Jump to content

Doubt about raid and duped loot - IMPORTANT


Recommended Posts

Hello everyone, 

Recently, with all the dev wipes for dupes going on, I had a very important question.

I'm playing on Small Tribes PvP Steam, and now that my tribe and I are starting to get strong to raid bases with considerable loot.
My doubt is: How can I know if any loot from the raided base is duped? I know one of the signs is the excessive amount of loot like tek generators, c4, and hard craft stuff. But what about when I get a little loot, for example 300 C4, but those C4 are dupeds and I don't know that, how can I prevent myself from taking dev wipe? Is there any tolerance regarding this? I'm really scared of raiding bases and gaining some duped loot and taking dev wipe for it, can someone explain better how it's working please?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, BatataIPButfpr said:

Hello everyone, 

Recently, with all the dev wipes for dupes going on, I had a very important question.

I'm playing on Small Tribes PvP Steam, and now that my tribe and I are starting to get strong to raid bases with considerable loot.
My doubt is: How can I know if any loot from the raided base is duped? I know one of the signs is the excessive amount of loot like tek generators, c4, and hard craft stuff. But what about when I get a little loot, for example 300 C4, but those C4 are dupeds and I don't know that, how can I prevent myself from taking dev wipe? Is there any tolerance regarding this? I'm really scared of raiding bases and gaining some duped loot and taking dev wipe for it, can someone explain better how it's working please?

I wouldn't sweat it too much. They can't tell if the loot was duped to begin with. Otherwise, there would be a lot less of it in the wild.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

I wouldn't sweat it too much. They can't tell if the loot was duped to begin with. Otherwise, there would be a lot less of it in the wild.

I don't understand very well what you mean, could you be more specifc if there are ways to know if the loot it's dupped or no? Or if i might have a problem with this with loot i've taken from raided bases?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Volunteer Moderator
16 minutes ago, BatataIPButfpr said:

I don't understand very well what you mean, could you be more specifc if there are ways to know if the loot it's dupped or no? Or if i might have a problem with this with loot i've taken from raided bases?

Unless they implemented some way to track duped loot (not visible to players), there is no way to tell if loot was duped. You can guess, have a hunch, figure based on the surrounding evidence. But you can't tell for sure. So, since they can't tell, I wouldn't worry about whether the loot might be duped.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Unless they implemented some way to track duped loot (not visible to players), there is no way to tell if loot was duped. You can guess, have a hunch, figure based on the surrounding evidence. But you can't tell for sure. So, since they can't tell, I wouldn't worry about whether the loot might be duped.

I was under the impression that they added item IDs a while ago specifically for the reason of dupe detection.
I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure it was said in an update somewhere.

Edited by DallanARK
forgot to quote
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Volunteer Moderator
8 minutes ago, DallanARK said:

I was under the impression that they added item IDs a while ago specifically for the reason of dupe detection.
I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure it was said in an update somewhere.

I didn't find anything like that in patch notes.

This was just put in place yesterday though:

"Unofficials can now enable additional dupe protection using the following commandline:

-UseItemDupeCheck (Note: this could have an impact on mods, so use with caution)"

That doesn't give any details but would allude they have implemented a way to track duped items.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Joebl0w13 said:

I didn't find anything like that in patch notes.

This was just put in place yesterday though:

"Unofficials can now enable additional dupe protection using the following commandline:

-UseItemDupeCheck (Note: this could have an impact on mods, so use with caution)"

That doesn't give any details but would allude they have implemented a way to track duped items.

Yeah, but if they added this tool, my concern is precisely that we have dubbed loot in the base taken from another base, and we can't use this command to check on officers, which leaves us vulnerable haha

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes is the answer, you can be dev wiped for looting duped loot, whether you realise it or not (or able to realise it). It's a low chance, sure, but scary enough that you can kill some bob trying to blow up your spam, loot their kit, and then get dev wiped for having 'duped loot'. 

 

It is really scary playing this game. You would think there would be some procedures in place to prevent it from happening, but no. They don't have the time or manpower to do multi step investigations. It's like if in IRL, a hair flew off your head in the wind, landed at a crime scene, and then you are arrested - except in Ark you get dev wiped/global banned. 

Edited by LockedFor14Minutes
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...