Starwing strike alpha is impossible after the last update.

EndlessDuck

• 5 weeks later...

Ive done starwing strike gamma-alpha on xbox official servers pretty recently. It was a grind to be sure, but doable for me at least. Stuck on star dolphin alpha right now, I am the closest to doing it on my server but solo its a pita. If I had 1 other decent player with me I think it would be much much easier.

5 hours ago, KingOfAshes said:

Alpha? I tried 17 times to do the Gamma on console and gave up. Just impossible to do the amount of damage needed in the time given with the glitchy movement and all. Jeez....

Since you mention the amount of damage needed in the time given, it sounds to me like you are talking about star dolphin not starwing strike. Star dolphin requires around 14k points for the first door and 28k on the 2nd door, very difficult. I have only gotten through the 2nd door once and ended up losing the space whale during the 2nd skiff section. Most good runs I end up at the 2nd door coming up short with around 26k points. I noticed that with 2 players the 1st door only goes up from 14k to like 15.5k points and I have gotten that much myself before so with 2 good players it should be kinda a breeze.

4 hours ago, Piffguru said:

Ive done starwing strike gamma-alpha on xbox official servers pretty recently. It was a grind to be sure, but doable for me at least. Stuck on star dolphin alpha right now, I am the closest to doing it on my server but solo its a pita. If I had 1 other decent player with me I think it would be much much easier.

Since you mention the amount of damage needed in the time given, it sounds to me like you are talking about star dolphin not starwing strike. Star dolphin requires around 14k points for the first door and 28k on the 2nd door, very difficult. I have only gotten through the 2nd door once and ended up losing the space whale during the 2nd skiff section. Most good runs I end up at the 2nd door coming up short with around 26k points. I noticed that with 2 players the 1st door only goes up from 14k to like 15.5k points and I have gotten that much myself before so with 2 good players it should be kinda a breeze.

We have done this mission 100 times plus in the past week and it is 100% impossible to do even on gamma.  After overcoming the 100% garbage controls, (whoever designed them should be fired) we have been able to make it to the end of the ridiculously long and over complicated mission (whoever designed that should also be fired) just to make it to what we assume is the ending,  just to have the game crash for at least one, if not multiple people.  The game says it's 1-5 people, but only 4 can join, makes sense right? And I will guarantee it if all of the 4 people make it to the end at least 2 will have the game crash, it has happened every single time so far.  And the lucky ones that don't have the game crash will be killed and have to respawn only to find their body a half a mile from the game hub and underground.   we are all playing on the ps4 version on ps5s, so there isn't much more upgrading of hardware we can do here.  Wildcard needs to figure out how to program or find people who can.  Enough of the amateur hour over there, time to hire some real programmers.

7 hours ago, SLlCK said:

We have done this mission 100 times plus in the past week and it is 100% impossible to do even on gamma.  After overcoming the 100% garbage controls, (whoever designed them should be fired) we have been able to make it to the end of the ridiculously long and over complicated mission (whoever designed that should also be fired) just to make it to what we assume is the ending,  just to have the game crash for at least one, if not multiple people.  The game says it's 1-5 people, but only 4 can join, makes sense right? And I will guarantee it if all of the 4 people make it to the end at least 2 will have the game crash, it has happened every single time so far.  And the lucky ones that don't have the game crash will be killed and have to respawn only to find their body a half a mile from the game hub and underground.   we are all playing on the ps4 version on ps5s, so there isn't much more upgrading of hardware we can do here.  Wildcard needs to figure out how to program or find people who can.  Enough of the amateur hour over there, time to hire some real programmers.

Well, if you are talking about star dolphin as I said I have gotten almost to the end solo Alpha on official xbox server with an xbos series x. Maybe what we are experiencing is different based on the platform but I dont see how this could possibly be considered 100% impossible. And besides my progress on alpha which I admit it is very hard, I have solo'd gamma twice and beta once already. In fact after trying to do gamma multiple times with a tribemate I realized that since my ally wasnt that skilled at it and the fact that the amount of points needed increased with the amount of people that it would be easier just doing it solo. This logic only really applied to gamma/beta tho cause alpha asks much more of you to the point that 2 people is definitely an advantage.

Never really had an issue with crashing any more than the usual server crash and rollback every so often(happens WAY to often on gen2 btw) or regular server save lag. There are times where it just wont let me fire for an unforgivable amount of time but it fixes itself and keeps going fine(this happening at the wrong time is a run killer tho). Might have to do with the compatibility of the game on ps5 as opposed to xboxSx but I am surprised its so different.

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Archived