Community Crunch 277: Top 10 Lost Island Creatures, Giveaways, and More!

StudioWildcard

36 minutes ago, StrandedAndStoopid said:

i had saw it happen. monke had 5044 votes then in like 30 seconds it jumped to 5070. it had happened multiple times and at one point (a few days ago when the monke was ahead by only a little) carchar got ahead by 12 votes. next refresh (probably like a minute) we were only ahead by 2. wildcard said that alts would be disqualified but idk, that could have been to make us reconsider. or people were making entirly new accounts for like discord or gmail accounts that will never be used. and yes i spent 4 hours watching the votes. 

or other people did the same. 
but we already know, that influencers and modder had their turn on that again.

18 hours ago, RageIronhorn said:

He didn't just use his influence, he also used the nonprofit, Orangutan Outreach. It looks great from the one side, but when you stop and think of timing, it's a little more clear. Didn't start it till the last week of this, not once during the top ten. I keep hearing that he says in the video to vote for what you want, but in the descriptions each time it said "support the monkey". He even tweeted to NOT vote for the carchar, but instead to request TLC for the giga.  

It will always be perfectly fine when it benefits them to use the influencers. 

This is just stupid that every one is acting like a bunch of prissy little jerks. I wanted carconadonthosaurus too, but now we are blaming up from the depths for trying to save the orangutans. Wild card might add carconadonthosaurus to ark 2 early on now anyways. We need to grow the freaking up.

21 hours ago, RageIronhorn said:

He didn't just use his influence, he also used the nonprofit, Orangutan Outreach. It looks great from the one side, but when you stop and think of timing, it's a little more clear. Didn't start it till the last week of this, not once during the top ten. I keep hearing that he says in the video to vote for what you want, but in the descriptions each time it said "support the monkey". He even tweeted to NOT vote for the carchar, but instead to request TLC for the giga.  

It will always be perfectly fine when it benefits them to use the influencers. 

3 hours ago, Compyking said:

This is just stupid that every one is acting like a bunch of prissy little jerks. I wanted carconadonthosaurus too, but now we are blaming up from the depths for trying to save the orangutans. Wild card might add carconadonthosaurus to ark 2 early on now anyways. We need to grow the freaking up.

While him raising awareness to the Orangutan Outreach was pretty cool, it wouldn't have hurt to just wait a little bit to do it. Also if you just look at his twitter for the past week or so, its filled with him saying stuff like support the monkey, or him rallying the people to vote for it. Like, maybe save the monkey business for after the vote?

15 hours ago, TimeBomb2003 said:

While him raising awareness to the Orangutan Outreach was pretty cool, it wouldn't have hurt to just wait a little bit to do it. Also if you just look at his twitter for the past week or so, its filled with him saying stuff like support the monkey, or him rallying the people to vote for it. Like, maybe save the monkey business for after the vote?

I agree on the bad timing, but of course he is going to say "support the monkey he was the that brought up the denopithecus idea. And I will admit the denopithecus group is a little to fishy but we lost and it has been confirmed, so there is no reason to dwell on this by badmouthing 4,000+ voters. But at least the denopithecus could be promising for the caves and personal defense.

Edited by Compyking

24 minutes ago, Compyking said:

I agree on the bad timing, but of course he is going to say "support the monkey he was the that brought up the denopithecus idea. And I will admit the denopithecus group is a little to fishy but we lost and it has been confirmed, so there is no reason to dwell on this instead of badmouthing 4,000+ voters. But at least the denopithecus could be promising for the caves and personal defense.

I guess so... but I still think that all the youtubers should've stayed out of it.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...