Dossier Typos

GregoPeck

I've been reading the wiki and I noticed a some typos in some dossiers. I checked the image of the dossiers and noticed that the typo is there. In the Kaprosuchus dossier, the typos i's at the start of the second paragraph in the bottom left hand corner of the dossier which reads: "Secondly, its attacks the prey's vital areas specifically to drain its stamina." I think that first "its" is supposed to be "it." So, it would read: "Secondly, it attacks the prey's vital areas specifically to drain its stamina."

The Morellatops dossier has a typo in the second sentence. It reads: "On top of that, it has developed to ability to store water in its humps like a camel." The part is the "developed to ability" and I believe it should be "developed the ability." I think that's what was meant.

I found another on the Scout manual, which I noticed is in-game as well (so the wiki is verbatim). It's with the second sentence that reads: "Though many of them can be found monitoring the empty streets the abandoned city..." I'm sure that instead of "the empty streets the abandoned city" it there should be an "of" between "streets" and "the" so it'd read: "the empty streets of the abandoned city..."

I know it's minor, but I seem to have an eye for these things, which is why I signed up to help edit the wiki to fix these kinds of errors. I know none of us are perfect, I definitely make mistakes, too.

• GregoPeck changed the title to Dossier Typos

From a lore point of view, the dossiers were handwritten by Helena, so it makes sense that she did a few mistakes here and there, even typos. That's why also there are sometimes discrepancies between her observations and the "reality" in-game. For example, she thought that the Diplocaulus is piscivore while in fact it's carnivore. There are several examples of such differences. As alex4401 explained, the wiki transcribes exactly the dossiers, and it has this disclaimer on each creature's page (under "Basic info") :

This section is intended to be an exact copy of what the survivor Helena Walker, the author of the dossiers, has written. There may be some discrepancies between this text and the in-game creature.

On 8/6/2021 at 11:06 AM, alex4401 said:

While the typos are indeed a problem, the dossier transcripts on wiki are sourced from in-game subtitles and should stay intact, with the typos.

Yeah, I know and I agree, that is why if I found a typo in the real dossier, I didn't change it on the wiki.

15 hours ago, Elgar said:

From a lore point of view, the dossiers were handwritten by Helena, so it makes sense that she did a few mistakes here and there, even typos. That's why also there are sometimes discrepancies between her observations and the "reality" in-game. For example, she thought that the Diplocaulus is piscivore while in fact it's carnivore. There are several examples of such differences. As alex4401 explained, the wiki transcribes exactly the dossiers, and it has this disclaimer on each creature's page (under "Basic info") :

That can make sense. You're right, too, I know there are discrepancies between what the dossier says and how something really behaves. Many wiki entries point this out.

Archived