Can't build on rafts

Crivious

Forgive me if this is in the wrong section, but as this is my first post and the bug report section appears not at all intuitive for newcomers, I surmised this would be the next-best place for functionality-based inquiries.

TLDR: I'm playing singleplayer on PC, and am currently unable to build on rafts or motorboats. At least, not to the common spec to be seen in Youtube videos and such.

I've been playing ARK for about three weeks on and off now, with hardly any issues. Earlier today, I decided that I wanted to start working on a mobile taming pen. So I built a motorboat, filled it with gasoline, crafted some foundations and walls and set out to a not-so-shallow area in the ocean.

Well... building turned out to be not as fluid as I had hoped. I didn't have anything to snap the floor foundations to. So I tried putting down a fence foundation, which the floor foundations just completely ignored. I tried equipping a pillar and manning the driver stick, which allowed me to center the pillar on the end of the motorboat... but once again, the foundations didn't snap.

So my next step was to search "ark raft building" on Youtube and sort the results so that the most recent videos were shown first to rule out the possibility that any recent patches may have borked this method. I ignored many of them as they were intended for ARK Mobile, and even the ones that pertained to PC, PS4, XBOX or Switch were showing exactly the same methods that I had tried, except they were actually working. The foundations were snapping as intended, and mine weren't. I'm losing my mind here, because following the videos step by step should produce similar results, yet that's exactly what's NOT happening.

If it helps, SuperStructures is the only mod that I am using. Again, I am playing singleplayer PC.

I even took a video of what I'm talking about hoping that I could better illustrate the problem I'm having, but of course it exceeds the file size limit. If anybody has any input on this I would greatly appreciate it. I just want to build my mobile pen, and I really want to keep loving this game but honestly the more I play it, the harder that gets. Help me out guys!

Archived