Broken Xp Gains

Onimusha759

I been away frm ark since around the release of Val.  I played some after it, maybe a month.  I just came back and decided to redo Scorched.  Problem is...Im leveling up like im taking steroids.  Has anyone else on here experienced this?  I spoken with the former ps4 ark community creator, and he says hes experiencing it too.  Before im done even building a thatch 7x7 house, then refurbishing it to a wooden house, im already passing level 60.  Now iv been playing this game since SE came out and i know for certain this has never happened even with a 2x "event" going on.  Im playing SP and iv triple checked my settings.  Im using the same settings i always have.  1.0 to all xp types, 2.0 to the base xp gain for everything (to simulate an event), and 2.0 to harvest amount(again to simulate an event).  SP settings is off.  So my question is whats going on?  Did an update cause this?  Im unable to enjoy the game because theres absolutely no progression.  Im a "noob" on the map with a parasaur and a 1 floor wooden house able to ride basicly all the end game dinos.  Im now a "noob" in the end game of the map...After building a basic house...

5 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

I been away frm ark since around the release of Val.  I played some after it, maybe a month.  I just came back and decided to redo Scorched.  Problem is...Im leveling up like im taking steroids.  Has anyone else on here experienced this?  I spoken with the former ps4 ark community creator, and he says hes experiencing it too.  Before im done even building a thatch 7x7 house, then refurbishing it to a wooden house, im already passing level 60.  Now iv been playing this game since SE came out and i know for certain this has never happened even with a 2x "event" going on.  Im playing SP and iv triple checked my settings.  Im using the same settings i always have.  1.0 to all xp types, 2.0 to the base xp gain for everything (to simulate an event), and 2.0 to harvest amount(again to simulate an event).  SP settings is off.  So my question is whats going on?  Did an update cause this?  Im unable to enjoy the game because theres absolutely no progression.  Im a "noob" on the map with a parasaur and a 1 floor wooden house able to ride basicly all the end game dinos.  Im now a "noob" in the end game of the map...After building a basic house...

Have to say that it was awhile ago, but I felt the same way....."wow, Im level 20 and I just picked a flower?"

Honesty after lvl argentavis saddle, its nothing too crazy or important, but the lack of a struggle really set in whenever the change happened. The engram struggle fade's off for me after I gain the ability to fly, but with that said I do kinda miss it....Not that I was looking foreword to the end game grind to begin with, but the early game is just way too easy now.

8 hours ago, wizard03 said:

Have to say that it was awhile ago, but I felt the same way....."wow, Im level 20 and I just picked a flower?"

Honesty after lvl argentavis saddle, its nothing too crazy or important, but the lack of a struggle really set in whenever the change happened. The engram struggle fade's off for me after I gain the ability to fly, but with that said I do kinda miss it....Not that I was looking foreword to the end game grind to begin with, but the early game is just way too easy now.

I liked having to build up over time.  Go from raptor to carno to allo(if available) to spino(rex if no spino).  I liked slowly conquering the map and actually having to earn my levels to earn my right to ride my tames.  I can jump straight to an argy right after i built my house...and a wyvern or rex soon after...Wheres the survival and whats the point of any of the lower engrams at this point?  Since im on SP for me the endgame is going after that last super tame.  The wyvern on SE for example.  I came back to bust a gut on SE like we used to...SE is just ruined now.  At least with event rates.  I deleted evrything i did since the event started and started over again on SE with no event rates.  So far it feels kinda like it used to but its a lil to early to tell.

I want to say thank you for replying.  I was worried i was mistaken that something change.  Do you know what exactly has changed to cause this?

About a year after valguero came out they increased the base rates of the game to be the equivalent of 2x back when you last played it seems. Here is the Community crunch about it.

Also since its currently a 3x event with the summer bash, that could be causing it to seem waaay faster than before although I admittedly dont know if that translate to a singleplayer world.

With that all being said I personally dont see the need for the levels to hold you back. You can easily just you know, not tame a wyvern until you are personally ready and whatnot. You can still easily still progress from raptor to carno to allo to rex to giga etc and not let your level dictate what you are taming or going after. But to each their own I suppose.

5 minutes ago, Piffguru said:

About a year after valguero came out they increased the base rates of the game to be the equivalent of 2x back when you last played it seems. Here is the Community crunch about it.

Also since its currently a 3x event with the summer bash, that could be causing it to seem waaay faster than before although I admittedly dont know if that translate to a singleplayer world.

With that all being said I personally dont see the need for the levels to hold you back. You can easily just you know, not tame a wyvern until you are personally ready and whatnot. You can still easily still progress from raptor to carno to allo to rex to giga etc and not let your level dictate what you are taming or going after. But to each their own I suppose.

Thank you for that info.  And no, event rates dont effect SP.  I tested it when i noticed the absurd gains to make sure that that hadnt changed.

Thing is, who wouldnt eat their favorite meal if they had the choice right?  Why would you even bother messing around with lower grade equipment if you had the option to get better?  I actually tried doing exactly what suggested, but i just tamed 1 after the other.  This really destroys the appreciation you get for the lower tames and gear because you just run right through it.  You spend no time with it.  The only way i see someone at this point purposefully undergearing themselves and tames is if theyre roleplaying.

Thanks again, you were a big help. :)

7 minutes ago, sjskdjkfa said:

the 3x event right now is (2x)(2x)(3x) = 12x compared to the original game, not sure when the first bake in happened compared to when you played, but yea... I been playing this game long enough to feel like I'm on a insanely boosted server when ever the events hit

I dont receive the 3x and its the 2nd 2x that threw me off.  So i ended up with 2x 2x 2x.  Thx for your reply

20 minutes ago, Onimusha759 said:

Thank you for that info.  And no, event rates dont effect SP.  I tested it when i noticed the absurd gains to make sure that that hadnt changed.

Thing is, who wouldnt eat their favorite meal if they had the choice right?  Why would you even bother messing around with lower grade equipment if you had the option to get better?  I actually tried doing exactly what suggested, but i just tamed 1 after the other.  This really destroys the appreciation you get for the lower tames and gear because you just run right through it.  You spend no time with it.  The only way i see someone at this point purposefully undergearing themselves and tames is if theyre roleplaying.

Yea I agree with this sentiment, I dont understand why people would do it but I do know people do enjoy primitive/early game stuff. In a pvp aspect I completely understand wanting and missing the early game pvp, but in a pve environment I just dont understand wanting to limit yourself personally. But I am a min maxer at heart so I just skip right to the important stuff whenever possible.

Also I loved onimusha back in the day. Great game

8 hours ago, Piffguru said:

Yea I agree with this sentiment, I dont understand why people would do it but I do know people do enjoy primitive/early game stuff. In a pvp aspect I completely understand wanting and missing the early game pvp, but in a pve environment I just dont understand wanting to limit yourself personally. But I am a min maxer at heart so I just skip right to the important stuff whenever possible.

Also I loved onimusha back in the day. Great game

Ya, i like to bee line to what i can have, but i also want to feel progression and character building.  Lvl 60 beach bob doesnt exactly leave room for progression lol...Or make sense at all

Ikr, i own all 5 usa games and a redone expert version of the 1st game(Not the half azz reboot from like a year ago).  To bad there was 2 released games only for japan.  Good news is a new 1 has been confirmed to be in the next couple years.

13 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

I liked having to build up over time.  Go from raptor to carno to allo(if available) to spino(rex if no spino).  I liked slowly conquering the map and actually having to earn my levels to earn my right to ride my tames.  I can jump straight to an argy right after i built my house...and a wyvern or rex soon after...Wheres the survival and whats the point of any of the lower engrams at this point?  Since im on SP for me the endgame is going after that last super tame.  The wyvern on SE for example.  I came back to bust a gut on SE like we used to...SE is just ruined now.  At least with event rates.  I deleted evrything i did since the event started and started over again on SE with no event rates.  So far it feels kinda like it used to but its a lil to early to tell.

I want to say thank you for replying.  I was worried i was mistaken that something change.  Do you know what exactly has changed to cause this?

I wanna say gen 1 was the change up....they adjust harvesting rates and a bit of this and that......the harvesting feels perfect, nothing too crazy, but nothing lack luster either. However I feel like the early game got shot in the foot at that time. I think that was when our run got wiped the first time and started going through it all over again. Between knowing what to do this time around, and the adjustment, it felt like I was leveling up 4-5 times faster.... I actually quit, checked settings and restarted it over again to see if I had messed with something.

On 7/8/2021 at 2:39 AM, wizard03 said:

I wanna say gen 1 was the change up....they adjust harvesting rates and a bit of this and that......the harvesting feels perfect, nothing too crazy, but nothing lack luster either. However I feel like the early game got shot in the foot at that time. I think that was when our run got wiped the first time and started going through it all over again. Between knowing what to do this time around, and the adjustment, it felt like I was leveling up 4-5 times faster.... I actually quit, checked settings and restarted it over again to see if I had messed with something.

Well considering you were getting a 2x xp boost and double harvest(keep in mind that you gain xp per item harvested), your actually gaining 4x harvest xp and 2x xp in everything else.  That may not seem like on the harvest but to put that into perspective, i wiped and redid my map 3x this week.  1st time i was 60 before i finished a wood home.  The 2nd time i did the same thing but i halved harvest xp but still had the 2x general xp.  I finished at lvl 50.  So that 2x harvest resulted in a 10 lvl increase.  So you were right, you are lvling up like 3-4x faster.

4 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

Well considering you were getting a 2x xp boost and double harvest(keep in mind that you gain xp per item harvested), your actually gaining 4x harvest xp and 2x xp in everything else.  That may not seem like on the harvest but to put that into perspective, i wiped and redid my map 3x this week.  1st time i was 60 before i finished a wood home.  The 2nd time i did the same thing but i halved harvest xp but still had the 2x general xp.  I finished at lvl 50.  So that 2x harvest resulted in a 10 lvl increase.  So you were right, you are lvling up like 3-4x faster.

Don't get me wrong, as a experianced player starting from scratch, its nice to get those argies going in the first day, but on the other hand, that begining game magic is gone....."Look at me, I made a thatch house!" is gone. =/

7 hours ago, wizard03 said:

Don't get me wrong, as a experianced player starting from scratch, its nice to get those argies going in the first day, but on the other hand, that begining game magic is gone....."Look at me, I made a thatch house!" is gone. =/

I know exactly what you mean.  I mean im not usually overly proud of my thatch nut XD, but i do feel some accomplishment of finishing each individual project.  U cant enjoy thatch or wood because your upgrading to the next 1 before your even done with the 1st 1.  Thats actually slightly irritating, "why did i even turn it to wood" *Goes back over the parts i just did again with stone*.  Im like u, i love the argy, but i missed the raptor carno riding building up to it.  I kinda prefer being able to tackle 1 new project at a time, not have like 5 all needing to be done now because im over leveled.

On 7/10/2021 at 8:39 AM, Onimusha759 said:

I know exactly what you mean.  I mean im not usually overly proud of my thatch nut XD, but i do feel some accomplishment of finishing each individual project.  U cant enjoy thatch or wood because your upgrading to the next 1 before your even done with the 1st 1.  Thats actually slightly irritating, "why did i even turn it to wood" *Goes back over the parts i just did again with stone*.  Im like u, i love the argy, but i missed the raptor carno riding building up to it.  I kinda prefer being able to tackle 1 new project at a time, not have like 5 all needing to be done now because im over leveled.

Them thatch nuts, It gets a lil itchy after the third run around. XD

Yeah, heck this run around Im doing since the xbox wipe, I didn't even bother with wood. In the first day I was building in stone, and on solo, its all thats needed really. =/ 
If they are looking for tips for ark 2, Id suggest to slow down the early game a lil.

14 hours ago, wizard03 said:

Yeah, heck this run around Im doing since the xbox wipe, I didn't even bother with wood. In the first day I was building in stone, and on solo, its all thats needed really. =/ 
If they are looking for tips for ark 2, Id suggest to slow down the early game a lil.

Lol, i meant hut.

Ya, i know what you mean.  I think i might do my new rag run on .5xp.  I just hate how slow it gets after lvl 60...But to speed it up destroys the value of everything else.  I figured do it on rag because its so fricking huge that its got plenty to do to keep me busy while i level up.  I haven't messed with it since a lil after its release.  It was only considered 50% done at that point.  My god tho it was an amazing map.

I agree.  Whats the logic in even having any of the lower engrams if you literally skip them without even trying to?

On 7/12/2021 at 12:29 AM, wizard03 said:

I know im going off topic a bit but it still has to do with dev changes.  So did they lock in genders on eggs?  I used to re roll my eggs if i wanted to get a different gender but this frickin wyvern keeps coming out as a boy...After 6 different hatches.

8 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

I know im going off topic a bit but it still has to do with dev changes.  So did they lock in genders on eggs?  I used to re roll my eggs if i wanted to get a different gender but this frickin wyvern keeps coming out as a boy...After 6 different hatches.

Iv sorta noticed this before hand, had a couple times where my game didn't save on shut down and the eggs I tossed out earlier was still the same levels, colors, genders, and one in particular had a oxygen mutation.
Im guessing the eggs have a hard code of whats inside as soon as its laid

11 hours ago, wizard03 said:

Iv sorta noticed this before hand, had a couple times where my game didn't save on shut down and the eggs I tossed out earlier was still the same levels, colors, genders, and one in particular had a oxygen mutation.
Im guessing the eggs have a hard code of whats inside as soon as its laid

The stats, colors, and mutations have always been hardcoded to the egg, but i used to be able to reroll the gender/twins.  I rerolled the same egg 10 times to the same gender.  Even more odd it seems gender is locked into the twins/triplets as well.  Before you could get boy and girl from the same egg when you got twins.  Now it seems if you get twins/triplets theyre all the same gender.  Realisticly thats how it would really be tho.  It erks me tho that they went out of their way to F with SP players.  The only people that can take advantage of the rerolled rng are SP players.  When youre playing online you cant rollback the server.  Considering the insane disadvantages that we have in SP if we're trying to play legitimately(King titan before blood wyvern, rockwell above gamma, unable to walk away from the game for raising breeding or taming because the game world only progresses while we're playing, the stupid S we gotta do to tame some things(Like a quetzal)), this seems like a real sausage move by the devs.

On 7/8/2021 at 4:34 AM, Onimusha759 said:

It is not event rates.

Ark has twice now, increased the base rates in the core. Perhaps you should have read that article a little more carefully!

45 minutes ago, CyberAngel67 said:

It is not event rates.

Ark has twice now, increased the base rates in the core. Perhaps you should have read that article a little more carefully!

Ummmm, did you even read what i posted?...I said that it wasnt event rates...I literally told the guy it couldn't be the event because event rates dont effect SP(singleplayer)....Im going to assume you just, somehow, misread what i wrote, and your not just spitefully trying to mess with people.

On 7/7/2021 at 2:34 PM, Onimusha759 said:

This is the line you quoted.  "And no, event rates dont effect SP." means that im saying its not event rates and theres no way that it could ever be.

57 minutes ago, CyberAngel67 said:

Perhaps you should have read that article a little more carefully!

Perhaps you should take your own advice XD

5 minutes ago, Onimusha759 said:

Ummmm, did you even read what i posted?...I said that it wasnt event rates...I literally told the guy it couldn't be the event because event rates dont effect SP(singleplayer)....Im going to assume you just, somehow, misread what i wrote, and your not just spitefully trying to mess with people.

This is the line you quoted.  "And no, event rates dont effect SP." means that im saying its not event rates and theres no way that it could ever be.

Perhaps you should take your own advice XD

I'll repeat myself one last time, I never said it had anything to do with event rates.

What I said was there was two times, that's right on two occasions Wildcard increased the base rates. That means rates that are before event rates take affect!

33 minutes ago, CyberAngel67 said:

I'll repeat myself one last time, I never said it had anything to do with event rates.

What I said was there was two times, that's right on two occasions Wildcard increased the base rates. That means rates that are before event rates take affect!

And i know this and i read it in the article and i thanked the guy for the article because i never saw the article because i was gone for a long time.  Thats why i asked if anyone knew what was going on and i clearly stated i was gone a long time.

So what was the point of you bringing up either topic with your original reply?  I wasnt the 1 who said maybe it was the event rates.  I was actually saying the same thing as you.  Thus why are you giving me a smartazz reply, i already knew.

I also never said that you implied that it was the event rates.  It seems by how you are wording things, and chiding me, that you assumed that i thought it was the event.  Which theres proof that you quoted showing that that isnt the case.

1 hour ago, CyberAngel67 said:

It is not event rates.

Why are you saying "it is not event rates"?  I obviously know that in my post that you quoted.  By saying that you imply that i thought it may have been the event, but my post clearly shows that i knew the event had nothing to do with it.  So again, why say and start your reply with "It is not event rates"?  I obviously know this.

Then you imply that i haven't read the article that i replied to and gave a smartazz jab at the end to me.  Nowhere do you have any merit to assume i haven't read it in my reply to the guy who posted the link to the info.  I had read it and perfectly understood what was in it.  This again makes it look like your assuming i think its the event rates, which i obviously dont.

I dont know where your from or if English is your main language, but when you start a statement with "it is not event rates." that implies you believe someone thinks that it is.  Then when you say someone should of read an article that clearly states that its not the rates more carefully and you add a smartazz remark, that also implies you think that im saying or thought that it was the event rates.  Which again you quoted me clearly saying it was not the rates.  So exactly what was the purpose of your post?  Perhaps you should think of what your saying before you post.  Especially the smartazz remarks.  If youre going to chide someone, you might want to actually have merit in the reason why your chiding them or you just make yourself look like a dumbazz.

3 minutes ago, Onimusha759 said:

And i know this and i read it in the article and i thanked the guy for the article because i never saw the article because i was gone for a long time.  Thats why i asked if anyone knew what was going on and i clearly stated i was gone a long time.

So what was the point of you bringing up either topic with your original reply?  I wasnt the 1 who said maybe it was the event rates.  I was actually saying the same thing as you.  Thus why are you giving me a smartazz reply, i already knew.

I also never said that you implied that it was the event rates.  It seems by how you are wording things, and chiding me, that you assumed that i thought it was the event.  Which theres proof that you quoted showing that that isnt the case.

Why are you saying "it is not event rates"?  I obviously know that in my post that you quoted.  By saying that you imply that i thought it may have been the event, but my post clearly shows that i knew the event had nothing to do with it.  So again, why say and start your reply with "It is not event rates"?  I obviously know this.

Then you imply that i haven't read the article that i replied to and gave a smartazz jab at the end to me.  Nowhere do you have any merit to assume i haven't read it in my reply to the guy who posted the link to the info.  I had read it and perfectly understood what was in it.  This again makes it look like your assuming i think its the event rates, which i obviously dont.

I dont know where your from or if English is your main language, but when you start a statement with "it is not event rates." that implies you believe someone thinks that it is.  Then when you say someone should of read an article that clearly states that its not the rates more carefully and you add a smartazz remark, that also implies you think that im saying or thought that it was the event rates.  Which again you quoted me clearly saying it was not the rates.  So exactly what was the purpose of your post?  Perhaps you should think of what your saying before you post.  Especially the smartazz remarks.  If youre going to chide someone, you might want to actually have merit in the reason why your chiding them or you just make yourself look like a dumbazz.

Did you even contemplate that when I said:

"its not event rates"

That maybe I was agreeing with you!

Look its obvious you're on an agenda to be rude, so good luck!

Just now, CyberAngel67 said:

Did you even contemplate that when I said:

"its not event rates"

That maybe I was agreeing with you!

Look its obvious you're on an agenda to be rude, so good luck!

Ummm, no actually.  I did not because you were being an azz from the beginning.

2 hours ago, CyberAngel67 said:

Perhaps you should have read that article a little more carefully!

#Rude #Smartazz

1 hour ago, CyberAngel67 said:

#Rude #Smartazz

Theres absolutely no reason for me to think you were on my side or agreeing with me.  Actually theres evidence to the contrary.

2 hours ago, CyberAngel67 said:

If you supposedly knew i was right and agreeing with me and if you knew that i knew it wasnt the event rates, then why would you chide me with a smartazz remark to reread the article?  The answer:  Your decently attempting to go for a save.  Truth of it is you were being an azz and it blew up in your face and now you look like an azz because of it.

Archived