Piranha Problems

12 hours ago, RandomPerson842 said:

Does anyone know a good bridge design that doesn't require going in the water? I have a river near my base i want to get over but its got piranhas in it. Any suggestions on how to get rid of Satan's goldfish(piranhas) would be great as well.

If you unlock it, the tek bridges are a great way dealing with such issues. But if you are early game, Id suggest makeing stone pillars, stone ceilings, and stone railings....When you set the stone pillars in the ground, they will act as foundations and you can set the stone ceilings ontop......add the railings to make it look good, boom. Bridge.

As for the ronha's, shoot em, get a big angry dino and kill em, or ride a sarco. Only dino they will not mess with is the sarco. But with that said, they are soft and squishy once you get something good to ride. Heck a high level stego should be able to deal with em.

I must admit I am totally baffled. You want a bridge that doesn't go into water? As if that isn't the definition of what a bridge is? The minimum definition of a bridge is some sort of platform that acts as a means of crossing from one chunk of terra firma to another! If it enters the water, it isn't a bridge anymore... it's a waterslide!

All kidding aside, if you don't want to actually get in the water you could try a raft. Or just place a foundation next to the riverbank, and proceed to attach ceilings and pillars as necessary until you get to the other side. Pop a foundation, then two ceilings, then stand on the last ceiling you placed and pop a pillar underneath, etc etc etc until you're across.

Or, if you feel adventurous and/or drunk like me, you could build a bridge or seven that double(s) as a farm.

20210710021630_1.jpg.f524cd4baa66c379d63e1c5888867cdc.jpg

A simple bridge will suffice.

I just kept stacking pillars in the middle of the river bed until they reached above the water surface (you would have to go in the river though, or do it from the back of a tame). Then I built ceilings supported by more pillars to both shores, then added a ramp at both ends and put railings on the ceilings. 

If you want to cross the river on dinos, better make it 2 or 3 ceilings wide. And build of stone, metal or tek.

If the water is not too deep you can have the pillars snap in to the ground from above and stack them until above the water. Maybe a raft can help to get the job done but if it is too deep you have to run in and out the water if your level is not high enough to kill the fish.
Tip: use a pike or spear walking backwards when attacked, you might get it killed before it kills you. Otherwise you at least died trying ;)

Archived