How do I get more meat?

Zapha

Raising 20 Rexes as we speak. On 0.25 rates. Yeah I'm not even sure it's possible even with my perfect tame mate boosted imprinted bred Rexes. Thankfully I play solo so I've given up on 500 hours of breeding and just cheat meat into fridges sometimes (40 at a time garsh).

I dont *dislike* the breeding but the amount of it relative to the rest of the gameplay is a bit out of my interest range.

On 7/30/2021 at 9:09 AM, Oldster said:

Raising 20 Rexes as we speak. On 0.25 rates. Yeah I'm not even sure it's possible even with my perfect tame mate boosted imprinted bred Rexes. Thankfully I play solo so I've given up on 500 hours of breeding and just cheat meat into fridges sometimes (40 at a time garsh).

I dont *dislike* the breeding but the amount of it relative to the rest of the gameplay is a bit out of my interest range.

Honestly, single player is much easier to deal with, the ability to turn on and off the server is right there and even if you couldn't, the ability to just change the settings is "right there" tempting as they may be. 

With that said, I honestly think that things should be adjusted on both server and solo. Granted I know that the devs are keeping things in place to prevent everyone from breeding 100k dinos in a month and crashing the servers, but as for those who run as a solo online, or solo offline, breeding is just a huge yet necessary pain. Granted, a new surgent mother was a perfect injection to those who already play, but its kind of a pain that the only other surgent doesn't actually help that much for those who only run the island. If you don't get a maewing, the only other choice is a procoptadon and personal management, and right now they only slow down the food consumption. They don't replace it entirely like the maewing does without you being there.

I feel like we could have had a few more parental dino's for this game to help with raising them. Granted, we do have a few for the eggs. Otters, Dimetrodon, heck even kairuku if your willing to have say 20-30 of them standing next to each other within a foundation, but thats a bit far fetched. Still, using dinos' to hatch eggs is plentiful, while those who help it reach maturity is.....well.....rare. If we had some more options or different abilities for helping to raise babies, I think it would be the right path to go down instead of changing the rates.

Crazy thing is, it just doesn't have to be about the baby, maybe you can have a dino that will auto refill the trough with a nearby fridge? Maybe you can have a mated set where one goes wandering and collects berries, then brings back half the haul for the female who is taking care of the babies? Or as a last idea, having a surgent mother that provides milk that all babies can eat.

Either way, there is several ways to help alive this issue, but as for the here and now, best to go procoptodon, then maewing if you have the DLC and time to tame one.

I got now a rex, found an egg with good stats (has now 500 melee like my wyvern).

And it's not the "meat machine" you told me. The meat gaining is roughly the same like with my wyvern, but the rex has no wings. And his climbing ability isn't that good, he often hangs at low obstacles.

Sorry, but my wyvern is a better "meat machine" than my rex. And before you now say "But the Giga, the Giga ...", I don't believe you. Flyers rule.

A question I don't see being asked is what are you eating? On Crystal Isles we have two bases one in the snow and one in the middle of the map. The snow half takes twice as long because of what is being eaten. Mammoths, deer, wolves, ankies, argies, rhinos, and an occasional rex in the north vs brontos, paracers, phoimas, stegos, rexes, yutties, carnos, and other smaller stuff.  Stuff with pelt in my experience give very little meat. Where as when dealing with especially brontos, paracers, and phoimas you get a lot. Phoimas being the best thing to get because of there smaller health pool but still giving 100s of meat. 

12 minutes ago, Bladesong said:

A question I don't see being asked is what are you eating? On Crystal Isles we have two bases one in the snow and one in the middle of the map. The snow half takes twice as long because of what is being eaten. Mammoths, deer, wolves, ankies, argies, rhinos, and an occasional rex in the north vs brontos, paracers, phoimas, stegos, rexes, yutties, carnos, and other smaller stuff.  Stuff with pelt in my experience give very little meat. Where as when dealing with especially brontos, paracers, and phoimas you get a lot. Phoimas being the best thing to get because of there smaller health pool but still giving 100s of meat. 

Read again,only kill carnivores

11 hours ago, Zapha said:

I got now a rex, found an egg with good stats (has now 500 melee like my wyvern). And it's not the "meat machine" you told me. The meat gaining is roughly the same like with my wyvern, but the rex has no wings. And his climbing ability isn't that good, he often hangs at low obstacles. Sorry, but my wyvern is a better "meat machine" than my rex. And before you now say "But the Giga, the Giga ...", I don't believe you. Flyers rule.

Im still curious if you have attempted to use a rare flower to help attract nearby dino's.

The rare flower? No, on CI there are not much spots where a flower would atract many dinos. The dinos there are wide spreaded, if I would hunt specific dinos I would even need longer. Mostly I clear all big and medium sized dinos in the northeast. And you need a flyer to cover the large distances.

Next time I built my breeding base on a map with more dense population. Maybe on Lost Island.

Archived