Community Crunch 278: Introducing Dinopithecus, Beginner Server Wipe, and More!

StudioWildcard

6 minutes ago, HolyPoly1026 said:

And this is why you don't vote for a creature because of its concept, non-official abilities. Good job everyone! Coulda had carcharo or livyatan, but we got a Thyla with extra abilities. 

As excited as I was for Gun Monke, I don't blame Wildcard for skipping out on that. I mean, how would it even reload?

But even then, I'm still happy with what we got. The poop toss will probably slow/drain stam like other fecal attacks in the game. They can throw grenades for ranged burst damage, they can climb and use Ziplines. And they get a pack bonus.

All and all, this is exactly what I was hoping for. A Mid-sized creature with high mobility and combat potential.

• Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, Umber0010 said:

As excited as I was for Gun Monke, I don't blame Wildcard for skipping out on that. I mean, how would it even reload?

But even then, I'm still happy with what we got. The poop toss will probably slow/drain stam like other fecal attacks in the game. They can throw grenades for ranged burst damage, they can climb and use Ziplines. And they get a pack bonus.

All and all, this is exactly what I was hoping for. A Mid-sized creature with high mobility and combat potential.

It's just another one of those go-to land mounts everyone likes, because apparently everyone is tired of Thyla, Bloodstalker, Ferox, Ravager, Dein, Shadowmane, and Enforcer, not including the gliders/pseudo flyers, Maewing, Rock Drake, and Mana. This vote was very missed potential, and people only voted it for the weapon wielding ability and the meme. 

• Like 3

Just now, HolyPoly1026 said:

It's just another one of those go-to land mounts everyone likes, because apparently everyone is tired of Thyla, Bloodstalker, Ferox, Ravager, Dein, Shadowmane, and Enforcer, not including the gliders/pseudo flyers, Maewing, Rock Drake, and Mana. This vote was very missed potential, and people only voted it for the weapon wielding ability and the meme. 

Ok then. What did the other creatures bring to the table? The Carcha and Cerato are just more generic therapods, Half of the ocean's creatures are "Apex Predators" like the Livyatan. Gorgonopsid could be cool, I admit.

You could make the "missed potential" argument for any creature. I just feel that the Dino had the most potential for what it could have introduced, and at the very least has something unique in being a proper, ridable monkey. Something that has not been in ARK prior.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

It would be great fan service to add Carcharo as the third and final lost island creature, especially coming in as a photo finish 2nd place. Seeing how creative they were with the Amarga and monkey abilities, I think there’d be little worry about it potentially being a generic Rex alt.

I really hope Carchar ends up as our 3rd creature. 

Also not going to be sore about it, congrats team monkey on your narrow victory

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, Umber0010 said:

Ok then. What did the other creatures bring to the table? The Carcha and Cerato are just more generic therapods, Half of the ocean's creatures are "Apex Predators" like the Livyatan. Gorgonopsid could be cool, I admit.

You could make the "missed potential" argument for any creature. I just feel that the Dino had the most potential for what it could have introduced, and at the very least has something unique in being a proper, ridable monkey. Something that has not been in ARK prior.

Gigantopithicus much?

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Umber0010 said:

Gigantopithicus is just a guy in a fur suit. It also lacks the mobility of the Dinopithicus and can't throw projectile weapons.

It’s still a rideable monkey that has been in game for a long time. I get the abilities are different, but you saying that we haven’t had a rideable monkey before is factually wrong.

8 minutes ago, Din0Gamer said:

I wish the Charchar had won, but I’m fine with this because thank god they removed its ability to use guns. that was super dumb.

True of how a monkey hold and use a gun of it unrealistic and too heavy for monkey arms thought.

No Rambo monke tho of it good idea well no it not a good idea.

56 minutes ago, HectorCqrchaMapu said:

It must be a Rex's Size Carnivore , Please Bring Carcharodontosaurus, Mapusaurus or Acrocantosaurus, We need a new big Carnivore in The game , The last one was a medium sized Yutyranos Years ago.

actually....Yutyrannus was quite large, sure its not as big in terms of mass when compared to T.Rex or Spinosaurus, but it was still a large carnivore

Edited by Bulborb87