new creature submission Where is the poll results

1 minute ago, MMaas said:

The new community crunch is normaly published on saturday, aren't you just a little bit impatient?
Personaly I would rather see them fixing the egg bugs than creating a new map with copyright issues ;)

Different people doing different things, no need to stop production and have some groups doing nothing. Might as well be working a new map while others address the bugs (ex. art and map design does not equal programming). 😉

As for the votes, these are gone from the forums. I am hoping that with 10 finalists all people kinda go for an actual dinosaur, but that is me. 🙃

I am really disappointed with the top 4 creatures, I may need to mod them out to have an actual "lost island". We will see, I rather wait for the results and cry after. LOL. Hurray for mods and additional creatures!

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to Where is the poll results
3 hours ago, TheTravelingwarrior said:

Is that the bug where the egg incubator isn't producing twins/triplets? 

I have had twins and trips from incubator. The real bug is that eggs don't hatch anymore outside incubator. Personaly I can't make incubators since I don't have Gen2 but some people were realy friendly and gave it to me. I have used it in my base but now I'm stuck with my waterbreeds.

Can imagine that it makes breeding impossible for new players or people that are not as lucky as me. Also, all the effort in grinding ac's for hatching rooms are a waste of effort now and you can only set 1 temperature at a time, where ac's can do several very different eggs at the same time.

2 hours ago, MMaas said:

I have had twins and trips from incubator. The real bug is that eggs don't hatch anymore outside incubator. Personaly I can't make incubators since I don't have Gen2 but some people were realy friendly and gave it to me. I have used it in my base but now I'm stuck with my waterbreeds.

Can imagine that it makes breeding impossible for new players or people that are not as lucky as me. Also, all the effort in grinding ac's for hatching rooms are a waste of effort now and you can only set 1 temperature at a time, where ac's can do several very different eggs at the same time.

I havnt been hit with that yet but my hatchery room is nearly obsolete. It made me sad till I realized I can hatch my 40+ stacked mutant creatures enmass when I no longer need to cherry pick the sole mutation out of a pile of hundreds of eggs. It's given me two lines of ember crystal wyverns each with 15+ mutations, only 5 more rounds of "is this the stat I want" before the final breeding pair are born.  

10 hours ago, Martellus said:

As for the votes, these are gone from the forums. I am hoping that with 10 finalists all people kinda go for an actual dinosaur, but that is me. 🙃

I am really disappointed with the top 4 creatures, I may need to mod them out to have an actual "lost island". We will see, I rather wait for the results and cry after. LOL. Hurray for mods and additional creatures!

I'm also hoping an actual dino is going to win too, I'm tired of all the mammals being added, and unfortunately so far a dumb baboon is in the lead 😠 If that ugly thing wins I'm not even playing the new map.

The Carchardontosaurus is in 2nd though so I'm hoping more people will vote that one! We need something in-between the Rex and giga in my opinion, not more small creatures that ill never use.

10 hours ago, TheTravelingwarrior said:

I voted for the bison because it was well thought out with lots of details + we don't have a bovine. If seen all manner of mini rexes, mini giga or teeth with legs for chasing survivors but I wanted a unique creature. Not some shrunken reskined atrocity. 

Well, I am not sure how Atlas relates to Ark nowadays, but they do have bovines in it, it would not be a stretch for them to take something back after giving so much to Atlas project, which never took off and I rather be here with Ark. 

2 minutes ago, SnakeChick said:

I'm also hoping an actual dino is going to win too, I'm tired of all the mammals being added, and unfortunately so far a dumb baboon is in the lead 😠 If that ugly thing wins I'm not even playing the new map.

The Carchardontosaurus is in 2nd though so I'm hoping more people will vote that one! We need something in-between the Rex and giga in my opinion, not more small creatures that ill never use.

I have made my remarks about the baboon and the bat as well. I am also looking at Carchardontosaurus and I hope it makes it. I did some math and there was enough "actual dino votes" to place it in the lead (now that all other options are gone). Provided Cera does not take too many votes from it, if that happens then both lose and we will either have another monkey or a bat. 

I am biased towards dinosaurs and like you, I too feel we reached a good number of mammals in the game, but thats us. There are people that want more of them and that is fine.

My issue is this map specifically. "Lost Island" and its setup is so dino like, it reminds me of old movies like The Lost World (not to be confused with Jurassic Park/World), where they had all these dinosaurs roaming in a remote place in South America. So for this map specifically, I rather just see dinos so the theme is aligned. Leave mammals for a mammal inspired map for example, maybe even in a Ice Age vibe.

Cheers!

Archived