Make all tunnels and ports no build zones

Observer

26 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Soak and blow them up. PvP.

And what about if people build walls in PvE ?

You shouldn't have to engage in a full on military campaign just to play an entire half of the map. It's akin to blocking mission terminals or putting turrets that KOS teleport spawns on genesis one, the latter of which WC actually patched out because it became such an issue.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, St1ckyBandit said:

And what about if people build walls in PvE ?

You shouldn't have to engage in a full on military campaign just to play an entire half of the map. It's akin to blocking mission terminals or putting turrets that KOS teleport spawns on genesis one, the latter of which WC actually patched out because it became such an issue.

I wasn't talking about PVE.

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, St1ckyBandit said:

Yeah I got that which is why the rest of the post other than the first line was about PvP

The PvE comment was just to show that allowing map wide airlock/bridge building is problematic in both modes because it's inherently a bad idea.

Well sure, allowing building like that in PVE is silly.

'WildCard.

No matter what, without exception. every gentwo pvp has every single way between area's filled with towers and deathwalls this is the same, if not worse than the gen 1 tp blocking, completely preventing players from playing, and removing any sense of fair play from the game. even worse GM Reaper ignoring his job and claiming that blocking all forms of playing the map is just normal pvp

10 hours ago, TheF00l said:

No matter what, without exception. every gentwo pvp has every single way between area's filled with towers and deathwalls this is the same, if not worse than the gen 1 tp blocking, completely preventing players from playing, and removing any sense of fair play from the game. even worse GM Reaper ignoring his job and claiming that blocking all forms of playing the map is just normal pvp

Yup the mods here seem to think blocking off half the map is no problem either. This is like the 5th thread on the issue.

I guess the game 6 years ago was perfect and nothing should be altered or designed on a map to map basis. 

That saying about painting with a broad brush stroke must also be incorrect as logic that applies to all the other wide open maps clearly is the exact same you should apply to a map with really small easy to block hallways between its biomes.

On 6/29/2021 at 2:29 AM, Joebl0w13 said:

Soak and blow them up. PvP.

May i ask what would be your approch to soaking a tek turret wall on a map that for all effective purposes has a infinite element supply and that supply spawns behind said tek wall.

you do not to seem to play pvp much do you? and the first part was a honest question how you soak all ammo out of something that for all effective porpouses has infinite ammo 100 turret limit + ammo boxes ?.

i have not yet encountered the deathwall but i fear the day i will hence why i would actualy be very intrested in a serous response like a helpfull one.

greetings

• Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, schof24 said:

May i ask what would be your approch to soaking a tek turret wall on a map that for all effective purposes has a infinite element supply and that supply spawns behind said tek wall.

you do not to seem to play pvp much do you? and the first part was a honest question how you soak all ammo out of something that for all effective porpouses has infinite ammo 100 turret limit + ammo boxes ?.

i have not yet encountered the deathwall but i fear the day i will hence why i would actualy be very intrested in a serous response like a helpfull one.

greetings

https://www.youtube.com/c/Vindactur

He'll show you how to soak anything. Anywhere.

2 hours ago, schof24 said:

greetings

Turtles are super easy to breed, they are the disposable tanks, breed up 50 or so then start chucking them at the death wall turtles also to less damage from tek turrets so....

13 hours ago, TheF00l said:

do you even play ark. can't soak a tek wall with infinite ammo. never happening

mod

It happend

no seriously why you bother tiping he will reply with it happend and dont care at this point what is the pourpose of him responding to anything even is he collecting the community feedback frowarding it to WC to see if there might be a merit in the concerns? is he jsut her to close treaths that are doubles and punish people that act like jerks ? we will never know i am not even sure he knows at that point.

to help the overworked volunter mod just let me finish with.

PVP

It happend

As you probably know, there is a crack between the walls in the corners of every tunnel area which you can zipline into, or throw in a flyer. This then gives you complete unabated access to the huge cavernous space around the tunnel walls on both sides of the tunnel. There are 2 of these cracks per tunnel, so around 16 tribes can be living inside of these holes.

These are very clearly not 'ratholes' in the traditional sense. They are fully buildable, with capped turret walls, with no option to soak or raid.

Given how few cave/base spots there are on this map, it's a real disappointment to have servers taken over by people living in the mesh. They can live and raid with impunity, knowing they can teleport in-and-out of their mesh bases without any threat.

This needs fixing immediately, and all bases in the mesh need wiping.

Our server has gone from 3 tribes built in 'outside' areas, or in the vents around lunar, to being nearly fully decimated by tribes living in the walls. These spaces are so cavernous that they are able to place literally hundreds of cloning chambers.

We have also reported countless tribes to via the ticket system, only for them to be marked as closed with the generic ticket response soon after. Clearly, we go and check the locations after, and the tribes remain; almost an implicit endorsement from the enforcement team.

If this is allowed to continue, official servers will become a joke.

On 7/7/2021 at 6:18 PM, St1ckyBandit said:

But the real question is should you have to go through all that just to play half the map...

There's like 20 tunnels as well as a ground level tunnel. Thats next to impossible to block stuff like that off unless you are a mega tribe, and even then you'd be cutting yourself thin for no reason and literally just be wasting resources if any half decent large tribe came to counter you. 

Archived