Mutagen question

grasshopperlol

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/24/2021 at 5:59 AM, grasshopperlol said:

To clarify the dino ancestors would both be wild tamed and he would not have any mutations.  Does this qualify for +5?

To tell if you can get the +5 the ancestry needs to look like the attached picture, If it doesn't say ??? wild ancestors there then it has been bred. 

If the creature has been bred, I believe you can still feed it mutagen, but it will only give +1 to the 4 stats, and those stats will not be passed on to offspring.

Screenshot 2021-08-05 111408.jpg

On 7/24/2021 at 6:57 AM, grasshopperlol said:

When it says that +5 levels are for "wild ancestors" only. Does that mean it has to not be bred at all, or if i have bred two wild tamed together is that still considered "wild"?

I was typeing something, but stopped at the point of this question.....if you technically raise wyverns from stealing the eggs, does this mean they cannot give them mutagen?

Wyvern eggs, rock drake eggs, reapers......its like everything from aberration got nerfed. o.o

Mutagen gives 20 levels to a wild tamed creature (5 each to health, stam, weight and melee)  This means the tame (or a clone of the tame) must be something that has no parents in it's line, and no imprint bar on it's stats.  The new stats can carry on to any offspring.  You can only mutagen something once.

You *can* use mutagen on a bred tame, but it's a bit of a waste.  It will only add 5 levels, 1 to each of the same above listed stats.  These stats do NOT carry on to the offspring. 

4 hours ago, EllyRigby said:

Mutagen gives 20 levels to a wild tamed creature (5 each to health, stam, weight and melee)  This means the tame (or a clone of the tame) must be something that has no parents in it's line, and no imprint bar on it's stats.  The new stats can carry on to any offspring.  You can only mutagen something once.

You *can* use mutagen on a bred tame, but it's a bit of a waste.  It will only add 5 levels, 1 to each of the same above listed stats.  These stats do NOT carry on to the offspring. 

Nice clarification, I was wondering if the stats not carrying over was specific to bred tames cause if it was like that with wilds too then I think there is no point. Also your description seems to say that it isnt really worth it on a reaper/rock drake type of tame which is strange as those are the types of things I assumed would be the most useful for mutagen.

On 8/5/2021 at 2:06 PM, wizard03 said:

I was typeing something, but stopped at the point of this question.....if you technically raise wyverns from stealing the eggs, does this mean they cannot give them mutagen?

Wyvern eggs, rock drake eggs, reapers......its like everything from aberration got nerfed. o.o

look at the ancestry, it was already pointed out what to look for in the picture above.  The idea that you are looking for imprint bar is incorrect,  you can get the +5 on stuff that's imprinted - wild picked magma eggs, rock drakes, reaper kings, wild caught crystal wyverns and from hatched wild eggs all get the +5 bonus if applied.

I've already applied it to an r-reaper king and got +20 levels.

2 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

I've already applied it to an r-reaper king and got +20 levels.

Really?  That's awesome because the nicest looking reapers I've had have come out with so-so stats.  So that makes me happy. Would be great to boost them this way and use them.  Also great for griffins, kind of excited to bump those up as well.

Archived