Make all tunnels and ports no build zones

Observer

On 7/17/2021 at 7:37 AM, SirVantaNite said:

There's like 20 tunnels as well as a ground level tunnel. Thats next to impossible to block stuff like that off unless you are a mega tribe, and even then you'd be cutting yourself thin for no reason and literally just be wasting resources if any half decent large tribe came to counter you. 

Ok no ones talking about large tribe warfare. The discussion is about people just trying to move between the biomes.

There's only like 8 tunnels and 4 bridges per side. Setting up 12 turret towers now that duping is back and it's easier than ever to farm with the stryder is not the least bit impossible or even that difficult for an active multi member tribe. 

Besides who said that all the tunnels and bridges have to be blocked by the same tribe. On my server many different tribes have claimed various airlocks and bridges.

It's a bad system period, regardless of how hard or easy it is to block off a biome. Essential avenues between biomes should not be able to be blocked, end of story.

There's no arguement in favor of it that makes sense considering there is a gigantic map to build virtually anywhere else on. All I see is people defending it because they've probably set up in an airlock themselves. 

Nerf element to the ground on Gen 2 servers period also nerf stryders as well and reset/remove element from everyone to make it fair. I am ok with that considering how easy element is to obtain and how much i have at this time is insane. Block certain areas from building and ban anyone that finds a way around it. Easy done and done.

Armchair observation, as I do not play PvP...

I think it is a valid point to suggest that PvP isn't about the map... it is about fighting other players. King of the Hill, and all of that. Blocking off whole parts of the map would be the top of the hill and a valid part of the purpose of PvP. Again, I suggest that playing PvP isn't about playing the ARK map... it is about fighting and holding territory.

ON THE OTHER SIDE...

I would consider it PvP game breaking to allow anyone to own The HILL that is the Space Biome because of the addition of ammo boxes for Tek turrets. Once the Space biome is secured, the owning tribe or allied tribes need only fill ammo boxes with enough element than the tame cap for attacking tribes could soak. Based on the amount of element that can be exclusively harvested in Space, maintaining that state would be trivial. In effect... the opposing tribe tame all available tames to max their count, throw them at the turret walls in one spot... and still not exhaust the element ammo. In the time it takes to rebuild the soak army, the previously spent element would be more than replenished.

That is broken game design, as it is a definitive WIN... which ends the Game. Consider the map owned by the tribe(s) that accomplish this. Of course, I condition this on some assumptions in terms of ammobox capacity (which appears to be infinite) and the offending tribe(s) ability to pull it off... that is, achieve a block on all entrances. 

13 hours ago, Elijah777 said:

Nerf element to the ground on Gen 2 servers period also nerf stryders as well and reset/remove element from everyone to make it fair. I am ok with that considering how easy element is to obtain and how much i have at this time is insane. Block certain areas from building and ban anyone that finds a way around it. Easy done and done.

Strongly disagree. There comes a point where all resources become ubiquitous. Gen2 is that place for element, and if you are Tek tier, this map is your final reward. I am so enjoying this as it is my Tek utopia. It is definitely keeping me busy and entertained. Hard poly is the coin of this realm.

If the problem needs to be solved, and I THINK there is a strong case for that... then disallowing builds space and the connecting places to space would do it. But then, I don't have skin in that game so I don't consider my vote to be anything other than a thought experiment in design.

On 7/18/2021 at 6:00 PM, St1ckyBandit said:

Ok no ones talking about large tribe warfare. The discussion is about people just trying to move between the biomes.

There's only like 8 tunnels and 4 bridges per side. Setting up 12 turret towers now that duping is back and it's easier than ever to farm with the stryder is not the least bit impossible or even that difficult for an active multi member tribe. 

Besides who said that all the tunnels and bridges have to be blocked by the same tribe. On my server many different tribes have claimed various airlocks and bridges.

It's a bad system period, regardless of how hard or easy it is to block off a biome. Essential avenues between biomes should not be able to be blocked, end of story.

There's no arguement in favor of it that makes sense considering there is a gigantic map to build virtually anywhere else on. All I see is people defending it because they've probably set up in an airlock themselves. 

No, NOT END OF STORY. The very definition of playing on a Pvp server means that you restrict access you enemies. You make their life harder so life for you is easier. Makes your base safer. Its honestly a great system. Even if you get stuck on one half of the map, that one half of the maps as big as other maps. It makes your server safer from enemies, while at the same time its very realistic to raid your way into the other biome and take what you want from there yourself. Quit pouting and stop trying to get a free ride. It'd be one thing if it was literally impossible or realisticlly implausible to get through. But thats far from the case. And hell. If you do get stuck and have no way to get through you just get a teleporter down and have literally created your own tunnel from one side to the other.

On 7/25/2021 at 12:24 AM, SirVantaNite said:

No, NOT END OF STORY. The very definition of playing on a Pvp server means that you restrict access you enemies. You make their life harder so life for you is easier. Makes your base safer. Its honestly a great system. Even if you get stuck on one half of the map, that one half of the maps as big as other maps. It makes your server safer from enemies, while at the same time its very realistic to raid your way into the other biome and take what you want from there yourself. Quit pouting and stop trying to get a free ride. It'd be one thing if it was literally impossible or realisticlly implausible to get through. But thats far from the case. And hell. If you do get stuck and have no way to get through you just get a teleporter down and have literally created your own tunnel from one side to the other.

Yup definitely part of an airlock blocking tribe.

It's not impossible to get through. Thats not the point. The point is you shouldn't have to take down turret towers just to play more than half the map, not to mention do the boss fight.

It's entirely different than a tribe claiming the best metal spot on a map. You shouldn't be able to claim an entire biome, just like people did on Gen 1 before WC actually stepped up and fixed it.

Meh whatever I've already beat the boss and am done with gen 2 and ark as a whole at this point. GG 

On 6/29/2021 at 1:27 AM, Observer said:

Genesis two dlc is screwed. Stryders  are impossible  to tame without mutagel, which is cut off entirely.

All access to space biome is blocked by turrets on pvp servers. Wildcard, can't appreciate  the whole map if players can't get to areas.

No i strongly disagree, right now air locks etc are the only real PvP viable build spots and even then their trash, once transfers open up these servers im 99.9% sure will die a rapid death because of this.

• 1 month later...
On 6/29/2021 at 6:32 AM, St1ckyBandit said:

And what about if people build walls in PvE ?

You shouldn't have to engage in a full on military campaign just to play an entire half of the map. It's akin to blocking mission terminals or putting turrets that KOS teleport spawns on genesis one, the latter of which WC actually patched out because it became such an issue.

Isnt it a COC Violataion if they block it off on both sides?

Archived