Pet Projects

Bladesong

I'm sure this thread has been made before but I didn't see one in the first 10 pages so let's do another. I have found everyone has something they like to do that isn't just making progress. Whether that is breeding certain nonmeta or meta tames, building elaborate buildings, taming, or just collect drops. Mine is breeding Direbears. What is your pet project?

I'm primarily a builder who likes to think of new building projects, to plan them (actually that's the unfun part, because it can take quite long), and most importantly to bring them to live. The best and most satisfying part about it is seeing a project completed. I'm not extraordinarily skilled like some youtubers, but still I can create some nice buildings.

Mostly I keep adding buildings and structures to my base (that I've been working on for almost 4 years on official PvE), but I also like to build things the whole server can benefit from, like bridges across gaps or rivers, public taming pens, or marked zip lines for an easier obelisk access.

6 hours ago, Bladesong said:

I'm sure this thread has been made before but I didn't see one in the first 10 pages so let's do another. I have found everyone has something they like to do that isn't just making progress. Whether that is breeding certain nonmeta or meta tames, building elaborate buildings, taming, or just collect drops. Mine is breeding Direbears. What is your pet project?

lmao, kinda all of the above mentioned.....Iv especially become interested in taming everything especially the colorful ones. Otter, snail, tappy, argy {even though I got 20 others}. So I guess you can throw that in on the pile

I've really built up my GenTwo bases. That map is a candy store!

Now I want to deconstruct my bases on The Island and Extinction.

The Extinction base is excellent, but was quite large to support breeding rexes. I don't want to abandon the server entirely, but my needs are really just for a skiff garage. So I am going to try and find some small spot in Sanctuary to park between play sessions... then take apart the good stuff to recover the hard poly from the huge Desert base. Figure someone else could use that big footprint base.

The Island base was always going to be short term, but I found a great spot... one of the few memorable places people usually build on. I kept it far longer than I intended. Anyway, I am going to lead an Alpha boss fight for a couple of tribe mates that do not have the engrams, then deconstruct the hard poly items. 

58 minutes ago, Taralyce said:

Direbears would be fun! I like collecting dodos mainly because they sound cute, and breeding dimorphs :)

Having 50 high level dimos follow you around is fun. Nothin above water level can stop you (except gigas and titanos probably, haven't dared to try). Downside is the lag increase and you can't see much when they are all around you, so I tend to not take more than 10 with me.

55 minutes ago, AdligerAdler said:

Having 50 high level dimos follow you around is fun. Nothin above water level can stop you (except gigas and titanos probably, haven't dared to try). Downside is the lag increase and you can't see much when they are all around you, so I tend to not take more than 10 with me.

lol seriously fun times. 

I call them my backup to help me not die in dumb situations 

4 hours ago, Taralyce said:

Direbears would be fun! I like collecting dodos mainly because they sound cute, and breeding dimorphs :)

I have always loved bears and once I realized ark had them I became obsessed. I like that they only have 2 color regions so it's easy to work colors in. I used to have several pairs of solid colors. 

34 minutes ago, Bladesong said:

I have always loved bears and once I realized ark had them I became obsessed. I like that they only have 2 color regions so it's easy to work colors in. I used to have several pairs of solid colors. 

Nice!, they look so cool after all the color mutations! and I love seeing people scoot around on them super fast all over the maps haha.
You've done it, I need bears next...

Archived