Loot in caves level required?

Hornedfrog85

• Volunteer Moderator
5 hours ago, Hornedfrog85 said:

Hi

Just wondering if you need to be a set level to get cave drops? 

Yes, though it depends on the color of the crate, just like the beacons you find above ground.

There are 4 levels of loot crates, blue, purple(I am assuming, as sometimes it looks blue to me), yellow, and red.  I don't know the exact level needed to access them, but I assume it is close or the same as the corresponding colors for the surface beacons.

Some caves will only have 1 loot crate, and others will have 2 or 3.

The central cave, for example, I have only ever seen 1 loot crate at a time(not counting the artifcat drop), and it is usually at the very bottom, sometimes in the pool of water; not the pool aroudn the artifact drop(and never swim to the bottom of that pool; NEVER).

Meanwhile a few of the S/SE caves have 2 or more loot drops, as do the swamp and ice caves.

50 minutes ago, Jerryn said:

Yes, though it depends on the color of the crate, just like the beacons you find above ground.

There are 4 levels of loot crates, blue, purple(I am assuming, as sometimes it looks blue to me), yellow, and red.  I don't know the exact level needed to access them, but I assume it is close or the same as the corresponding colors for the surface beacons.

Some caves will only have 1 loot crate, and others will have 2 or 3.

The central cave, for example, I have only ever seen 1 loot crate at a time(not counting the artifcat drop), and it is usually at the very bottom, sometimes in the pool of water; not the pool aroudn the artifact drop(and never swim to the bottom of that pool; NEVER).

Meanwhile a few of the S/SE caves have 2 or more loot drops, as do the swamp and ice caves.

Ok thanks didn't wanna start farming the center caves if i risk everything just to find i cant access it!

• Volunteer Moderator
5 minutes ago, Hornedfrog85 said:

Ok thanks didn't wanna start farming the center caves if i risk everything just to find i cant access it!

With the introduction of the centipedes in the caves, they got a little harder.  Those things can break your armor, even if you are riding something else, as I learned the hardway.

Archived