Changing Glider hotkey/input

DarkTheDoc

16 hours ago, DarkTheDoc said:

Is there a hotkey that can be added to input.ini and change gliding input ? I added glider mod to the tek suit and It annoys me so much cuz whenever I hit space bar to double jump or fly I begin to glide, so I wanna remap It to "C" instead of the default "space" button, any help please ?

You can edit the following file to accomplish pretty much anything having to do with keyboard mappings.

...Steam\steamapps\common\ARK\ShooterGame\Config\DefaultInput.ini

For example, if you're the kind of person who is comfortable with key combinations you could map one set of actions for F1 to F12, then another set for SHIFT-F1 to SHIFT-F12, then another set for CNTL-F1 to CNTL-F12... and so on.

You can do a lot of powerful stuff by editing that file, just be careful with it or you might create problems for yourself.

12 hours ago, Pipinghot said:

You can edit the following file to accomplish pretty much anything having to do with keyboard mappings.

...Steam\steamapps\common\ARK\ShooterGame\Config\DefaultInput.ini

For example, if you're the kind of person who is comfortable with key combinations you could map one set of actions for F1 to F12, then another set for SHIFT-F1 to SHIFT-F12, then another set for CNTL-F1 to CNTL-F12... and so on.

You can do a lot of powerful stuff by editing that file, just be careful with it or you might create problems for yourself.

Can we edit dino hotkeys in here as well? For example, I like to have pistol whip on MMB but doing that in the options menu post gen 2 wipes out the Exo Mechs RTS mode and it won't let you rebind it to a used key (ie, have MMB do both given the exo mech can't whip).

14 hours ago, VidarFeral said:

Can we edit dino hotkeys in here as well? For example, I like to have pistol whip on MMB but doing that in the options menu post gen 2 wipes out the Exo Mechs RTS mode and it won't let you rebind it to a used key (ie, have MMB do both given the exo mech can't whip).

I don't know, I've never looked for dino hotkeys in there. There are nearly 200 "ActionMappings" in the DefaultInput.ini  file, you'd have to read through the file carefully to see if they have something that does what you want.

That's still enough data to be worth looking into it myself, thank you for the info.

Update - looks like the RTS controls for the exo mech specifically are in there but no other dino commands. So I could rebind middle mouse button on pistol whip and RTS but i couldn't change x to something else without losing the ascend option on a tapajara.

Archived