Jump to content

Rockwell Prime Beta - Dino Count


Recommended Posts

Right,

so we attempted the Rockwell fight.
This is just ridiculous to be honest. The game turns into a complete PowerPoint presentation when attempting this area.

Has this poop even be tested, or do you expected everyone to be playing with a few 3080Ti's in SLI for this area?
Like, seriously?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The lag is immense I agree. Probably because of all the tentacles in the room. We did the gamma fight yesterday and recorded a video. I'll post it here for those who want to see. For the record it was super easy. The spinos we have with us is average stats and most of them are breeded just to get the imprint. Only leveled in damage. No mutations and our server settings are vanilla.

If you want my say on the boss fight it is the easiest one since Megapithecus on The Island.


 

Edited by Allanballan
Link to post
Share on other sites

I absolutely agree that tactics/content wise, the fight is a joke.
We took 4 rexes and 6 Shadowmanes inside, and they utterly destroyed those tentacles in a matter of seconds, wiping out the entire room without much effort.

However due the survivetheark.pptx experience, we simply couldn't shoot properly with the mechs and react to the poison puddles fast enough what caused our death. Too much freezes and 1-2 FPS scenes simply makes our clients not react fast enough to what happens on the server.

So until this gets addressed by Wildcard, we're probably not going to bother with this fight anymore.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Olivar said:

I absolutely agree that tactics/content wise, the fight is a joke.
We took 4 rexes and 6 Shadowmanes inside, and they utterly destroyed those tentacles in a matter of seconds, wiping out the entire room without much effort.

However due the survivetheark.pptx experience, we simply couldn't shoot properly with the mechs and react to the poison puddles fast enough what caused our death. Too much freezes and 1-2 FPS scenes simply makes our clients not react fast enough to what happens on the server.

So until this gets addressed by Wildcard, we're probably not going to bother with this fight anymore.

Would you saying bringing in multiple dinos is overkill ?

My first try (not the disconnect I just failed on my own) I brought 2 mate boosted rexes and spent much of the fight trying to keep the 2nd one following close to me while I was mounted.

I ended up struggling to get around the room since those tentacles have a slowing debuff, and ultimately was killed on the 4th wave by mutated survivors after my rexes went down.

2nd try I brought a single bred shadowmane w about 20k hp and was getting around the room just fine, making quick work of the purple tentacles. Then the game froze while I was shooting the 2nd wall monster with the mek's laser.

I really feel like I would have beaten it the 2nd time because the increased mobility and not having another tame to worry about was paying dividends. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, St1ckyBandit said:

Would you saying bringing in multiple dinos is overkill ?

My first try (not the disconnect I just failed on my own) I brought 2 mate boosted rexes and spent much of the fight trying to keep the 2nd one following close to me while I was mounted.

I ended up struggling to get around the room since those tentacles have a slowing debuff, and ultimately was killed on the 4th wave by mutated survivors after my rexes went down.

2nd try I brought a single bred shadowmane w about 20k hp and was getting around the room just fine, making quick work of the purple tentacles. Then the game froze while I was shooting the 2nd wall monster with the mek's laser.

I really feel like I would have beaten it the 2nd time because the increased mobility and not having another tame to worry about was paying dividends. 

We put the majority of our dino's on Neutral and just let them had their way inside the room, didn't even bother to control them.
We just made sure everyone had one dedicated mount to get out and avoid damage. Then constantly hop between mech and mount.

untill the slideshow killed us xD

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/7/2021 at 2:52 AM, Olivar said:

We put the majority of our dino's on Neutral and just let them had their way inside the room, didn't even bother to control them.
We just made sure everyone had one dedicated mount to get out and avoid damage. Then constantly hop between mech and mount.

untill the slideshow killed us xD

How many dinos u can use there Olivar?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, xxxCIRIACOSxxx said:

How many dinos u can use there Olivar?

I honestly don't know. I've been trying to find out what the limit is, but so far been getting mixed information.
10 dino's is totally fine, I've seen a video where someone said 20, but I've also seen reports where people couldn't get teleported either with their dino's.

So....don't know yet xD

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...