Breeding cap question

Voidgoof

So I was gifted a level 439 dino.....if I put the 45 points in, it would be over 450....and it would despawn (on official).

Is there a way to breed a dino and utilize the points for even higher stats, but when all the points are applied ...it is below 450?

How do I breed with this?  Do I simply breed this or clone it and have those points wasted?  Or is there a way to keep the same stats and lower the overall level?

thanks....I’m confused.

What you would need to do is breed it with level 5 females to get a very low food or oxygen stat. So as an example a dino had 10k hp, 10k stam, 10k food, 10k oxy, 10k melee and born at level 450 and unable to be leveled up. If you breed with a low level female until you get lucky and get a baby that has the level 5 version of stats you don't want but the level 450 dinos stats you do want. So lets say you get 10k hp, 10k stam, 1k food, 1k oxy and 10k melee. Now the dino will be born at like level 350 (Numbers are obviously not exact as it's just an example but you get the point. However, if you were gifted a dino that high level my guess would be that they've likely already done this. If not go ahead and do that, if so you'll have to breed with something to slightly lower one of the stats that you don't need as much. High level dinos can get messy if not properly managed.

12 hours ago, Voidgoof said:

So I was gifted a level 439 dino.....if I put the 45 points in, it would be over 450....and it would despawn (on official).

It won't let you put that many points into it any more (not on Official servers), the game will simply stop you from adding levels when you hit 450.

Is there a way to breed a dino and utilize the points for even higher stats, but when all the points are applied ...it is below 450?

As long as the baby dino's are hatched/born at Lvl 450 or lower the game will allow them to exist. But let's say you've spend lots and lots (and lots) of time breeding for mutations until you have some super dino's that you want to mate together. If the baby would be hatched/born with more than 450 levels the game simply won't allow it to exist.

How do I breed with this?  Do I simply breed this or clone it and have those points wasted?  Or is there a way to keep the same stats and lower the overall level?

Yes.

You find a dino to mate with that will keep you below the Lvl 450 limit when the babies are born/hatched.

Id agree with breeding for lowered other stats....Food, oxy....heck, if you wanted, you go with a lower weight, stamina, and movement speed unless you find those to be important to that dino {such as an anky, argy, troppy, quetzel, ect. ect.}

But the good news is that the ceiling no longer destroys dino's unless its a baby that hatchs out over 450. So you should be good to go to the limit......might want a couple of eggs set back "just in case"

Archived