No ps4 news since release news

eirik1993

• Volunteer Moderator
17 minutes ago, eirik1993 said:

Hi! 2 months to go for us ps4players. 

I'm checking in now and then to see more information about the game, features (such as splitscreen), ++, but I can't find any updates anywhere. 

Is there none or am I a fool?

I don't believe there's been any further updates on the PS4 SOTF release beyond the initial announcement. Although, besides splitscreen as you mentioned it, i'm not quite sure what other details you are looking for.

• 2 weeks later...

PS4 is very expensive to bring games to.  Besides Sony getting a 30% cut, there's also the PSN expenses and the cost to even port a game to PS4.    SOTF is still confirmed for July 19, and Survival Evolved is scheduled to holiday season for a multiplatform launch.  

based on a interview that says they haven't decided on the price yet, could mean that it will cost a certain amount of money on PS4.  It is actually fair to do so, especially when Wildcard deserves payment for bringing it to PS4.  Even ARK SE was not free on Xbox One, and SOTF is a standalone game.  it's free on PC because PC is an open market and costs next to nothing to make SOTF available on PC.   So Wildcard can afford to be generous in that case.    

It's very likely SOTF will cost a certain amount, but it would be well worth it.  Despite having almost no content, overwatch sold over 7 million worldwide, and Wildcard after the lawsuit and settlement, can't afford to give away ARK games for free on PS4 when they have to turn a profit. 

ARK SE and SOTF are worth more than entire generations of videogames combined.  $60 would be a fair price in my opinion, considering there are games that offer less that get away with selling for that much (street fighter v.)  So expect ARK SOTF to cost $60 if not less.  I think a lot of people are greatly underestimating the gameplay and replay value of ARK SOTF, and valuable innovative MOSA genre only ARK SOTF possesses and pioneers.  By even PC standards, ARK SOTF is revolutionary and the new ideal genre for hardcore survival fans, whether they like PVE or PVP, PS4 is getting single player offline, so you can sort of PVE it without other players.  

On 4.6.2016 at 10:49 PM, successxx said:

PS4 is very expensive to bring games to.  Besides Sony getting a 30% cut, there's also the PSN expenses and the cost to even port a game to PS4.    SOTF is still confirmed for July 19, and Survival Evolved is scheduled to holiday season for a multiplatform launch.  

based on a interview that says they haven't decided on the price yet, could mean that it will cost a certain amount of money on PS4.  It is actually fair to do so, especially when Wildcard deserves payment for bringing it to PS4.  Even ARK SE was not free on Xbox One, and SOTF is a standalone game.  it's free on PC because PC is an open market and costs next to nothing to make SOTF available on PC.   So Wildcard can afford to be generous in that case.    

It's very likely SOTF will cost a certain amount, but it would be well worth it.  Despite having almost no content, overwatch sold over 7 million worldwide, and Wildcard after the lawsuit and settlement, can't afford to give away ARK games for free on PS4 when they have to turn a profit. 

ARK SE and SOTF are worth more than entire generations of videogames combined.  $60 would be a fair price in my opinion, considering there are games that offer less that get away with selling for that much (street fighter v.)  So expect ARK SOTF to cost $60 if not less.  I think a lot of people are greatly underestimating the gameplay and replay value of ARK SOTF, and valuable innovative MOSA genre only ARK SOTF possesses and pioneers.  By even PC standards, ARK SOTF is revolutionary and the new ideal genre for hardcore survival fans, whether they like PVE or PVP, PS4 is getting single player offline, so you can sort of PVE it without other players.  

Thanks for information friend. :)

You've read more bout split screen when it releases to the ps4?

That is great news!!   It is wonderful that Wildcard really are aware of the millions that will watch E3, and how much more attention and interest can be guided towards ARK, especially on PS4, the market with the highest potential for ARK SOTF and ARK SE success, especially for a platform that has nothing exactly like these games and dominating the modern console market.

It sounds like some of the E3 ARK news could be PS4 ARK SOTF related.  it is said to release in July 19 after all.  Might as well get the momentum warmed up and sizzling all the way to release,  because they sure would want ARK SOTF to be the best selling and most popular PS4 game of the summer and beyond.  

It can definitely swipe Overwatch's thunder with the massive features, hardcore qualities, social qualities, customization and depth ARK SOTF has, plus with things like offline single player and splitscreen,  it can definitely become a massive success and new massively requested genre and franchise on consoles, which can inspire more developers to bring out more of the potential of this genre in variety of different flavors and themes, with ARK SOTF at the top.

• Volunteer Moderator
11 minutes ago, successxx said:

That is great news!!   It is wonderful that Wildcard really are aware of the millions that will watch E3, and how much more attention and interest can be guided towards ARK, especially on PS4, the market with the highest potential for ARK SOTF and ARK SE success, especially for a platform that has nothing exactly like these games and dominating the modern console market.

It sounds like some of the E3 ARK news could be PS4 ARK SOTF related.  it is said to release in July 19 after all.  Might as well get the momentum warmed up and sizzling all the way to release,  because they sure would want ARK SOTF to be the best selling and most popular PS4 game of the summer and beyond.  

It can definitely swipe Overwatch's thunder with the massive features, hardcore qualities, social qualities, customization and depth ARK SOTF has, plus with things like offline single player and splitscreen,  it can definitely become a massive success and new massively requested genre and franchise on consoles, which can inspire more developers to bring out more of the potential of this genre in variety of different flavors and themes, with ARK SOTF at the top.

You were probably referring to SE when you mentioned offline single player and splitscreen, but just in case you weren't, SOTF doesn't have those.

13 hours ago, GamerPerfection said:

You were probably referring to SE when you mentioned offline single player and splitscreen, but just in case you weren't, SOTF doesn't have those.

I've read the devs hinting about splitscreen for SOTF, both ofline and online. I thought that was settled... Me and my friend are buying this to play splitscreen online :D 

• Volunteer Moderator
24 minutes ago, eirik1993 said:

I've read the devs hinting about splitscreen for SOTF, both ofline and online. I thought that was settled... Me and my friend are buying this to play splitscreen online :D 

Oh I have no idea, i've not heard of it mentioned. I'm just not sure how offline would work on SOTF when it's really a multiplayer only game. But I may have missed some chatter somewhere. :) 

7 hours ago, GamerPerfection said:

Oh I have no idea, i've not heard of it mentioned. I'm just not sure how offline would work on SOTF when it's really a multiplayer only game. But I may have missed some chatter somewhere. :) 

this blog is proof they said offline play for ARK SOTF on PS4 

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/04/21/ark-survival-of-the-fittest-coming-to-ps4-on-july-19/

even if there are no bots, ARK SOTF in offline single player can be enjoyed in lots of ways depending on the settings and options available.  

Like for example, if offline has options to turn off the timer (dome doesn't reduce in size), then that means a player can enjoy surviving in the world PVE style as long as they want, hardcore style, fighting and taming wildlife, and there would still be Evolution Events and random supply drops and day/night cycles to keep things interesting.  at the sametime, the offline for online players can be used as practice to learn the crafting and taming systems at their own pace.  as well as explore map.  

ARK SOTF can be much more than pvp and it is great they are planning offline single player.  now based on the options and freedom, they can really provide double the incentives for more players to buy ARK.      and it doesn't need a story campaign, being able to play ARK SOTF offline is better than any single player sandbox and single player out there with its hardcore survival gameplay, awesome map, wildlife, immersive elements, evolution events, and more.  

and if they add options for a.i. driven rival tribes to simulate 72 player competitions (FFA, 2v2 and 4v4 offline against bots and teamed up with bots)  that would be a huge plus that would be fun for a lot of players, including those that may not have online access all the time, and offline options/modes keeps the game played even when servers have maintanence or when someone is having ISP issues.  

a "multiplayer only" game should still be playable offline, with or without bots.  ARK SOTF already has a living breathing world filled with survival elements, things to fight and things to build.   they could even add a offline mode where it's like a hardcore survival challenge that measures how long you can survive in the map.   and the wildlife levels up and get harder and aggressive the longer player survives.   ARK SOTF can mean a lot more to more people providing offline play with open play mode without timer, 72p pvp simulation mode with bots, survival challenge mode, and more.   but especially the first two mode concepts can make ARK SOTF timeless and still played generations later just like single player chess, shooters with offline bots, and other things.    ARK SOTF can provide offline open survival single player style that even ARK SE doesn't provide.   

• Volunteer Moderator
6 minutes ago, successxx said:

this blog is proof they said offline play for ARK SOTF on PS4 

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/04/21/ark-survival-of-the-fittest-coming-to-ps4-on-july-19/ 

Thanks, I hadn't seen that article before. People asking about PS4 might want to read the update at the top of that article.

23 minutes ago, GamerPerfection said:

Thanks, I hadn't seen that article before. People asking about PS4 might want to read the update at the top of that article.

now this is baffling.   so basically no ARK for PS4 this summer.  aaaaaaaaah.    Why would they try to make ARK SE come sooner to PS4?   Yes we know the ignorant majority are dismissing SOTF without seeing its true value and longer replay value potential for PVP, but just because a lot of PS4 gamers are requesting ARK SE, is no reason to rush ARK SE port when ARK SE is already confirmed for holiday season launch.    The developers already said that ARK SE is launching in holiday season, with its content finalized, so why would they try to bring ARK SE sooner?  that means less content and lesser first impressions compared to if they launch it at the sametime alongside PC and Xbox One with the full content version they are planning.

On the plus side, this could get ARK SE more open PS4 player testing before the holiday launch, so the developers can improve the PS4 version and make the official launch better, so yes just as early access has helped ARK on PC and Xbox One, I understand it, but why sacrifice ARK SOTF?    What does this mean for SOTF?   Maybe May's tournament made them feel SOTF is not ready?    but still considering PC fans are obsessed with ARK SOTF for months and months, it could still be successful on PS4, and can grow and improve the sooner it's available on PS4.    well maybe they hit some speedbumps during the PS4 beta test.  

but this is very strange.   trying to get ARK SE on PS4 sooner just is bizarre.  Sony is strict with game policies when it comes to feature complete games compared to early access games.    Are the devs going to attempt to force Sony's hand, or what is the intent to bring ARK SE sooner, does that mean it can be Sony approved and reach a quality that is accepted on PSN?   

I don't know, if they are actually going to make ARK SE come to PS4 sooner, then I think it could come as late as August but I don't think the devs want to risk daybreak having bragging rights of being the first Survival MMO on PS4 (KOTK still counts as survival mmo even though its battle royale. and it is ARK SOTF's #1 rival.).   I think the devs already have a golden opportunity to bring ARK SOTF to July, but now, who knows what this means.    ARK SOTF definitely looks waaaay more polished and feature complete compared to ARK SE.    I dunno why they can't release ARK SOTF in July, and do whatever they are planning with ARK SE, saving it for the multiplatform full launch in 4th Quarter.   Well this news really seems to really mess up this summer for PS4 survival fans. 

18 hours ago, eirik1993 said:

Im so disappointed with the developers because og the delay :(

ARK SE coming sooner might make up for it,  but it really is strange they would just remove ARK SOTF from july 19 like that.  wasn't it releasing that day for PS4 to help test and improve the game before it comes to Xbox One also?      I mean that's like if they delayed Xbox One release of ARK SE to make ARK SOTF come sooner for them or something.

I don't think ARK SE is coming sooner than October for PS4, or november.  but who knows, they seem to be porting ARK SE to PS4 at the sametime as ARK SOTF.    but I don't know why they would pull ARK SOTF from the release.  July is a great month to release it.  all the May releases are already dropping in hype.     the devs were in the perfect position to release ARK SOTF on PS4 before NMS.   It just seems really crazy,  I mean were they that affected by the players that only care about ARK SE?    you know ARK SOTF can be a sleeper hit on PS4, but saving it for later is going to attract less attention as the rival multiplayer games release 4th Quarter.       

July is a desert for game releases, and ARK SOTF could have been its oasis 

2 hours ago, Lewiatan said:

Paying 40 mln dollars for own mistakes may have slowed development down. I start to belive that SOTF does not have its own development team, owing to the fact there was no serious update for SOFT for very long time.

owwie.  but the settlement was like months before the July 19 announcement.   well maybe now they are starting to feel the financial hit.   this shouldn't delay things too long.   I would think they would try to get SOTF out in July sooner so they can make a profit sooner.   there are games that launched kind of broken (Dead Island, Fallout 4, etc.) and they got patched later and its fans forgave the developers.   

well yea it's nice they don't want to rush things,  but now switching priority to bringing ARK SE to PS4,  I wonder if they are allocating their PS4 developing team to 100% ARK SE now for PS4.   well maybe it releases sooner, but I dunno with Sony policy, not sure how they would feel about ARK SE releasing on PS4 as is, then later getting an official launch in 4th quarter 2016.    maybe they are trying for Sony to make an early access exception like they did with some other game? 

also where are the E3 announcements? they said there was one sunday and twitter and facebook have nothing up, nothing on their ARK SE youtube channel either.  maybe today there's a PS4 related reveal?  maybe even a ARK SE release date for PS4?  though ARK SOTF shouldn't be pushed too back, but it sounds like ARK SOTF isn't coming until 2017.  but at least ARK SE in 2016 could make up for it a little, but in a lot of ways I'm more hyped for ARK SOTF, but I do find that ARK SE has its values too.  

• Volunteer Moderator
21 minutes ago, successxx said:

also where are the E3 announcements? they said there was one sunday and twitter and facebook have nothing up, nothing on their ARK SE youtube channel either.  maybe today there's a PS4 related reveal?  maybe even a ARK SE release date for PS4?  though ARK SOTF shouldn't be pushed too back, but it sounds like ARK SOTF isn't coming until 2017.  but at least ARK SE in 2016 could make up for it a little, but in a lot of ways I'm more hyped for ARK SOTF, but I do find that ARK SE has its values too.  

They never said there was one on Sunday. The ARK E3 talk will be today at 11:30AM PDT (14:30 EST, 18:30 GMT)

https://www.twitch.tv/pcgamer

doesn't seem like any PS4 ARK news at E3.   guess it's up in the air how soon  ARK SE is coming to PS4, if they really are releasing it sooner than planned, but at the very least, ARK SE should be on schedule to be playable on PS4 no later than december 2016.  though who knows with their scheduling plans.   maybe microsoft paid for extended ARK exclusivity on console?   well it would help them fund more projects receiving money, and ARK would still come to PS4 eventually overall.     maybe they would have more money if they didn't throw thousands away on ARK SOTF tournaments when it's not even a mainstream esport at this time. plus not sure how ARK profits from cash prize tournaments, they are generous, but can the devs really afford it without harming the budget for PS4 ports? 

Archived