Just want some statistics about character and mission loss

nameless

Just want some statistics about character and mission loss  

12 members have voted

1. 1. In official PvP/ PvE non legacy clusters, have you lost character in the last 3 months?

• No, and i transfer my character more than once a day
    • No, and i transfer my character less than once a day (but i have been transferring them occasionally)
    • Yes, and i transfer my character more than once a day
    • Yes, and i transfer my character less than once a day (but i have been transferring them occasionally)
    • Yes, and I have never transferred
  2. 2. In official PvP/ PvE non legacy clusters, have you lost tekgrams or mission progress in the last 3 months?

• No, and i transfer my character more than once a day
    • No, and i transfer my character less than once a day (but i have been transferring them occasionally)
    • Yes, and i transfer my character more than once a day
    • Yes, and i transfer my character less than once a day (but i have been transferring them occasionally)
    • Yes, and I have never transferred
  3. 3. For any of the above losses, how do they happen?

• I transferred character and destination server crashed without saving, then the character/tek gram/ mission is lost.
    • I transferred character and destination server crashed after saving, then the character/tek gram/ mission is lost.
    • I transferred character between 2 gen1/gen2 genesis servers, then mission is lost.
    • I transferred character between gen1 and gen2 genesis servers, then mission is lost.
    • I just logged in on gen1/2 one day and the missions are lost
    • I just logged in on gen1/2 one day and the character/tek gram is lost

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/23/2021 at 07:56 AM

I restarted Ark after a 1.5 year break, and I have lost 2 characters in under a month. The first time was after completing the Genesis 1 boss, but it magically came back into the cloud after 2 hours. The 2nd time was when I completed the Genesis 2 boss, and this time it was gone forever. 

This is the 6th character I have lost in the few years I have been playing, I do not wish to play this game anymore as it is clear they do care to fix the issue. There is no point to anything. The assistance they provide if you write a ticket is beyond useless as well. It is, and always has been, easier to just start all over again than go through the process of 'help' they provide. 

I can't vote in the poll though for some reason, perhaps because I have a new forums account. I really hope that in Ark 2 they have a better system in place to prevent this from happening. 

3 hours ago, nameless said:

ummm.... so what would be a better way of doing it?

I'm not suggesting that you "did it wrong", per se, coming to these forums to get help and information from other players is exactly what the forums are for. I'm glad that you came to the forums and I hope that whatever information other people gave you was useful.

My only point is that it's not statistics. If you scroll up and look at Joeblow's answer he's saying the same thing I am, he just wrapped his message inside of some friendly sarcasm.

"Help" "information" "ideas" "input" "anecdotes" "stories" "personal experiences"... and so on. There are lots of ways to described what you were looking for, it's just that "statistics" isn't on the list of things that described it.

I didn't intend for this to be a multi-message exchange, honestly the point I was making was a small one. Maybe next time I should try to wrap it inside of a joke like Joe did. Hopefully this hasn't ultimately derailed your thread and other people will give you some more answers that will be useful to you.

Good luck and happy ARK'ing.

On 7/23/2021 at 6:25 AM, LockedFor14Minutes said:

I restarted Ark after a 1.5 year break, and I have lost 2 characters in under a month. The first time was after completing the Genesis 1 boss, but it magically came back into the cloud after 2 hours. The 2nd time was when I completed the Genesis 2 boss, and this time it was gone forever. 

This is the 6th character I have lost in the few years I have been playing, I do not wish to play this game anymore as it is clear they do care to fix the issue. There is no point to anything. The assistance they provide if you write a ticket is beyond useless as well. It is, and always has been, easier to just start all over again than go through the process of 'help' they provide. 

I can't vote in the poll though for some reason, perhaps because I have a new forums account. I really hope that in Ark 2 they have a better system in place to prevent this from happening. 

the process of 'help' they provide is to encorage you to quit the game and doing so no more tickets to copy/paste a reply so they dont waste more time doing it, they already got your money so why wast time to help you?

I transfer a couple of times a week, not lost a char or progress/engrams for a couple of years, but I'm careful about when I transfer, so try not to during events or when the target server's busy. Lost stuff to other bugs though, e.g. last week lost one of my best Doeds to anti-mesh when I went to pick it up with an Argy on ext.

Archived