Extinction OSDs : does remaining health affect the quantity or quality of loot ?

Elgar

1 hour ago, Elgar said:

In other words, will the loot be the same (apart from the random factor of course) for a Red OSD with 10,000 health remaining vs a Red OSD with 90,000 health remaining ?

Yes, they'll be the same. All that matters is that you're successful, the final health of the OSD doesn't matter.

Just so you know, it does matter with the element nodes. The amount of dust & element that you get from the element nodes does depend on how much health they have left at the end of the event, so you need to figure out strategies that preserve as much health as possible.

1 hour ago, Pipinghot said:

Yes, they'll be the same. All that matters is that you're successful, the final health of the OSD doesn't matter.

Just so you know, it does matter with the element nodes. The amount of dust & element that you get from the element nodes does depend on how much health they have left at the end of the event, so you need to figure out strategies that preserve as much health as possible.

Can u explain this for me. How much healt vein have when u finished? How much u harvest? U have point there, if u referring to small ones, but not big, main one. 

1 hour ago, hud said:

Can u explain this for me. How much healt vein have when u finished? How much u harvest? U have point there, if u referring to small ones, but not big, main one. 

I don't know the exact numbers, all I can tell you is that the amount that you can harvest is reduced if the health of the element node is reduced. My guess would be that it's based on how many hit points have been lost. If you're harvesting a node and health is 270/300 that means it lost 10% of the hit points and I assume that means you get 10% less element dust - but as I say I don't know this for certain, I'm just guessing at the actual amount. All I can say for sure is that the more that they get damaged then the less resources you get.

As far as I know, that also applies to the big main one. If you finish a fight and the big main one has 9000/10000 hit points then I would bet that you get less from harvesting than if it has 10000/10000 hit points. I've never done testing to prove whether this is true or not, so if you have done testing I'd be interested in seeing your results.

On 7/5/2021 at 12:23 PM, hud said:

Nah, same thing. It goes for veins too. U always get 6k to harvest no matter how much it left on last wave

Ps: never, but really never push purple more than 7 waves, no point really, just waste of time.

Really, we got higher level Mek blueprints by pushing the waves higher or at least it seemed that way. Too small of a sample size to tell really- how did you reach that conclusion?

5 hours ago, Fox1 said:

Really, we got higher level Mek blueprints by pushing the waves higher or at least it seemed that way. Too small of a sample size to tell really- how did you reach that conclusion?

We did multiply times 70+ runs, some guys push even further, time consuming.

We got same things as we get in normal run, quantity or quality was the same. All caped bps we got from normal runs, cant tell about meks.

Like u said, maybe sample size was just small to be 100% sure. Tbh i wont even try that again

11 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

tek forcefield = zero % loss.

I tried one time and I won't do it again. Not worth it IMHO.

First, there is the start up time of 5 minutes. During that time the mobs damage it, especially if you solo the OSD and you have to move constantly.

Second, it's expensive : it needs element to run and element to be repaired. And if it's destroyed, you lose 5K metal ingots and 75 elements.

Third, the one time I used it, when it finally activated after 5 minutes, one corrupted paracer was inside the forcefield (and a part of his body was outside) and my Giga couldn't hurt him. I had to dismount and to deactivate the forcefield before being able to kill the paracer. Maybe it was a rare glitch, I don't know, but that plus the above two points, I won't try again.

I solo red OSDs with my Giga without any issue now that I'm experimented enough, and our little game with my friends on my server is to beat the record of the most remaining health. We are at 84,000 for now. 😄

On 7/5/2021 at 7:23 PM, hud said:

Nah, same thing. It goes for veins too. U always get 6k to harvest no matter how much it left on last wave

Out of curiosity, do you solo veins ? And if yes, how ? I tried with my Giga on a 50,000 vein and I failed, the vein was destroyed before the end. It's easy to circle around an OSD but it's much more difficult with a vein.

9 hours ago, Elgar said:

Out of curiosity, do you solo veins ? And if yes, how ? I tried with my Giga on a 50,000 vein and I failed, the vein was destroyed before the end. It's easy to circle around an OSD but it's much more difficult with a vein.

just ignore small ones. If u manage to do red solo u can do 50k than prety easy.

Try same thing like u do on red drop, circle it, when u are done than go outside and kill corupted which are stucked on small ones.

Corupted are less powerfull from those u get on red drop, but stronger from yelow drop. No enraged dinos too.

Stats from giga??

Archived