Hey all, I'm sure there's another topic that someone has already posted about something like this but I figured I would make my own to see if mine is an isolated issue. first and foremost I'll list out my specs so you know what I'm working with.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600x with heatsink and built in fan

Ram: 16GB dual channel T-force 1199MHz

Motherboard: MSI B450 Tomahawk AM4

GPU: Radeon RX 590 (XFX)

Storage: seagate 1TB (SATA) Toshiba 1TB (SATA) SSD 970EVO plus 500GB (SSD)

power supply: (80 plus gold) Corsair 650W

2 exhaust fans and 1 intake

My issue that I'm experiencing is that after an hour of playing on my desktop sometimes my game with stop, go to a completely gray screen, and then my PC will turn into a jet engine (not literally but it sounds like it) and then restart itself. It's happened multiple times to me to the point where on an occasion or two my character has been completely wiped. I have no idea what's been going on. I have an application that monitors my temps for the components and everything seems normal. CPU is at 33 C at idle and goes up to 47 C during playing and my GPU goes from 28 C at idle to 51 C while playing. Maybe it is overheating or maybe my GPU is just dying out, I'm not entirely sure. I love this game and I just want to be able to play for extended periods of time. Thank you in advance for any and all assistance. First time poster so go easy haha.

Archived