Guess My Ark Story Ends with a Whimper (rant)

yekrucifixion187

4 hours ago, sekani said:

Yeah the requirement to personally complete ALL missions to do the boss fight has fragmented my tribe. On other maps, those of us who are "good" at the game get everything ready for the boss fight and we take the lead giving out instructions on what to do during the fights which generally goes smoothly. But with Gen2 missions, my tribe of ~10 is now me and 1 other tribemate that completed nearly all the alpha missions. The others do not have the hand eye coordination needed to do alpha races, star dolphin, etc. I was able to coach the older tribemates through gamma races and carry them on other gamma missions, but that's where it ends for them so they've given up with that aspect of gen2 and have went back to their other maps.

sounds like a common occurrence, at least it happened to us too

19 hours ago, sekani said:

but that's where it ends for them so they've given up with that aspect of gen2 and have went back to their other maps.

yes that map is dying fast, yesterday (friday night) there was more people playing island 404 or ab381 that on the 2 gen2 servers i play on.

gen2 is going to become a huge cloning chamber for the chineses and a place to build a tek base, because how easy it is to get element but probably not a place where many people will spend hours playing around

15 hours ago, St1ckyBandit said:

So gen 2 arguably introduced the best overall dino collection of any map. 

i can agree with you on that, breeding will never be the same with incubator and maewing, harvesting with stryder and dedi storage is definitely a big chamge, the exo looks very promising too

Eh its hit or miss honestly for me.

I quite liked Gen1 missions much more, some were racing, some were hunting which required you to have few dinos to back up. Also your own prepared gear, it was nice. Huge variety in mission for swimmers and land dinos it was only missing flyers missions which i hoped gen2 would add, to make our snow owls, wyverns and manas usefull.

But instead they opted into instanced mission zones, in tek-themed locations.

Honestly i expected these missions to be more "grounded up" taking place on different part of ring. Like stealing rock drake eggs mission , or sneaking into rockwell biome mission and taking out reaper queen with flamethrowers. Like expected more spelunking and team-based + own assets like dinos and gear. So much potential, instead they opted into boring VR-dinos missions.

With star dolphin mission i expected to take my own astrodelphis, but oh well.

Hell once you get Giga its no longer a challenge, giga should be forbidden on gen2.

Now make gen2 buffs to pass onto gen1 or add buffs to gen1. I feel like gen2 should be delayed by 3-5 months to polish and add more mission types.

Hear me out, i loved island/abe/ragnarok cave spelunking more than gen missions

On 7/24/2021 at 4:32 PM, L4D2 said:

gen2 is going to become a huge cloning chamber for the chineses and a place to build a tek base, because how easy it is to get element but probably not a place where many people will spend hours playing around

Cloning yes, tek build no as gen 2 miss easy to get polymer like on extinction (corrupoted heards).

Cloning tames from other maps as tames here are kinda bad. For example voidwyrm cant kill an normal wild animal with his breath, i guess how he damage tek structures. Have melee damage base like a rex but not enough hp to tank anything.

+15 max hp for boss killing and +10 max hp for explorer notes will not going to happen.

So cloning and mutagen farming and selling on other maps maybe

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/13/2021 at 10:03 PM, yekrucifixion187 said:

I can't turn almost at all. I can only destroy like 3 or 4 things so I can't even get the points to open everything up. On controller you can't even touch the left stick. I've read a million just keep the reticle centered but then how do I get the health power ups? 

I do not play these types of games. I did not like Star Wars, Star Fox, Need for Speed, Gran Turismo, or anything that resembles them. 

For a game based on tribe success and promoted as such for the last 5 years and then in the final chapter they remove that component. It makes little sense. You know what I'm good at? Having the time to tame, farm, and breed what we would need for that fight. That's my strength for the tribe. 

Hell, I'm even going to do that so that they can still get it done but it's definitely a gut shot I'll never get it done. 

19 times, 0 improvement from the 1st one and that's only Gamma. Lol. 

To get your hopes up. I dont play racing games neither. I aswell struggled to dp gamma star dolphin. It took me over 30 attempts to even make it to space. And when i finally found the way of getting to space every time the astrocetus kept dying. But after painfull moments i managed to do gamma, beta and alpha star dolphin solo using a controller. I didnt had the believe that i would ever do that mission neither. But i did. Giving up aint gonna help you. Incase you think im bullpoopting. Here is the video.

Bare in mind that I did it b4 the patches that made it slightly easier. I almost had to kiss the meteors to destroy them. Now you can shoot m from miles away easily. A extra tip i can give you (i havent used it) use a mouse and keyboard. 

Archived