Voting for Lost Island newly creature to be added.

SunsetErosion

Well, I would like to vote for one of the candidates that are now clear for the players to vote for...

Only problem is, for me, I still have no idea what I am actually going to be voting for! 
This because there are such a big load of ideas, abilities and typical characteristics quoted in every submission. 
What are the devs really going to be working on? Cant they submit their own early appearance and functional designs with the final voting?
I would like to know this, before voting for something that seems awesome, but then get disapointed with the release...

45 minutes ago, Runanon said:

I would really enjoy the gorgonops! they are one of my favorite prehistoric creatures

I missed out on this, didnt have enough time to put my own idea into the contest. Too bad...
There are some neat ideas now, but some ideas are a little bit "copycats" also with whats already in the game, but not "attractive" enough.

My idea was to work out a cute Koala that would fit and blend right in perfectly with the Lost Island map. A dino that would have thatch-related early game functions and end game functions like maybe giving it a "cuteness, omg i make such adorable wistles(roar) when in combat" bonus that will give the surrounding dinos a stat boost similar to the Imprint bonus, just as high as its own imprint. Or a tek suit for it. A shouldermount with a shouldercannon! 
:/ Im so sad I didnt have enough time, perhaps this would have been a good workout for the contest.

2 hours ago, DoughBoy93 said:

A map that looks prehistoric you say 🤔 

Wildcard: Let's add raptoring lazer beems and meks ja ja ja....

I feel like its not going to be a result of peoples own interests anymore.
With 2 clear candidates its became kind of "I want the monkey, or the Carcha.
They shouldnt have viewing results available, I think...

I think the point is moot.

Expecting a design document to vote for is asking for something other than what they are offering. They threw a bone... "Hey, what REAL dino turns you all on?" is what they are offering a vote on. They are not offering "Hey, what incredible stat and abilities do you all want???".

The two are not the same. 

On 7/25/2021 at 4:12 PM, Ganelon said:

I think the point is moot.

Expecting a design document to vote for is asking for something other than what they are offering. They threw a bone... "Hey, what REAL dino turns you all on?" is what they are offering a vote on. They are not offering "Hey, what incredible stat and abilities do you all want???".

The two are not the same. 

I dont understand why you cant find that those 2 factors are connection. The way it looks and the way it behaves and its abilities. You choose the mokney to let it do monkey things. There is a no reason to work out a whole concept of ideas on any of the contributes in this competition if there is no somewhat guaranteed result. 
If there is no connection between those 2. Adding a lot of them is highly pointless. Might as well just add them as chibis...

46 minutes ago, SunsetErosion said:

I dont understand why you cant find that those 2 factors are connection. The way it looks and the way it behaves and its abilities. You choose the mokney to let it do monkey things. There is a no reason to work out a whole concept of ideas on any of the contributes in this competition if there is no somewhat guaranteed result. 
If there is no connection between those 2. Adding a lot of them is highly pointless. Might as well just add them as chibis...

Because it isn't what was being asked.  "Which Creature do you want to see in Lost Island?"  that is the question asked of everyone.  On top of that, WC gave themselves and out, " While we may not adopt all of your gameplay ideas, we will certainly be looking at and considering everything that's submitted."  

That sentence right there makes it pretty clear, don't get wrapped up in the submitted ideas about gameplay.

7 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

Because it isn't what was being asked.  "Which Creature do you want to see in Lost Island?"  that is the question asked of everyone.  On top of that, WC gave themselves and out, " While we may not adopt all of your gameplay ideas, we will certainly be looking at and considering everything that's submitted."  

That sentence right there makes it pretty clear, don't get wrapped up in the submitted ideas about gameplay.

AKA , wildcard will take only the look of it , not how the whole fanmade dossier that come with the vote is gonna pass into final.
It still can be anything and it's up to Wildcard to pick and choose. You guys can still given them some idea but the final say still on them.

You know, I'd be alright with the Deinopethicus if it wasnt for the fact 3/4 of the people voting for it are silly meme'ing teenagers would want to see their stupid "monke" meme acknowledged by the devs so they can bounce around their rooms with glee like it's some kind of achievement. Would even wager less than half of them play the actual game or will even tame the damn thing (once the meme excitement has passed).

Im too old to understand the joke and I feel there could be many more reasons than that for the Killer Baboon to be in the game. Even though frankly other ideas seem better, Much like the carcharodontosaurus and even some of the other ideas. I didn't put too much stock when I proposed the Suchomimus, but I decided at the time "why the hell not?"

And to those saying "urgh another large theropod", yeah? so? It's dinosaur game ain't it? Who would complain about more variety? If I was wildcard, I'd just add all 10 of these creatures, because it's clear the community wants them. And yeah I agree, add both the Deinopethicus and the Carcharodontosaurus and everyone will be happy. Hell that might be their plan all along as they did mention 3 new dinos would be added to the game along with the amargasaurus and the community voted one. Who knows?

22 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

Well, even tough it sounds like easy cheesing the community and looking lazy in the final result, if the final add would be nothing like the submitted creatures and with their ideas on abilities. Its about interpretation here. But its hard to smell creatures through the screen or saying: "Which creature you want to experience" just doesnt sound right. On what info is presented at the point we where get to vote for the canditates, I still think they should have done a little more pre-work on the possibilities on abilities. I mean Pre-vote, there could have been submissions with abilites (eg. Ridable underground) that would, scripting-wise be far too hard to create but at nr 1 in polls. Without that ability the whole adding would/could be pointless...

All aside, I'll hope they gonne add the monkey, but it will look like a Koala and it will have Koala super-powers! Would have been my add to the competition :)

5 hours ago, Jannor said:

You know, I'd be alright with the Deinopethicus if it wasnt for the fact 3/4 of the people voting for it are silly meme'ing teenagers would want to see their stupid "monke" meme acknowledged by the devs so they can bounce around their rooms with glee like it's some kind of achievement. Would even wager less than half of them play the actual game or will even tame the damn thing (once the meme excitement has passed).

Im too old to understand the joke and I feel there could be many more reasons than that for the Killer Baboon to be in the game. Even though frankly other ideas seem better, Much like the carcharodontosaurus and even some of the other ideas. I didn't put too much stock when I proposed the Suchomimus, but I decided at the time "why the hell not?"

And to those saying "urgh another large theropod", yeah? so? It's dinosaur game ain't it? Who would complain about more variety? If I was wildcard, I'd just add all 10 of these creatures, because it's clear the community wants them. And yeah I agree, add both the Deinopethicus and the Carcharodontosaurus and everyone will be happy. Hell that might be their plan all along as they did mention 3 new dinos would be added to the game along with the amargasaurus and the community voted one. Who knows?

Eh. I mean... not really. You were kinda hard-pressed to call ARK a dinosaur game even back before the laser beams and genetic abominations. Prehistoric would be much more accurate. And prehistoric animals include megafauna. But if it's variety we're after, wouldn't the Killer Baboon still make more sense? I mean, in terms of theropods, you've got the Rex, Spino, Giga, Yut, Allo, Megalo, Carno and Bary. But in terms of primates, we've got, what? The Mesopithecus? And Gigantopithecus (which doesn't even move like an actual gorilla)? 

Then again, I'm biased towards mammals. I just feel like they've got a lot more personality and spark. 

Archived