Question about the CoC

arkark

There is a rule in the CoC, PVE Griefing section that says the following:

Game Blocking - you are not allowed to block other tribes from playing the game on PvE servers. This can include but is not limited to:

• Building at their base

Now, this is a fictional situation that has never happened but which I have not clear if it breaks the CoC or not:

Imagine that you found a spot, completely empty of structures cause the server is fresh new. You place some structures, make a small outpost and while you are farming for more structures another tribe comes and pillars all around you blocking you from building in that spot. This means you cant continue building there because you are pillared all round.

Then, weeks later, they have placed structures other than pillars. Would a report from them based on said rule saying you are building at their base be accepted and your outpost wiped so they can take all the space?

From my understanding, if you place structures first you are not "building at their base" because there was nothing when you built it.

I want to hear your oppinions, specially from people who is more experienced with the CoC.

I had that exact thing happen to me on a Valgeuro server... We had a small little hut and some big tribe moved in next to us and slowly forced us from that spot and eventually from the server.

I am not certain, however, if this would apply to the CoC griefing rule. It certainly seems at though it should, but I would have to do some more research. I imagine, though, that it would apply to a certain extent, in this situation.

• Volunteer Moderator
6 hours ago, arkark said:

You place some structures, make a small outpost and while you are farming for more structures another tribe comes and pillars all around you blocking you from building in that spot

That is against the CoC and a ticket would usually get them removed.

6 hours ago, arkark said:

Then, weeks later, they have placed structures other than pillars.

By now you are probably too late in reporting them, now it depends on the discretion of the support staff. It may be hard/impossible for them to determine who was there first and who is greifing who.

Yeah, I think it is in the weeds enough to not be a violation at this point. The non-build zones now overlap between your build and theirs.

IMO, a standard PVE land-claim process is to pillar in excess of the planned structures... i.e. create a yard around your prospective base. This prevents the issue of pillar claim in your build area. Your land claim pillars should be considered the property boundary line... and you only build within that boundary.  i.e. the no build zone is NOT the property line... the farthest structure itself it that property line.

Archived