Two Questions About Supply Drops (1 answered)

GregoPeck

1) Has anyone else noticed a shift in the color of supply drops from green to red? I've noticed recently all of them are red for me now and I don't know why. Is this because of what level I am or how many explorer notes I've found? If someone knows, please let me know. It's not necessary knowledge, just a curiosity.

#1 was answered see reply

2) Has anyone found an Argy saddle in a supply drop? That's the saddle I want most, but I'm getting other worthless saddles (I have lots of Phiomia saddles for instance), but definitely no Argy. I did get some Rex saddles, though, but my Phiomia, Plesi, and Megalosaurus saddles show I'm not getting what I really want (Giga and Quetzal saddles would be welcome, too). I don't know what the loot table for these drops are. I'm also not quite convinced that the color of the drops relates to the quality of items as it does on every other map. I remember getting some wildly outstanding stuff when they were green, but I think I get the same stuff now that they're all red.

The drops shift their color alongside the lunar biome, each color corresponds to a certain ressource, for example if there's crystal in lunar the drops are green, if the current cycle has oil it's red. While each color has it's own loot table, the color does not indicate quality. Only thing influencing that is the world buff you get from the enforcer race, as it buffs the quality when completing the mission.

No argent saddles in the supply crates or mission loot as far as i'm aware.
Dunno if you can post links here, but i found a google doc for the loot table: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1e1icUS7LDJc4aCfPWD3UgBuEAvbswQfM9a-R1pr0i_E/edit#gid=2118953679

• GregoPeck changed the title to Two Questions About Supply Drops (1 answered)
2 hours ago, GregoPeck said:

That's really interesting. That makes sense, because I skipped time until the resources were oil and since then I've been changing the time back to 12:00. Thanks for the info!

You quoted the wrong guy XD.  Idek how you managed to quote me from a different thread.  Anyways, do keep in mind that some of the saddles your mentioning are cave/deep sea crate only loot on previous maps.  So likely not in your standard supply drops.

7 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

You quoted the wrong guy XD.  Idek how you managed to quote me from a different thread.  Anyways, do keep in mind that some of the saddles your mentioning are cave/deep sea crate only loot on previous maps.  So likely not in your standard supply drops.

Oops! Thanks! I'll try to fix that.

Well you don't normally see Plesi saddles in drops and I have a few of them. I'm getting more Rex saddles than normal, too. I know you can get Argy (and Rex, I believe) saddles from fishing, though. I got a Ramshackle one on Scorched Earth.

9 hours ago, Fes said:

The drops shift their color alongside the lunar biome, each color corresponds to a certain ressource, for example if there's crystal in lunar the drops are green, if the current cycle has oil it's red. While each color has it's own loot table, the color does not indicate quality. Only thing influencing that is the world buff you get from the enforcer race, as it buffs the quality when completing the mission.

No argent saddles in the supply crates or mission loot as far as i'm aware.
Dunno if you can post links here, but i found a google doc for the loot table: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1e1icUS7LDJc4aCfPWD3UgBuEAvbswQfM9a-R1pr0i_E/edit#gid=2118953679

That makes sense, because I changed the time to make oil appear and have been changing it to 12:00. Thanks for the info!

1 hour ago, GregoPeck said:

Oops! Thanks! I'll try to fix that.

Well you don't normally see Plesi saddles in drops and I have a few of them. I'm getting more Rex saddles than normal, too. I know you can get Argy (and Rex, I believe) saddles from fishing, though. I got a Ramshackle one on Scorched Earth.

Mosa is a red cave loot item on the island.  Rex and pleisio is in red air drops on just about every map.  Pretty sure deep sea/dune crates are the only things that drop giga saddles except for maybe the highest level cave on maps without the deep sea crates, and its in red drops in islands snow cave.  So again, your likely looking in the wrong place for the 1s you want

1 hour ago, Onimusha759 said:

Mosa is a red cave loot item on the island.  Rex and pleisio is in red air drops on just about every map.  Pretty sure deep sea/dune crates are the only things that drop giga saddles except for maybe the highest level cave on maps without the deep sea crates, and its in red drops in islands snow cave.  So again, your likely looking in the wrong place for the 1s you want

Yeah, though I'm referring to Genesis 2 and I don't think those exist, although maybe I haven't explored enough to find them, I've only seen the obvious ones on the surface. I also haven't tried to find this answer for myself via Google or the wiki (which is what I would normally do), I figured I'd just ask if anyone's found what I want. Thanks for the input, I do appreciate it!

6 hours ago, GregoPeck said:

Yeah, though I'm referring to Genesis 2 and I don't think those exist, although maybe I haven't explored enough to find them, I've only seen the obvious ones on the surface. I also haven't tried to find this answer for myself via Google or the wiki (which is what I would normally do), I figured I'd just ask if anyone's found what I want. Thanks for the input, I do appreciate it!

Im glad to lend any help.  I know your asking specifically for genesis 2.  Im only saying look at the patterns.  Theyve always been in higher level, non air drop, loot.  And the rex and plesio that your finding have always been in air drops, so theres no reason to suspect that the pattern doesnt still hold true.  If i was looking for what you are id be cave hunting.  Even if you can fing them by air drops, u know the  cave version is gonna be much better.  Granted if the pattern holds true your gonna be needing to go into the harder caves for some of these saddles...Which could pose a problem.

50 minutes ago, Onimusha759 said:

Im glad to lend any help.  I know your asking specifically for genesis 2.  Im only saying look at the patterns.  Theyve always been in higher level, non air drop, loot.  And the rex and plesio that your finding have always been in air drops, so theres no reason to suspect that the pattern doesnt still hold true.  If i was looking for what you are id be cave hunting.  Even if you can fing them by air drops, u know the  cave version is gonna be much better.  Granted if the pattern holds true your gonna be needing to go into the harder caves for some of these saddles...Which could pose a problem.

Yeah, I see. I'm not aware of any caves on Gen2, except for the one where you get to Rockwell's arena. I didn't see any drops when I was there, but that doesn't mean that there aren't any. I visited it multiple times to get explorer notes, but I also tried to hurry up and GTFO of there. LOL

7 hours ago, GregoPeck said:

Yeah, I see. I'm not aware of any caves on Gen2, except for the one where you get to Rockwell's arena. I didn't see any drops when I was there, but that doesn't mean that there aren't any. I visited it multiple times to get explorer notes, but I also tried to hurry up and GTFO of there. LOL

Sounds like a logical well thought out strategy XD.  Seriously tho, its always smart to get the fruit out of a cave asap.

Ok, 1 way to know if caves exist is to check the boss terminal.  If theres artifacts required then you know theres gotta be caves.  Even aberration had caves...And the map was technically already a cave. Lol

4 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

Sounds like a logical well thought out strategy XD.  Seriously tho, its always smart to get the fruit out of a cave asap.

Ok, 1 way to know if caves exist is to check the boss terminal.  If theres artifacts required then you know theres gotta be caves.  Even aberration had caves...And the map was technically already a cave. Lol

Good point. Rockwell's requirements aren't artifacts. Instead, you're supposed to complete all missions and have a certain number of mutagen depending on the level of difficulty you're attempting. Just for clarification, if you want to do the Alpha fight, you have to complete all Alpha missions and have 24 mutagen.

Since I was grabbing explorer notes and not fighting the impossible boss battles on my own, I used console commands to give me access and mutagen in my single player game.

2 hours ago, GregoPeck said:

Good point. Rockwell's requirements aren't artifacts. Instead, you're supposed to complete all missions and have a certain number of mutagen depending on the level of difficulty you're attempting. Just for clarification, if you want to do the Alpha fight, you have to complete all Alpha missions and have 24 mutagen.

Since I was grabbing explorer notes and not fighting the impossible boss battles on my own, I used console commands to give me access and mutagen in my single player game.

Do the missions require anything to initiate?  Also do they give any trophy type item thats used to initiate rockwells battle?  I have a hard time believing the game just knows youve done it.  The game usually doesnt know what its doing 1 moment to the next XD

Im just asking out of curiosity.

18 minutes ago, Onimusha759 said:

Do the missions require anything to initiate?  Also do they give any trophy type item thats used to initiate rockwells battle?  I have a hard time believing the game just knows youve done it.  The game usually doesnt know what its doing 1 moment to the next XD

Im just asking out of curiosity.

I'm not sure. I haven't tried any of the missions. I tried some in Gen1, but it seemed pretty difficult for a single player, so I've ignored missions since then. If you want more details, here it is on the wiki: https://ark.fandom.com/wiki/Rockwell_Prime

Archived