What SHOULD I do in Ark today?

LordKel

One of my favorite threads on the forum is the "what did you do in Ark today",  so I thought I'd flip it a little and see what suggestions I can get of what I should do in ark today.

About my game:  single player with a few boosts to taming and raising.  Main base is on Ragnarok with initial base on the Island.  Small satellite outposts on extinction and aberation.   I have completed all bosses on the island with the exception of the alpha tek cave/overseer.  I have completed the alpha ragnarok fight as well.   Storywise I have Rockwell and the tek cave left.  I have an element farm with tek paras, and a mated lair of element gachas.  

Tames kind of exploded after the new event,  more thylas than I know what to do with.  Even found  a tan 140 giga last night.

I always seem to find something to do, but looking for some ideas for some new projects/goals.

4 hours ago, LordKel said:

I always seem to find something to do, but looking for some ideas for some new projects/goals.

Have a day where you "create your own adventure" by riding a mount you wouldn't normally ride and take it for a long ride just to explore the area on the ground.

Every map feels really different when you explore it on the ground rather than exploring them from the air. Personally I like exploring on a thyla (since you mentioned them). They're fast, fun, good in a fight and you can climb things with them that other species can't. Lots of people like to ride rexes around the map (and obviously that's fun too) but I like doing random exploration on something that isn't so tall, it gives you a different perspective.

some ideas:
1. Learn a new build style. Perhaps a nice tree house, or a castle. Lots of youtube tutorials...

2. Tame something some way you haven't before (e.g. I always used to trap rex, but the last one I did while chasing it around the map, more challenging = more fun)

3. Have you braved the wyvern trench? If you've already done it and gotten bored, you're probably using a wyvern to go mess with the wild wyverns, try downgrading yourself back to argy/ ptera for the challenge.

On 7/19/2021 at 11:46 AM, Pipinghot said:

Have a day where you "create your own adventure" by riding a mount you wouldn't normally ride and take it for a long ride just to explore the area on the ground.

Every map feels really different when you explore it on the ground rather than exploring them from the air. Personally I like exploring on a thyla (since you mentioned them). They're fast, fun, good in a fight and you can climb things with them that other species can't. Lots of people like to ride rexes around the map (and obviously that's fun too) but I like doing random exploration on something that isn't so tall, it gives you a different perspective.

I like this too. A couple other exploration mounts I'd suggest are gallimimus and equus. Not at all comparable to the thyla for holding their own in a fight, but they are so fleet and nimble you won't need to fight.

20 hours ago, LordKel said:

A galli with points into speed is something to behold.  I had one before the great single player wipe a few months back.  Moved so fast my xbox could barely keep up.   I also have a unicorn I have bumped up to unusually high speed.   Walks faster than most mounts sprint.

A speed pumped Kangaroo is also a glorious thing. 

Archived