My giga, what do you think?

wizard03

So after a few months of breeding with violently adjusted breeding rates, Iv gotten my first heavily mutated giga up and going. I actually did everything on this thing legit {except for egg laying speed and growth rate}. Prolly killed 100k baby gigas in the process, but I got 12 melee mutations, and one health mutation. I still got room for more if I need it, but Im thinking it needs more stamina.
I even got the saddle pre made out of a loot crate. {yeah I know its bonkers high, but it is solo play}

So give me a heads up on this. Its fully imprinted, 800% melee, 34k health. Is it good enough to defend a supply crate on extinction? I actually got two of them just in case.

http://wap.xboxdvr.com/gamer/wizardo3/video/139438271

It should be able to solo red drops. Purple drops are scary no matter how good your giga is. If its pve, corrupted dinos wont damage structures so you can surround it with gates to prevent some damage. Dinos will also get distracted attacking the gates, so you can leave one alive so you can heal your giga with owls or whatever before starting next round.

800% melee should be plenty for OSD's, should be around 1.5k after leveling, i think mine where at 670% ish base after imprint. And i had little to no issues soloing red drops (i did have 3 with me just in case though), never really bothered with purple though.

How much do you gain per stamina or health point btw ?

Because on official like stats, there really not worth the effort, looking at the melee your not on official stats so i'm kinda interested to see what kind of effect that has on it.

49 minutes ago, Thyme said:

It should be able to solo red drops. Purple drops are scary no matter how good your giga is. If its pve, corrupted dinos wont damage structures so you can surround it with gates to prevent some damage. Dinos will also get distracted attacking the gates, so you can leave one alive so you can heal your giga with owls or whatever before starting next round.

Sadly the run has been solo PvP so that I could kill off the babies that was trash....also grabbing wilds with fliers and other goodies. However I was thinking about doing some sort of whacky "wall of tek steggos I got at max level" I have not done any mutations on them, but Im getting 50k health and half decent saddles, thought maybe Id do a kongo line with them, wrap them around the drop and put them on passive, or with a dino leash. Leave them there to protect the drop, and then run around the kongo line and nibble the little guys after killing the big guys.

46 minutes ago, lordbufu said:

800% melee should be plenty for OSD's, should be around 1.5k after leveling, i think mine where at 670% ish base after imprint. And i had little to no issues soloing red drops (i did have 3 with me just in case though), never really bothered with purple though.
How much do you gain per stamina or health point btw ?
Because on official like stats, there really not worth the effort, looking at the melee your not on official stats so i'm kinda interested to see what kind of effect that has on it.

Sadly this is all after leveling.....After the imprint, I was at about 350%? I threw out a bunch of giga eggs on the hatchery, took the imprinted giga and went to the nearest explorer note, came back with a purple boost, and then chomped the babies when they popped. The 800% is after the extra levels. Now Im certain I can get it over 1000%, but at that point in time, Its going to be struggling from level to level.

As for stamina or health, I dunno. Never tried, everything with the gigga is new to me.

17 minutes ago, wizard03 said:

Sadly this is all after leveling.....After the imprint, I was at about 350%? I threw out a bunch of giga eggs on the hatchery, took the imprinted giga and went to the nearest explorer note, came back with a purple boost, and then chomped the babies when they popped. The 800% is after the extra levels. Now Im certain I can get it over 1000%, but at that point in time, Its going to be struggling from level to level.

As for stamina or health, I dunno. Never tried, everything with the gigga is new to me.

Ah so it is official like stats then, 1000% leveled would be a good starting point, mine are not fully leveled yet but are already overkill for a Red drop. The only reason i use more then just 1, is to avoid healing after each drop\fight, but technically they could solo it if you can focus the Wyverns before taking breath dmg. Just like the Dragon, the breath is the biggest problem, and can really add up over time. But they do die in a single hit, so if you pay attention its not a big problem.

It's very worth trying to at least get 20 mutations into them, i still use them on a regular basis, and have enjoyed them quite a bit as i improved the main line i have. Just be careful not to go crazy, its easy to be consumed by a Giga mutation project, and the dmg numbers are very addictive :P

And since its official like stats, forget about everything besides melee and weight, basically the only stats worth working on with Giga's.

12 hours ago, lordbufu said:

Ah so it is official like stats then, 1000% leveled would be a good starting point, mine are not fully leveled yet but are already overkill for a Red drop. The only reason i use more then just 1, is to avoid healing after each drop\fight, but technically they could solo it if you can focus the Wyverns before taking breath dmg. Just like the Dragon, the breath is the biggest problem, and can really add up over time. But they do die in a single hit, so if you pay attention its not a big problem.

It's very worth trying to at least get 20 mutations into them, i still use them on a regular basis, and have enjoyed them quite a bit as i improved the main line i have. Just be careful not to go crazy, its easy to be consumed by a Giga mutation project, and the dmg numbers are very addictive :P

And since its official like stats, forget about everything besides melee and weight, basically the only stats worth working on with Giga's.

Just killed a rock golem in SE today, I have never killed a golem with any dino before. Rocket launchers, accidentally with a canon while taming, and c-4 for the lol's, but never with a tame.....Im officially happy with what I got. :D Now I still have room on mutations, this guy only has 13 mutations in both maternal and praternal. So I still got some wriggle room for more if I need to in future lines. But honestly, I unno if I need it.

8 hours ago, gigaspinosaur said:

800% Melee? I’m still stuck grinding with my first giga at ~45% melee

Yeah, Like I said earlier, I have my breeding cranked up extra hard.....now while it still took me a month and a half of spending 12 hours a day trying to just get one mutation, the actual main purpose behind it was to give my boss fighting theris and rex line some quick and free exp.

Also, 45% melee? I had a wild 135 lvl giga and it gave me like 150% melee after taming?

2 hours ago, MMaas said:

No shame in 45%, I have a 20% melee just for the fun of it ;)
Also keep a pair of Lvl 3's for cleaning up stats.

Nah, heck the lvl 80 I had on official had 50%....didn't really know what to do with it other than hide runs. Heck I tried to level it up, but when I discovered I only got 50 health points per lvl and 5 per melee, I just kinda blahed out on them. Honestly its the mutations and imprinting that makes a giga what it can be. Without that, they are really not that great.

9 hours ago, Elgar said:

We solo red drops on Extinction with only 1 Giga who has 840% in Melee, so yes, you shouldn't have any issue. Dedicated PVP server with vanilla settings and no mods.

Ok, its sounding goodthen. As a bit of confirmation on my end, Iv started up scorched earth yesterday and one last thing I did was hit an alpha deathworm...3 bites. He didn't even have a chance to get a swing in before the fight was over......Im feeling good on these guys.

22 hours ago, wizard03 said:

Nah, heck the lvl 80 I had on official had 50%....didn't really know what to do with it other than hide runs. Heck I tried to level it up, but when I discovered I only got 50 health points per lvl and 5 per melee, I just kinda blahed out on them. Honestly its the mutations and imprinting that makes a giga what it can be. Without that, they are really not that great.

A 50% giga only has 6 points in melee.  You have a low level tamed giga and then rolled low on the attack stat too, which is the only relevant stat for a giga.  Even then it still does about as much damage as a 400% rex.

8 hours ago, Elgar said:

I forgot to add that of course the saddle is very important, you should have an ascendant one.

Msc doesnt work or what, its needs to be ascendant?

On topic now.  

U can pretty much solo red drop with 400-450% leveled giga, with better saddle for sure.  Element nodes, 50k not even a question. Only problem with red drops are enraged trikes for low meele gigas, and if u have bad luck and get 3 in a wave that can cause problems, giga will not die for sure but u will lose drop. If, somehow your giga lose way much hp, before u lose a giga just kill yourself. No render no dmg. Than just go back and take giga and stuff.

31 minutes ago, hud said:

The saddle on my 830% Giga is an ascendant one with 143 armor (I didn't enable item stat clamping on my server, so we can have saddles above 124) and I still can lose up to 10K health when I do a red OSD. My Giga has 35K. That's why I thought an ascendant saddle was necessary to be totally safe.

On 7/6/2021 at 1:03 AM, Elgar said:

I forgot to add that of course the saddle is very important, you should have an ascendant one.

Yeah, I was looking for some alpha mosa's and tuso's and I came across a BP rated for 290, mindwiped, cooked one up, and got super lucky. He is wearing like a 330? took about 50k hide and 30k metal tho. Thank god I don't have to make one for an army of them XD

18 hours ago, hud said:

On topic now.  

U can pretty much solo red drop with 400-450% leveled giga, with better saddle for sure.  Element nodes, 50k not even a question. Only problem with red drops are enraged trikes for low meele gigas, and if u have bad luck and get 3 in a wave that can cause problems, giga will not die for sure but u will lose drop. If, somehow your giga lose way much hp, before u lose a giga just kill yourself. No render no dmg. Than just go back and take giga and stuff.

Noticed nooblets haveing to deal with those things.....thinking of sacrifical spike barriers to hide behind....trike comes in, hits spikes, I kill it on the otherside of the spikes.
Also will bring sleeping bags. Those things look nasty!

9 hours ago, wizard03 said:

Noticed nooblets haveing to deal with those things.....thinking of sacrifical spike barriers to hide behind....trike comes in, hits spikes, I kill it on the otherside of the spikes.
Also will bring sleeping bags. Those things look nasty!

1 in a wave aint problem, when u got 3 or 4, and when they come from same direction, that is nasty

Spikes are nice to place, metal sign too, just spam direction from where they are coming. With that tactic we manage to do purple before few days, 6 gigas with riders, full leveled 380% dmg

Archived