Community Crunch 276: Creature Submission Voting, Enforcement Update, and More!

StudioWildcard

summerbash.png

E53t0eEUUAArnri.jpg

The Summer Bash event is winding down!  Be sure to capitalize on all the fun in the sun before the event ends on July 21st!

creaturesubmissionlarge.png

Ark_Lost_Island_Logo_V5.jpg

You have until July 23rd to get all of your ideas in!  After July 23rd, we'll round up the most liked 10 creatures and set up a poll for voting on the forums. Click here to check out the guidelines and learn how to participate!

giveaway.png

image (3).jpg

If you're looking for an opportunity to cash out on ARK Summer Bash loot, look no further.  Next week we'll be drawing winners for our giveaway tweet!  Reply on the tweet with your favorite Summer Bash picture or video for a chance to win.  Keep your eyes peeled on Twitter and Discord for more opportunities for some sweet Summer Bash loot.

enforcement.png

With our Genesis II map going live only recently, along with bug fixes and balance passes, we are also heavily iterating on level design as players help us find locations that were unintended as build zones that may give players building in them an unfair advantage. We have recently fixed many of these locations (including some on other maps) and more will be addressed in future updates. When building, please refer to the CoC. A good general rule of thumb is: If you need to use a pelagornis, a zipline etc to enter a location, if you can see odd textures -- basically through the mesh, you shouldn't build there and the location should be reported so we can get it fixed. Ditto for building on world barriers as outlined in the CoC. If in doubt, please submit a ticket to enforcement for clarification on a specific spot if you feel it's borderline and you aren't sure. 

devwipes.png

In the past, we would announce when servers were coming down for enforcement investigation in relation to potential tribe wipes. This was primarily intended as advance notice of servers being temporarily offline but we realize that some of the community found value in seeing our enforcement team take action on entire tribes for severe cases of breaking the Code of Conduct. Due to some technical improvements, we no longer need to take servers down so that enforcement can wipe tribes but we understand that this type of transparency is desirable to the community so we will be sharing a spreadsheet of enforcement action resulting in tribe wipes that will be updated at regular intervals.

If you are interested in seeing which naughty tribes were bopped by enforcement, you may want to bookmark this 😉

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0L8vd1uz9ONp5QkvLGwJDfFBuUkUUwAy-QRFnRzvUY/edit?usp=sharing

evo.png

Ark_Evolution_Event_minimized.thumb.png.2d282a169df9bbbd0ba09a90303a7cec.png

An ARK: EVOLUTION EVENT is active on all platforms until 7/21 as part of the Summer Bash event!  

Note that these bonuses are multiplicative of the game's standard 1x rates. 

• Official Servers: 3x XP, Harvesting, Taming, and Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval, 1.5x Hexagon Bonus
  • Small Tribe Servers: 4.5x XP, 4.5x Harvesting, 4.5x Taming, and 4x Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval, 1.5x Hexagon Bonus
  • ARKPocalypse: 5x XP, 5x Harvesting, 5x Taming, and 5x Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval, 1.5x Hexagon Bonus
  • Conquest: 4.5x XP, 4.5x Harvesting, 4.5x Taming, and 4x Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval, 1.5x Hexagon Bonus

communitycorner.png

clipsvideos.png

Creator:Ark Tested

ARK Tested really tests the limits of tiny-house living in this example of building with a compact footprint in mind.

Creator: NaturalCauzes

You think you know everything about the TEK suit, but do you?

fanart_2.png

vaalbaracreeps - Yutyrannus

dendxa5-98412af8-c9dc-4225-999a-c78b40e43aea.jpg

@Snudoo1  - Summer Bash Parasaur

E6XmVfwWYAAoCEQ.jpg

@WolfTek7- @WanchanPlay Survivor

E5_JQp8XMAETHoB.jpg

@Ares33909104 - Dilo (Discord)

Dilo.jpg

Whitlynx#2923 (Discord)

ark_last.jpg

MayaPatch#8071 - X-Mosasaur (Discord)

MoasasauroX.jpg

screen.png

@koharu_SD

E6Fuf3AUcAMIKoO.jpg

Fierro#0106

unknownabb.jpg

@sarrisrainbows

E6V3zK-VkAcVs9w.jpg

@YoutubeGingie

E6T19klXsAIl43w.jpg

otherart.png

@RaeVan87

E6SBXddVkAMoD_N.jpg

See you next week!
Studio Wildcard

Twitter: twitter.com/survivetheark
Discord: discord.com/invite/playark
Reddit: reddit.com/r/playark
Instagram: instagram.com/survivetheark
Twitch: twitch.tv/survivetheark
Steam: steamcommunity.com/app/346110
Youtube: youtube.com/survivetheark
Facebook: facebook.com/survivetheark

View full article

You should have given us the option to create a rare or higher rarity chibi for a slightly higher resource cost. There are far too many common-rarity chibis for the old method to work anymore; it takes far too many resources before even one rare chibi appears. The drop rates are far too low on the higher tier ones now

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Seruum said:

are hex on gen1 going to stay at what there are? would like to see them return to normal once gen2 servers open for transfers to encourage people to do the missions.

I have noticed that and brought this up on the past couple community crunch’s but haven’t got an answer yet but I agree they need to go back to normal

Thank you wildcard all your event done for me is crash the server every 10 minutes on gen 2 ,Complained everyday but like always you do nothing but promote more maps and fake propaganda that this event is fun , Will even be more fun when the taming rates are back to normal so we can tame dino's for hours again .What a fun game this is.

• Facepalm 2

10 hours ago, Twist83 said:

How about adding a item to the hex store for using towards mission completion of your choice? Ex.. 1mil hex for gamma... 2mil for beta... and 5mil for alpha...

god this would be so useful, as someone  who plays single player there were quite a few missions that i had to force complete, because of time constraints OP creatures etc

You guys (wildcard) never listen to us... even tho you won't listen i will tell you what things should be changed in ark: - Enable tranffering of Tribute items and let players carry 300 slot of artifacts. - reduce the amount of tributes needed for boss fights like center by half, for example on center instead of needing 25 tribute of each specie, should be 10 or max 15 tribute items of each species for boss fight. increase the amount of element dust per gacha crystal from 180 to 360 dust per crystal and increase with multiplier rates. - make stryder charge 10 batteries at a time, and fix the problem with stryder not chargin batteries when players aren't rendering the area. create a way to convert organic polymer into raw polymer, create a way to convert elements and shards into element dust but the same amount without losing elements for example: if you have 300 raw elements on gen1 and gen2 ,  make it able for players to convert the exact amount of elements and shards into dust, and 500 dust should give one element instead of 1000

• Wildcard Community
7 hours ago, MayaPatch said:

Lol, Sorry to tag you @StudioWildcard

The Author of the X Mosa is me xD you put the wrong name on it 😛

The right name is MayaPatch#8071 😅 luckily I started to put a mark on my works but is possible to fix it anyway? It's a bit weird 🤣

Sorry about that!  All good now!

• Thanks 1

First off, thank you for getting the servers mostly sorted out, and extending the event so we could all play and enjoy the event rates after the fiasco that was the first week of the event.  Server disconnects, the lag was just down right inhumane.  I mean it is ark so we should all be used to the lag but there’s normal lag and then the “screw this I’m done playing for the day” lag.  Thank you for getting that figured out, NOW no more dropping an event before a long weekend without making sure everything is nice and happy!

Some thoughts:

Could those of us who have the genesis seasons pass be able to utilize HLNA on other maps like the center, rag, CI?  I haven’t tried it on paid expansions so I dunno if it works the same but the best feature of it is the ability to scan wild creatures, and it would be super nice to have that tool in the toolbox on other maps as well.  Or at least give us an upgrade to the spyglass.

Next thought is, could the difficulty of the missions on gen 2 be proportional to the amount of players in the mission.  Now I’m not saying nerf the missions into oblivion, because the challenge is fun but some don’t seem to be doable solo.

The next is, can we get a revisit into the supply drops on other maps?  Everyone that has gen 2 loves the supply drops, me included.  It’s a part of the game which I thoroughly enjoyed when I started playing but over the last 4 years and different maps, the drops flat out suck!  Not even really worth stopping for red drops on other maps anymore.  You had to have known that one was coming the way the drops are on gen.  Again the drops on other maps do not have to be as good as gen 2 but are in serious need of some love.

Last but not least, possibly add a spawn point to the green zone for gachas on gen 2?  They’re current spawn location gets them killed faster than you can locate and tame them, kind of a pain.

Thanks wildcard, let’s let ARK 1 play out for a couple years before ARK II gets released, ARK 1 still has a lot on the table yet.

• Like 1

So with this new end game map comes another 25 levels which allows you to get to level 180, currently I am running my main character at 160 on official pve, so I decided to do the option for 10 more levels by doing the Exp Notes Ive gotten 90% done so far and only Gen2 and a few on Gen1 left to do, as I was completing Ext map Diana Notes I came across a Glitch where 1 note number 21 can not be opened as is is stuck behind a Rock the lat and longs are 22.1 38.go to 5min 10 sec Ninjakiller560 All Diana Explorer note locations on Extinction in Ark Survival Evolved  youtube video he flagged this on Nov 14, 2018 so nearly 3 years on Wildcard hasn't fixed this. So my question is how does one get the achievement of all Exp note on all maps when one is stuck behind a rock ? I have flagged this with the bug team but I do not have much faith as playing this game for some time now and often reported issues which never seem to be resolved. Does anyone have any ideas how I might get this note it has taken me over 3 weeks to get to this point and as you can imagine to come across this is not pleasant.

56 minutes ago, MayaPatch said:

Awww thank you for the fast response :Jerblove:

Hey there happy Sunday, Gen2 comes with 25 more levels 5 for each boss fight and 10 for all exp notes. I what to bring to your attention Exp note on extinction map Diana number 21 at location 22 38.7 is stuck behind a rock and can not be accessed. I have completed over 90% of the notes today and now I come across this, this means no one can progress on official servers to reach max level I am wondering if you can fix this as this is blocking every ones progress, if you search youtube video by Ninjakiller560 Diana note on extinction and go to 5min 10 sec in he shows you this Glitch and whats freighting is he flagged this Nov 2018 and it is still not resolved. I am currently running my main character on Pve official at level 160 and I was hoping to use the x3 to get more exp to get more levels once i completed the EXp note hunt but this 1 exp note has no halted my progress Please fix this issue many thanks.