Duped Loot

Uzo

16 hours ago, Uzo said:

So I've always wondered if having duped loot is bannable/Dev Wipeable. Obviously duping the loot yourself is but what if you raid a base and get a bunch of duped tek structures and stuff, Is it bannable to keep it?

How would you know if it's duped?

Smart answer is: If you know it's duped, don't take it.

On 7/16/2021 at 8:48 AM, Uzo said:

So I've always wondered if having duped loot is bannable/Dev Wipeable. Obviously duping the loot yourself is but what if you raid a base and get a bunch of duped tek structures and stuff, Is it bannable to keep it?

I don't think they ever implemented e.g. having a hidden unique id number on each and every in game item <- as was suggested multiple times in discussions begging them to do something about duping. Cause if they did they could have just had a function where the server checks every number against every other number (idk if that is an enormous calculation time?) and simply removed every duplicated id. Or less calculations, every time something suspicious happens like a transfer, check ids. Alternatively and also less calculations, every once and a while  do a sort of lottery, and the lucky items get checked against each other. Anyways with out such a system Idk how they would look at a persons inventory and say hey this guys tek ceiling is the same as this other tek ceiling, BAN HIM! And with such a system there'd be no reason to ban anyone. They'd just have prevented duping so there'd be nobody with duped items to ban. Thus the only people being banned are because they have ridiculous quantities of items, and get reported a lot.

On 7/17/2021 at 6:40 AM, wizard03 said:

If you get something that is suspicious {500k mutagen for example} then leave it alone. If its something a bit more legit looking, then you should be good.

You're sort of missing the point of the question. There's a difference between suspecting or wondering whether something might be duped vs. knowing it's duped. Look at the example they gave, "but what if you raid a base and get a bunch of duped tek structures and stuff". Does the OP believe that the simple fact of finding "a bunch" of tek structures is sufficient for concluding that they're duped, do they feel that any large amount of loot that's difficult to acquire makes duping self-evident, or does the OP have some other set of criteria that they use to arrive at this conclusion?

People make accusations all the time (both in game and on the forums) and most of those accusations are based on nothing more than a feeling, so I was trying to find out if the OP uses some thought process other than, "it feels like too much" to arrive at the assessment that something is duped.

Archived