ARK Survival Server and Client Version 333.5

euspanks

I run a Linux Ark Survival Server for my kiddos and their friends.  I recently rebooted the server and the server ARK version updated to 333.5.  Also, my kiddos ARK Survival Windows Steam Clients updated to version 333.5.  I thought all was well, until my kiddos told me that none of their friends could update to version 333.5.  At least 3 other kid's clients would not update past 333.4.

I then looked at the official latest version for ARK PC and it says 333.4 on the forums.  So how do i have 333.5 installed on Linux Server and Windows ARK clients?

Anyone know how I can resolve this or how I could help the other kids to update?  I have walked one kid through verifying the integrity of the game files.  It did find some bad files but did not update past 333.4.

Thanks in advance!

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, euspanks said:

I run a Linux Ark Survival Server for my kiddos and their friends.  I recently rebooted the server and the server ARK version updated to 333.5.  Also, my kiddos ARK Survival Windows Steam Clients updated to version 333.5.  I thought all was well, until my kiddos told me that none of their friends could update to version 333.5.  At least 3 other kid's clients would not update past 333.4.

I then looked at the official latest version for ARK PC and it says 333.4 on the forums.  So how do i have 333.5 installed on Linux Server and Windows ARK clients?

Anyone know how I can resolve this or how I could help the other kids to update?  I have walked one kid through verifying the integrity of the game files.  It did find some bad files but did not update past 333.4.

Thanks in advance!

This is not uncommon for Linux updates to be released later. However, as long as this is not a major version there should not be any issue. For example, 333.x clients can join 333.x servers but not 334.x, etc. The minor version is not mandatory to match so long as the major does.

4 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

This is not uncommon for Linux updates to be released later. However, as long as this is not a major version there should not be any issue. For example, 333.x clients can join 333.x servers but not 334.x, etc. The minor version is not mandatory to match so long as the major does.

Thanks for the quick response, but in this case, it would appear my linux server and my windows ark clients got updated via steam, but not the other kiddos.

Is 333.5 the current version???

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, euspanks said:

Thanks for the quick response, but in this case, it would appear my linux server and my windows ark clients got updated via steam, but not the other kiddos.

Is 333.5 the current version???

I just checked and my windows client, as well as my windows servers, are all 333.4. This is also the version listed by the patch notes so that seems to be the current version.

Just now, invincibleqc said:

I just checked and my windows client, as well as my windows servers, are all 333.4. This is also the version listed by the patch notes so that seems to be the current version.

Hmm, odd.  Not sure how my windows clients and the server both got updated to 333.5 (especially if it does not exist yet).  Must have been a timing/glitch issue, because the clients and the server would have been updated around the same time.  Not sure what to do, other than to wait.  Kiddos will be upset, lol!  Time to play outside for a while!!!

I have a Linux server as well and there was a "ghost" update available starting on 7/23 at around 12:00PM(CDT). I didn't update because there was no patch notes, seems like that's the right move. Btw I have a script constantly checking for updates(mods and ARK itself) and send email when one is available, if you would like to check it out let me know

Archived