exessive downloadsize on latest patch (keeps on rising)

HenryManson

hiho

the last patch (1.6GB) finished & then ARK started a 6.4GB download.......WHAT?!

whats going on here?! bug or feature?! what the.....?

edit: now 10 min later its at 9.4GB...

edit2: wow this patch is glorious.... it stopped patching after "finishing" saying: "missing download files" and after pressing "download now" on this "always keep up to date" game it starts another 1.1GB download.... well done wildcard, well done, quality product,like expected -.-

edit3:the drama continued... 4.6GB download & now after finishing this it tells me "overall downloaded 4.6GB & done"

WHY?! what was all this about?
shame i will NEVER get an official answer -.-

• HenryManson changed the title to exessive downloadsize on latest patch (keeps on rising)

It's the same for me. It started as 6.1 GB patch yesterday evening. I left it for today.

After more than one hour its status is 12.1 out of 15.3 GB downloaded and still rising...

Together with ARK not even asking if it can download (despite auto-updates being OFF), that's an absurd. This game already occupies 300+ GB on HDD, but I assume it's still not enough. 😑

If you are playing on Steam, then you have control over downloading. You are probably set to auto-download... and if you try and play the incorrect version, it will try and download. 

If you are complaining about the size of the game... well, the game is what it is. No other game has this many huge multi-level maps that HAVE to be fully downloaded to client. The only vote you have is not to play.

On 7/17/2021 at 7:44 PM, Ganelon said:

If you are complaining about the size of the game... well, the game is what it is. No other game has this many huge multi-level maps that HAVE to be fully downloaded to client. The only vote you have is not to play.

im neither complaining about the size of the game, nor the fact it has to download patches & i even get that all the dlc/maps need patching!

BUT
the fact that the game does that in this mannor is what kinda pissed me off!
why doing like 4 different "loading bars" & not tell us users(wich WC dont care about i know) what will be the overall time we need to spend on a patch.... i mean you download something for like half an hour, just so another download starts with an hour long download/install, just to start yet another bigger one & after that another small one...... makes no sense & overthrows all attemps of planning the time needed!

and the fact that @invincibleqc  or any "volunteer moderator" needs to explain details about a patch in this (wannabe)"official"forum instead of telling us in the patchnotes "we have to patch all dlc`s, be prepared for a big Download"  just shows again, how little WC gives a fudge about us........ thats whats mainly bothering me.... the non existent communication from wildcard to us PAYING customers!

• Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, HenryManson said:

and the fact that @invincibleqc  or any "volunteer moderator" needs to explain details about a patch in this (wannabe)"official"forum instead of telling us in the patchnotes "we have to patch all dlc`s, be prepared for a big Download"  

How long have you been playing this game? After 3 years, at least, you would think you would know better. You shouldn't need volunteers explaining to you how this game updates by now.

Archived