Jump to content

Lost Island Creature Contest Winner?


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, lincolnloud said:

the community obviously don;t all share that opinion, i feel the char would've been too similar to the rest of the large theropods

Well, monke will end up like our other shooter dino Velonasaur. Nerfed to the state of being useless. Nerfed so hard not even full imprint affects its damage values.

 

Meanwhile we could get a theropod carnivore in size of Rex to use for daily tasks, boss battles and adding another factor of danger in the ARKs. There was non since giga/yuty was added. A game about dinosaurs, literaly reason I started playing. Breaking dino meta quite bit and shifting potentialy giga powerhouse.

Kinda sad. This whole voting only added more toxicity in the community and imo ideal solution would be to add both of these into the game. As they both really fit the new map.

  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, maxplanck58 said:

I am not sure what you have perceived as being toxic.

Some people consider not getting what they want or others disagreeing with THEM as being toxic. Having the vote isn't toxic... the people who lost the vote and are bitter about it are the ones who are toxic. I would argue that those folk start off as 'toxic', and will always look for something to poison.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Kazaanh said:

Well, monke will end up like our other shooter dino Velonasaur. Nerfed to the state of being useless. Nerfed so hard not even full imprint affects its damage values.

 

Meanwhile we could get a theropod carnivore in size of Rex to use for daily tasks, boss battles and adding another factor of danger in the ARKs. There was non since giga/yuty was added. A game about dinosaurs, literaly reason I started playing. Breaking dino meta quite bit and shifting potentialy giga powerhouse.

Kinda sad. This whole voting only added more toxicity in the community and imo ideal solution would be to add both of these into the game. As they both really fit the new map.

in the end i really don't care if its damage gets nerfed, I don't play pvp, and in my opinion the dinopithecus has more use in pve than the char, let's be honest, this is the closest us on pve are getting to a tame geared towards us, and while it will be a bigger use in pvp anyways, it will still be nice to have some use for a new creature in pve, and lets be honest, most people are going to stick with rexes and deinonychus for bosses, and even if the char had been added it would likely get a nerf too, and if they do nerf the monkey i don't think that it will affect too  much, melee doesn't affect projectiles, so a monkey with an ascendant rifle will likely still deal the same damage as if wielded by the player

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

@maxplanck58 @Ganelon @Kazaanh

Honestly I am not seeing much of a debate, granted it has not been that long since the official post confirming the results. It is pretty average remarks, nothing unusual or new to this community. We KNEW this would be the natural next step.

It baffles me however, that people would get that furious with a game that offers so much customization. 

I am on the side that lost the argument, yet it is all good... I can fix this for myself.

I pitched to the community a vote as to how I will treat this on my private server, it will either be modded to keep only dinos or have the foundation for a Dino vs mammals all out war to save the lost world (lost island) from the evil mammals (how I would like to portrait them in this map specifically). Either way, its a story to tell.

We all had toys which we treated as the villain and dinopithecus could be that toy for me, heck I might even build a prison complex for them (maybe with some Humans vs ogres vibe). We just need to let the imagination free and voila! Problem solved!

We determine our fun, our issues, our limits, and honestly, if a community vote derails folks from this and makes them angry... Then I dare say people are not leveraging the powerful tools Wildcard has given us to tell our own stories in our own way. There is no harm in this result, it's an opportunity that provokes us, in a good way, to the next steps. I played my cards and lost the round, now I can use my "wildcard" and turn this around.

I am sure by now Wildcard knows Carcharodontosaurus also stands as one of the favorites, perhaps not only this creature but other top 10 can be leveraged as well down the line... no reason to fret at all, lets keep the ball going and have fun.

Cheers!

Edited by Martellus
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I like how people always explain away the Carcharodontosaurus by saying we have other big theropods, but realistially, the Rex is the only one that is viable for boss fights at the moment as an actual main component.  Yutyrannus is a utility dino, Gigas can't enter boss arenas for whatever reason, Spinos have way to thin of a health pool to ever possible enter the arena without being ridden, and Allosaurus are don't do bleed to bosses on top of being frail like the Spino.  A Rex alternative like the Carcharodontosaurus would have been a great add if they made it a bulkier version of the Rex with lower DPS, because it would have given us an altenative strategy for boss fights.  Honestly the boss meta is super boring, realistically its Rex or Therizinosaurs that are the only things that can realistically take on bosses.  With the Carcharodontosaurus they could have come up with some gimmick like the Ark additions Acro where its different than the Rex but doesn't destroy its meta spot.  Instead we are getting another mid size Dino thats probably going to have broken taming on introduction (Just like the Tropeo) and its going to have mediocre performance.

And please, don't share some video of someone playing on a boosted unofficial server wiping Alpha bosses with sub par tames like the Allosaurus and say "Oh look, they are viable".

Edited by RipRavage
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/30/2021 at 7:05 AM, Kazaanh said:

A game about dinosaurs

People should really stop using this tired arguing point. The game is at its core about survival alongside prehistoric creatures, not just dinosaurs exclusively. We had sabertooths, dire wolves and all other manner of prehistoric mammals. It then later branched out to include fantasy creatures. So unless you intend to complain about all of those things as well find a new argument.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/1/2021 at 1:11 AM, RipRavage said:

I like how people always explain away the Carcharodontosaurus by saying we have other big theropods, but realistially, the Rex is the only one that is viable for boss fights at the moment as an actual main component.  Yutyrannus is a utility dino, Gigas can't enter boss arenas for whatever reason, Spinos have way to thin of a health pool to ever possible enter the arena without being ridden, and Allosaurus are don't do bleed to bosses on top of being frail like the Spino.  A Rex alternative like the Carcharodontosaurus would have been a great add if they made it a bulkier version of the Rex with lower DPS, because it would have given us an altenative strategy for boss fights.  Honestly the boss meta is super boring, realistically its Rex or Therizinosaurs that are the only things that can realistically take on bosses.  With the Carcharodontosaurus they could have come up with some gimmick like the Ark additions Acro where its different than the Rex but doesn't destroy its meta spot.  Instead we are getting another mid size Dino thats probably going to have broken taming on introduction (Just like the Tropeo) and its going to have mediocre performance.

And please, don't share some video of someone playing on a boosted unofficial server wiping Alpha bosses with sub par tames like the Allosaurus and say "Oh look, they are viable".

Spinos even with low HP , you have more chance to get good saddle and they out-dps rexes by a far. Also on some boss arenas you get water-buff. Their attack animation is very quick

You can do bosses with reapers too. And they do surprisingly well with their natural build in resistances.

Allos do work too even without bleed debuff, but would agree it should be hotfixed for them. Deino get like 5 stacks and it works on bosses? All you need is 1 deino to shred the boss, meanwhile allo needs to be in a 2-allo pack minimum. ( at least they do well in gen missions )

Shadowmanes are great boss combatants.

Magmasaurs are great too, especially on dragon.

There are plenty of choices, i personaly go with mixed in dinos.

 

Carcha would add more dinos into the boss-dino pool, but we might end up seeing dinopithecuses too as a new alternative.

 

On 7/30/2021 at 10:46 PM, Ganelon said:

Some people consider not getting what they want or others disagreeing with THEM as being toxic. Having the vote isn't toxic... the people who lost the vote and are bitter about it are the ones who are toxic. I would argue that those folk start off as 'toxic', and will always look for something to poison.

By toxicity i mean how public voting system like this only sparks in-fights within the community for no reason at all. Votes should be anonymous and hidden. On 1 side you have team dino-monke which got baited by "monke with guns" in the end it didn't even got them. As you can see in this thread, comments and everywhere. Unecessary reason to split community even further.

Link to post
Share on other sites

People should vote for what they want. Why they want it is not relevant to other people and what those other folk want. People that are fighting about it are the toxic ones that cannot accept the end result, so they want to restrict HOW people get to their vote.

That includes people that voted because a YouTube influencer, who put  in the work to actually BE an influencer, can convince his viewers that the vote they prefer is best. All those people that voted are exactly as valid as any other vote. That includes people that read musings about the abilities and voted for that possibility. I absilutely do not accept that those people voted for a certainty, and would have thus voted otherwise. They are responsible for their own reasons...and ... They voted for what they want.

How they got to that is their own business!!!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ganelon said:

People should vote for what they want. Why they want it is not relevant to other people and what those other folk want. People that are fighting about it are the toxic ones that cannot accept the end result, so they want to restrict HOW people get to their vote.

Im not sure what you are replying to, it seems more a constant battle proclaiming your opinion... But I want to add that I think it was a bad idea to have the voting-results visible. Pretty fast it was a contest between the Monkey and Anti-Megalosaurus because you could see it was a lost vote if voting for anything else. So you ended up choosing between these 2, I bet 9/10 votes went biased that way...

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/31/2021 at 4:11 PM, RipRavage said:

don't share some video of someone playing on a boosted unofficial server wiping Alpha bosses with sub par tames like the Allosaurus and say "Oh look, they are viable".

Ok...so how bout my videos from official servers, with the stats I release to public 8 months ago

Or would you like to see a single alpha buffed allo shred a wild giga?

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/13/2021 at 3:18 PM, esdren said:

Ok...so how bout my videos from official servers, with the stats I release to public 8 months ago

Or would you like to see a single alpha buffed allo shred a wild giga?

 

 

 

 

And with this I have my vindication for why allos are completely viable if you actually invest in them rather than just writing them off. If you have a tame that sucks then it's on you as the player, not on the tame itself. Get good stock, breed that good stock, reap the rewards. This isn't rocket science people.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/13/2021 at 3:18 PM, esdren said:

Ok...so how bout my videos from official servers, with the stats I release to public 8 months ago

Or would you like to see a single alpha buffed allo shred a wild giga?

 

 

 

 

First off the Megapithecus is by far the easiest boss and second the Allo can use gnash against the Giga so its not that impressive.  I've beaten the Alpha Megapithecus with subpar rex stats and even Spinos before.   Its not about whether you can do it or not, its about whether it makes any sense to use Allosaurus instead of Rexes, and other than gnash effect, which doesn't work on bosses there isn't much purpose.  And just a tip, open your tames inventory in your videos and show the stats you are working with so that people can see what they are dealing with.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RipRavage said:

First off the Megapithecus is by far the easiest boss and second the Allo can use gnash against the Giga so its not that impressive

Why shift the goalpost like that? Your argument was boss fight viability was it not? Not specific boss at specific difficulty viability. As for the allo gnash it's not as if people weren't asking for carcharadontosaurus to have a gnash. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

Why shift the goalpost like that? Your argument was boss fight viability was it not? Not specific boss at specific difficulty viability. As for the allo gnash it's not as if people weren't asking for carcharadontosaurus to have a gnash. 

Other than using massively mutated stats with nothing but HP and Melee invested in to get under the official level cap, i'd be super curious as to what these things are taking to actually work on the bosses.  The difference being is I can beat this boss with very subpar rexes and no mutations and very little work required, I assume this allo line took tons of work and time to breed and mutate.  Not everybody on unnoficials, small servers, or single player are going to dedicate pointless time to mutating a Dino with literally half the health of the rex to get similar results as supbar rexes.  New dinos like the carcharadontosaurus should give a alt strategy for a similar investment as rexes.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...