stryder disappeared, but still shows up in my tribes tame count

heliantha

a few days ago, i took a harvesting stryder to gen 1, because that's where I harvest/craft most of my stuff. today, after server hopping with my char, I noticed the stryder's bed was not being shown to me as respawn option... the stryder is seemingly gone. there's no message in the tribe log. it can't have wandered off, as it was fenced in, and besides, the bed on its back would still show up in the list, allowing me to find it. however, checking our tribe's tame count, the stryder still exists and takes up 20 tame slots. (all but 3 dinos are currently in cryo, so it's really easy to verify,  and no, we don't have a skiff on gen 1 ;-)). anyway. what could have happened to the stryder, and is there any chance of getting it back?

1 hour ago, invincibleqc said:

Not necessarily. If it is in range of someone's structure that is not your ally, it will not show because you cannot spawn near your enemy's structures. Yes, even on PvE.

Man, thats going to be a huge bummer in a few months after gen 2 gets slammed with tribe after tribe. Especially with the pillar spamming

ok, quick question: the stryder was parked close to our teleporter platform, which is set to public. assuming that the stryder moved onto the platform on its own (idk why it would do that, but I've had other tames suddenly get an urge to wander a bit, so its a possibility) -- could some other player have teleported to our platform and teleported away again with the stryder? or can you only teleport your own tames? because if that happened, i think i can kiss my styder goodbye now :/

• Volunteer Moderator
10 hours ago, heliantha said:

could some other player have teleported to our platform and teleported away again with the stryder? or can you only teleport your own tames

Any tames that are on a public teleporter can be teleported anywhere by anyone regardless if the creature is their own or not.

Archived