Where the hell do you find Therizinosaurus saddle BP's!

xYxBoomerxYx

8 minutes ago, xYxBoomerxYx said:

So I'm currently working my way through ark SP, I can breed a good Theri line but I desperately need  a saddle BP for them. I'm not spawning one in.. I can transfer to any map though. I've had a look at the loot pools of a few areas but just can't track the right map/area to farm. 

Any ideas? 

Those things are the most cursed saddle BP in the entire game.....first off you hit 50-100 red cave loot drops, then when you actually find one, the resource requirements per saddle is insane. So in order to equip your whole army with them, you got to spend freaking months grinding away to make em all. And lord knows that when you get going, you find a better theri saddle that requires more resources than the first one. x.x

If your invested tho, swamp cave. Water caves, and the ice cave of the brute on the island. More or less only the hard caves, and its gotta be a red drop...

With that said, a lot of people will tell you ragnorok {I think?} and hit the red loot crates there. Dunno myself, never tried to transfer "just for that one thing"
I grind em usually per map. In the case of the island....swamp seems best.

yeah, swamp cave @the island seems best. I got my first one after about 60 runs; by the time I got it, I already had 2 ascended rex saddle bps + a bunch of other ascended saddle bps. so I could have sold those & bought a theri saddle bp; but I really wanted to find one by myself. the good thing about the swamp cave is that, once you know the paths, you can get to the drops in very short time (10 minutes max per run, 3 red drops if you wait long enough in between runs). what we did was, we put down a tree platform close to the entrance, an built some beds, storage containers & feeding throughs on the platform... then, we'd just store the necessary equipment there, plus 2-3 cave runner dinos (you want to have at least one backup dino + one set of spare equipment; things can and do go wrong inside the cave sometimes, mostly because of server lag), and I'd port over whenever I felt like doing a cave run.

Archived