Spinning turbine, no power

Onimusha759

Check the current wind strength in your character's inventory, near current temperature. At less than 20% the turbine is still slowly spinning but it's not enough to power your devices. At 20% and more your devices should be powered.

A 65% zone in SE doesn't mean that there is always a 65% wind strength. According to the wiki :

This number means the amount of wind the area contains, and indicates roughly how often a turbine (or array of turbines) will produce power.

So, if the wiki is right, you should have electricity around 65% of the time.

On 7/27/2021 at 11:54 AM, Elgar said:

Check the current wind strength in your character's inventory, near current temperature. At less than 20% the turbine is still slowly spinning but it's not enough to power your devices. At 20% and more your devices should be powered.

A 65% zone in SE doesn't mean that there is always a 65% wind strength. According to the wiki :

So, if the wiki is right, you should have electricity around 65% of the time.

Thx, i never monkeyed with the turbines before.  I figured they stopped spinning, thx for clearing that up for me.

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/19/2021 at 1:11 AM, Onimusha759 said:

So is it normal for a turbine to spin and not produce any power?  It is snapped properly to the system and even powered the system for about 15min.  Now its spinning but not giving power...Im in a 65% zone on SE.  I thought they stopped spinning when they didn't produce power.

Would highly recommend that you connect your turbine to a generator and you can set it to automatic, this will then kick in when there isn't enough power produced from the turbine, till the wind picks up. FYI any desert biome has 100% wind all the time, then infinite power

14 hours ago, Zeptium said:

Would highly recommend that you connect your turbine to a generator and you can set it to automatic, this will then kick in when there isn't enough power produced from the turbine, till the wind picks up. FYI any desert biome has 100% wind all the time, then infinite power

I already have it set to auto power on when no power is being supplied by the turbine.  Sadly theres no auto kick back off when there is power supplied.  And ya i kno theres 100% wind in the dunes, i just prefer to live in da canyon.  Less heat, actual water supply, no deathworms camping outside my house, no acid insects or mantis roaming into my yard, plants i can harvest nearby for fiber or berries...I mean its kinda hard not to like the canyon(Certain areas at least.  I Know some spots are highly annoying).  Thx for trying to help tho

Archived