Rex stats for broodmother (SP)?

DodoRaptor

I've been mutating rexes for the broodmother and megapithecus (all difficulties) and I'm at 4m and 8h. Was planning to only go to ten for both, but I've been doing a lot of math, and it doesn't seem like I can get the "ideal" values of 900+ melee and 35k+ health without going significantly higher. So I'm wondering, since bosses are supposedly weaker on single player, what could a possible bare minimum to aim for be for final leveled stats? If anyone can/has tested some relatively low stats on single player, it would mean a lot to me if you wouldn't mind sharing your findings. Thanks in advance!

5 hours ago, DodoRaptor said:

I've been mutating rexes for the broodmother and megapithecus (all difficulties) and I'm at 4m and 8h. Was planning to only go to ten for both, but I've been doing a lot of math, and it doesn't seem like I can get the "ideal" values of 900+ melee and 35k+ health without going significantly higher. So I'm wondering, since bosses are supposedly weaker on single player, what could a possible bare minimum to aim for be for final leveled stats? If anyone can/has tested some relatively low stats on single player, it would mean a lot to me if you wouldn't mind sharing your findings. Thanks in advance!

Need a bit more info.....is max difficulty checked?

If so, Id say you would need 40k health, 1500 melee. however you really need some good saddles before we start talking bout dragon.
If max difficulty is not checked, 20k health 1000 melee should be plenty, however that may be overkill.....been a minute since I did the bosses on easy and I did it with theri's, soooo.......

13.200.1 Health and 449.2% Melee 0 Mutations (without imprint and levels), is what i used on solo dedicated LAN to clean up all Island Bosses (and the manticore), and leveled\imprinted should be able to hit those 'ideal' stats (or higher health for Alpha BM i used 50k health and had some spare).

That's 55 'wild points', it kinda depends on how you have SP setup as wizard03 also mentioned, but should be doable on official like settings since the timer is lacking on SP as well. At most if your lazy with re-speccing for the dragon, you would loose a few on BM or Dragon, depending on if you go for 35 or 50k health.

And that is also not counting the extra 15 levels you get on all dinos on SP, so this should easily overshoot that 'ideal' target even tbh.

20 hours ago, lordbufu said:

13.200.1 Health and 449.2% Melee 0 Mutations (without imprint and levels), is what i used on solo dedicated LAN to clean up all Island Bosses (and the manticore), and leveled\imprinted should be able to hit those 'ideal' stats (or higher health for Alpha BM i used 50k health and had some spare).

That's 55 'wild points', it kinda depends on how you have SP setup as wizard03 also mentioned, but should be doable on official like settings since the timer is lacking on SP as well. At most if your lazy with re-speccing for the dragon, you would loose a few on BM or Dragon, depending on if you go for 35 or 50k health.

And that is also not counting the extra 15 levels you get on all dinos on SP, so this should easily overshoot that 'ideal' target even tbh.

I can definitely hit both of those starting values with some more mutations. I have to say, you had some really good wild rex tames if those were your starting stats.

However, I don't have any XP boosts, and it sounds like "leveled" means max level here, which I still have yet to attain on my good thyla even after killing truckloads of high level rex babies. I was hoping to only use forty or fifty levels.

If I only went for around 800 melee and 35k health, could I still win? It seems a little more realistic and I do have a good saddle blueprint. I couldn't care less about taking some losses as long as I could kill alpha brood. Those rexes knew what they were signing up for 😉

Also, I'd planned to use theris for the dragon, but if you think I can use rexes, I might try it. If those stats will work on the broodmother but not the dragon, then I think I might just use theris after all. Thanks for all the advice.

EDIT: I did more math and just had a eureka moment. With 13 (five more) health mutations, 10 (six more) melee mutations, imprint, and fifty levels (twenty health and thirty melee) I'll be just a hair away from 35k health and have over 900 melee. It seems I solved my own problem.

14 hours ago, DodoRaptor said:

I can definitely hit both of those starting values with some more mutations. I have to say, you had some really good wild rex tames if those were your starting stats.

However, I don't have any XP boosts, and it sounds like "leveled" means max level here, which I still have yet to attain on my good thyla even after killing truckloads of high level rex babies. I was hoping to only use forty or fifty levels.

If I only went for around 800 melee and 35k health, could I still win? It seems a little more realistic and I do have a good saddle blueprint. I couldn't care less about taking some losses as long as I could kill alpha brood. Those rexes knew what they were signing up for 😉

Also, I'd planned to use theris for the dragon, but if you think I can use rexes, I might try it. If those stats will work on the broodmother but not the dragon, then I think I might just use theris after all. Thanks for all the advice.

EDIT: I did more math and just had a eureka moment. With 13 (five more) health mutations, 10 (six more) melee mutations, imprint, and fifty levels (twenty health and thirty melee) I'll be just a hair away from 35k health and have over 900 melee. It seems I solved my own problem.

I was but a wee little beach bob back then, well compared to now anyways, so there is quite a bit of room for improvement there. Especially my dragon fight was very euhm .... awkward ... both for me and the dinos lol. But yeah leveled is with at least the full 73 dino xp levels, witch on SP should be doable murdering a few Alpha's in the redwoods, 88 considering the xp curve a bit less (unless your killing giga babies).

I used 50k health on Broodmother Alpha (so less melee %), but as mentioned above beach bob skill level, so i brought 2 pigs and 2 Yuti's of witch all but 1 Yuti was simply worthless (healing when un-ridden and with regular meat is just basically no healing ... oeps ... poor pigs lol). Iff i remember right, most Rexes had like 25k health left (couple down to 10k), you can sneak behind her with your Yuti and attack from the back, this will help spread the Rexes around her and mitigate a bit of her large bite area. So 35k health with 3 extra and more melee overall, should be a walk in the park honestly.

For the dragon i used a second group, 35k health and ~1k melee and again the silly extra yuti and the 2 pigs (rip pigs and yuti ... being mate boosting dint help them this time lol), also lost 1 or 2 Rexes because i failed to whistle properly. Just like the previous one, basically 0 healing from the pigs despite there valiant effort to dps the boss, the biggest struggle is the environment honestly. Mentioning the left over health would be worthless here, since the breath dmg is % based so most where near death obviously

Overall the 35k health and ~900 melee should be a 1 size fits all type of deal on the island/SE and most free DLC maps (the base goal to hit with super rex lines), if you know the arena and whistles, i expect very little problem honestly.

On 7/8/2021 at 11:12 AM, DodoRaptor said:

I can definitely hit both of those starting values with some more mutations. I have to say, you had some really good wild rex tames if those were your starting stats. However, I don't have any XP boosts, and it sounds like "leveled" means max level here, which I still have yet to attain on my good thyla even after killing truckloads of high level rex babies. I was hoping to only use forty or fifty levels. If I only went for around 800 melee and 35k health, could I still win? It seems a little more realistic and I do have a good saddle blueprint. I couldn't care less about taking some losses as long as I could kill alpha brood. Those rexes knew what they were signing up for 😉.  Also, I'd planned to use theris for the dragon, but if you think I can use rexes, I might try it. If those stats will work on the broodmother but not the dragon, then I think I might just use theris after all. Thanks for all the advice.

Looking good on my end honestly, even on max difficulty....Just don't forget the deadon to regen health and a yuty to boost melee damage.
However this setup should only work well for the spider and monkey....For the dragon, id make a new set and push more on melee. Granted, you still want your rex crew to take a few hits, but in that case, you will want to look more into melee to make the fight last as short as possible. Every time the dragon hits anything with its fire breath, it removes 25% of the targets health.....if the rex's get hit twice with this attack, you can pretty much guess that they will have less than 50% of their hit points no matter how much health they started with.

Because of this, there is two methods to deal with the dragon. Violently aggressive healing such as the deadon with a huge stomach stat and theri's who can also eat veggie cakes both providing as much healing as possible during the fight. Or violently aggressive damage per secound......Rex's with over 1500 melee to kill the dragon before he has a chance to breath fire more than a couple times.
Not much else can be done in this regard. Both strats work well, but they also require the player to do a bit of fancy footwork.

As a side note, last time I hit the dragon, I noticed it seemed to set its sights on me the majority of the time. In fact I was able to pull its fire breath attack from my main group and towards me while I was riding the pig. I didn't mind as I was not only able to heal with the pigs healing effect and while feeding it prime meat, but I was also able to monitor how much damage I took. I risked it twice, both times no one caught fire but me. So if with some exta footwork dureing the fight, you might be able to pull the attacks away from your battle force.

On 7/9/2021 at 7:34 AM, lordbufu said:

I was but a wee little beach bob back then, well compared to now anyways, so there is quite a bit of room for improvement there. Especially my dragon fight was very euhm .... awkward ... both for me and the dinos lol. But yeah leveled is with at least the full 73 dino xp levels, witch on SP should be doable murdering a few Alpha's in the redwoods, 88 considering the xp curve a bit less (unless your killing giga babies).

I used 50k health on Broodmother Alpha (so less melee %), but as mentioned above beach bob skill level, so i brought 2 pigs and 2 Yuti's of witch all but 1 Yuti was simply worthless (healing when un-ridden and with regular meat is just basically no healing ... oeps ... poor pigs lol). Iff i remember right, most Rexes had like 25k health left (couple down to 10k), you can sneak behind her with your Yuti and attack from the back, this will help spread the Rexes around her and mitigate a bit of her large bite area. So 35k health with 3 extra and more melee overall, should be a walk in the park honestly.

For the dragon i used a second group, 35k health and ~1k melee and again the silly extra yuti and the 2 pigs (rip pigs and yuti ... being mate boosting dint help them this time lol), also lost 1 or 2 Rexes because i failed to whistle properly. Just like the previous one, basically 0 healing from the pigs despite there valiant effort to dps the boss, the biggest struggle is the environment honestly. Mentioning the left over health would be worthless here, since the breath dmg is % based so most where near death obviously

Overall the 35k health and ~900 melee should be a 1 size fits all type of deal on the island/SE and most free DLC maps (the base goal to hit with super rex lines), if you know the arena and whistles, i expect very little problem honestly.

Which

Archived