malloc: invalid next size (unsorted)

Hey there, I'm new to using the ark dedicated server software, though I have used steamcmd before. I have installed both on one of my hard drives running arch linux and have gotten the server to run once. Since shutting the server down though, I have been unable to get it to start once more as I get an error message each time I attempt to start the server either through a systemctl service, shell script, or directly through a terminal window.
What I have been seeing as of late is this:

home/archibanez/steam/arkse/ShooterGame/Binaries/Linux/ShooterGameServer TheIsland?listen?SessionName=SpeakSoftlyIsland -server
Shutdown handler: initalize.
Using binned.
4.5.1-0+UE4 7038 3077 404 10
malloc(): invalid next size (unsorted)
Aborted (core dumped)

Let me know if you need any more information whether it be how I have configured things or if there are particular logs you might need to look at. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Volunteer Moderator
On 7/20/2021 at 3:41 AM, warezibanez said:

and have gotten the server to run once. Since shutting the server down though, I have been unable to get it to start

If you managed to launch it once and didn't change anything since then my first guess would be that something that was saved to disk is corrupted. Try to delete and/or rename your Saved directory and see how it goes.

On 8/12/2021 at 2:18 AM, invincibleqc said:

If you managed to launch it once and didn't change anything since then my first guess would be that something that was saved to disk is corrupted. Try to delete and/or rename your Saved directory and see how it goes.

Thanks for the response.
I ran steamcmd to update the ark server to the latest version, renamed the Saved directory under ShooterGame to oldSaved, then ran my shell script to no avail.

arkse-terminal.png

arkse-sgdir

Archived