I need help with the lava cave

Arkbad

I am currently level 90 something, but I have a multitude problems... I have used a fabricator only a couple of times, materials are a scarcity, I am scared of both going inland AND deep underwater, and the strongest thing I have is a single T rex. I have tested the lava cave and I was horrified on how it killed 2 carnos and a raptor pack. Also, I have barely any ammo because gunpowder is pretty hard to get in my case. Any tips? (I’m sorry if this was long)

A shotgun with at least a stack of ammo (for the bats) and med brew (for the mega-rabies) are mandatory for that cave. Breeding a good raptor will help plenty as well. There are a couple spots that you need to grapple across too. If you're using flak armour, bring lots of water. And spare weapons and armour of course.

I'd spend the time to get those things before going back.

4 hours ago, Arkbad said:

Any tips?

In all seriousness the best tip is simply, "You're not ready for the lava cave."

I'm sure that's not the tip you were hoping to get, but it's the truth. If you lost a pack of raptors, then your raptors need to be better. if you don't have enough ammo then you need to spend more time building up a good system for making lots of ammo.

Ark is a game of progression and you have not progressed enough to be ready for that cave. There are so many places to die in that cave that you need to have a good supply of dino's, equipment & ammo so that you can replace anything you lose in there - and it's extremely likely that you will die in there, most likely multiple times.

The last thing you want to do is take all of the good dino's and stuff you own, run into that cave, and then die when you're halfway through. If you took your best stuff then you won't have any way of getting back in to recover what you've lost. You need to own a bunch of dino's, multiple sets of weapon, armor & ammo just to cover what you might lose each time you die.

The lava cave is hard, there are no tips that are going to let you scoot in and out, you have to be ready for it.

10 hours ago, Arkbad said:

I am currently level 90 something, but I have a multitude problems... I have used a fabricator only a couple of times, materials are a scarcity, I am scared of both going inland AND deep underwater, and the strongest thing I have is a single T rex. I have tested the lava cave and I was horrified on how it killed 2 carnos and a raptor pack. Also, I have barely any ammo because gunpowder is pretty hard to get in my case. Any tips? (I’m sorry if this was long)

I know going inland is scary, but you gotta get a thylo. Their ability to jump and climb walls help smash caves, including the lava cave.

On 7/23/2021 at 9:54 PM, Arkbad said:

Get a flock of Dimorphs. They don't struggle with terrain, and they will SLAUGHTER anything that comes at them. High(ish) level wild tames are well OK if you have around 6 of them. After leveling I have a bunch that have around 1.5 - 2.0 k health - and they will kill anything short of a giga, or a wyvern (which they can't catch up to)

22 hours ago, DirkInSA said:

Get a flock of Dimorphs. They don't struggle with terrain, and they will SLAUGHTER anything that comes at them. High(ish) level wild tames are well OK if you have around 6 of them. After leveling I have a bunch that have around 1.5 - 2.0 k health - and they will kill anything short of a giga, or a wyvern (which they can't catch up to)

That’s what I thought of doing. The only problem with that is that I have a hard time keeping track of the little guys. I’m gonna try that though

Archived