Bad enough we had to deal with mass pillering now we deal with turrets

LittleMickey

You join regular servers because 1) you know it wont be wiped and many of us are breeders and builders. We deal with tribes mass pillering everywhere and many dont even live near those areas now we deal with turrets on missions that kill everything , ruins good areas. Which is pathetic to me cause that is taking a advantage over other players who want to earn  everything the legit way.  Lost 3 150s trying to tame but they stopped the shop because of those who had huge amounts to spend in the shop why this is basically doing the exact same thing. They run through it get 25k hexagons and spend it in the shop. yes you can go on unofficals but why should we have too. This was brought up gen1 and devs were against it but now its fine? Sorry no respect for anyone who has to cheat and this is cheating,

I would call this more griefing, but that should still be against the CoC.  We see this on our server now too.  There's 3 separate tribes going around setting up tek gens and tek turrets all over the land scape on both eden and rockwell biomes.  No bases to defend, just turrets everywhere killing all the river life and everything around it.

devs response was its okay  really so lets not bs . This is def cheating no not whining making a point. They shut down  the store to buy mats ,boxes etc Cause so many have saved up and yet its doing the same thing. You can call it anything you want but its clearly against the rules. Unfair advantage over other players. Called a hypocrite. here is what the best thing is. Every always say boxtribes do this box tribes do that. But its not box tribes doing it, spoke to some today and they even agreed its beyond cheating. Go figure. FYI not all box tribes cheat, some help others, trade honestly etc . 

This has been a thing since the missions on gen1, people would setup turrets at the choke points where a brute dino would spawn such as the brute golems. It made the missions easier sure, but I would in no way consider this "cheating". Most of the time these tribes would turn off their turret spots when not in use so they arent wasting element on random dinos in the area. If they are leaving them on 24/7 I can see that as a bit annoying for the people trying to tame in those areas sure, but cheating?? thats pretty laughable to me. Theres nothing not legit about doing a mission this way just as its legit to kill a brute mission dino with a tek pistol instead of using an army of rexs/gigas/reapers/etc.

Personally I would say just go tame somewhere else, the map is huge and there are plenty of places to tame things that are no where near mission terminals or their paths. Cheating in this game requires glitches or 3rd party programs to accomplish, anything you can do within the game with in game items that doesnt include meshing through the map or crashing the server to dupe is in no way cheating which is why the devs response to you is that its perfectly fine. Thats the point of a sandbox game, everyone can accomplish their goals with whatever tools they want within the games system. If I want to get through the tek cave on the island with a wing suit instead of fighting everything, its perfectly legal. If I want to drown a wild giga to kill and get the heart instead of fighting it head on, thats legal. In a game like this there will always be multiple ways to do almost everything.

You can do alpha velo stalk with a single average giga easily and farm those hex points till infinity if you so choose, which is why the store is back on now cause people can get those hex points easily now compared to on day 1 when it was a bit unfair obviously. The whole unfair advantage argument is a moot point now, it only applied to the earliest days of gen2.

Now on the topic of blocking the mission terminals, thats obviously an issue. Which is why they updated to stop building through and around mission terminals(I dont understand how WC can call themselves a competent company and not have building around terminals disabled from the start, but thats a different conversation). If that is still happening with tek force fields then I would say that needs to be reported and taken care of.

Archived