Abb review

Blackmagic9000

Hello you fellow bola scurb lords, today i will list the pros and cons, as well as some other things, if you feel i left something out let me know!

Pros

1: arguably the best map for metal, especially Polly

2: no flyers

3: some decent base spots,  shadow is completely titan proof

4: good overall map for resources like wood, metal etc

5: very easy to get late game items like bio, surface has okay loot...best for xmis loot?

Cons

1: no flyers, be warned a desert titan can still be used

2: abb by itself with no gachas is the worst map to farm element in a short amount of time

3: (as of this post) the meshing on this map is perhaps just as worst, making your dream base a nightmare, you can have a mesh base and never be "found"

4: the map will punish you harshly for mistakes or poor gear, the rad zone can support very few dinos

5: dino restrictions for some

as an abb main player, i can tell you the reason i love it is for the NON flyer thing, actually allow some exploration, and discover fully the map, while most main rag player, while knowing the "principal" location would have a hard time telling you in detail where is what, anyway

i agree with the element thing, and new look must be taken for this map regarding this issue !

for the dino restriction i disagree, its a great thing ! in ark ppl swear now by 2 thing for pvp, managarmr, and giga !! (sadly managarmr can come in abb ...) and thankfully not giga ! with preventing giga, you can sometime see some great megalo/reaper, or more rare but happen sometime drake (ofc when a managarmr isnt used which is nearly everytime ...), and its refreshing tbh ;)

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/25/2021 at 9:06 PM, anguelwyvern said:

... for the dino restriction i disagree, its a great thing ! in ark ppl swear now by 2 thing for pvp, managarmr, and giga !! (sadly managarmr can come in abb ...) ...

100% agree with the mana comment, I never understood why they allowed them to be able to transfer to Ab

• 2 weeks later...

I have to say, this map is beautiful and really makes you invested in its design. You start in the green zone while exploring the world. Maybe you find a cave of metal, suddenly you’re attacked by monsters from the ground. You realize they avoid the light of your pet you happened to grab. Now you know light pets are essential.

You eventually need to find the blue area to get blue gems for a radiation suit, even if you don’t know what that’s for yet. You stumble into some blue mushrooms and slowly die. Now you know another benefit of the suit and to take shrooms with you.

You work your way down with your ravager using zip lines, only to find out ravagers can’t survive radiation. Now you need to test out other dinos and switch things up to keep going.

You make it to the bottom and finally you find the holy grail. A 185 drake egg. You have to EARN that egg. And once you do, the whole map changes. You can go between your bases in seconds. You can explore the surface. You can spend your time making full use of the map as you buff your equipment with no shortage of resources (except crystal, that’s always a bummer)

I don’t have a lot of experience with the other maps, but I absolutely love this one.

On 8/25/2021 at 9:07 PM, Expawesome said:

I have to say, this map is beautiful and really makes you invested in its design. You start in the green zone while exploring the world. Maybe you find a cave of metal, suddenly you’re attacked by monsters from the ground. You realize they avoid the light of your pet you happened to grab. Now you know light pets are essential.

You eventually need to find the blue area to get blue gems for a radiation suit, even if you don’t know what that’s for yet. You stumble into some blue mushrooms and slowly die. Now you know another benefit of the suit and to take shrooms with you.

You work your way down with your ravager using zip lines, only to find out ravagers can’t survive radiation. Now you need to test out other dinos and switch things up to keep going.

You make it to the bottom and finally you find the holy grail. A 185 drake egg. You have to EARN that egg. And once you do, the whole map changes. You can go between your bases in seconds. You can explore the surface. You can spend your time making full use of the map as you buff your equipment with no shortage of resources (except crystal, that’s always a bummer)

I don’t have a lot of experience with the other maps, but I absolutely love this one.

This definitely sounds like the ideal experience to have on Abb, which I truly want.

But on official EU crossplay server, the biggest struggle is the crashing.. , which of course upon reloading the game you in the unfortunate position of being dead and not knowing where exactly may have died (like me learning the areas itself still and last known death co-ords not showing), leaving your ridden dino in the middle of nowhere. I have sadly lost 2 drakes this way (besides my attempted recovery dinos too).

I do try and persevere however, can't let ark win the battle, got that true love-hate relationship going 

Archived