Selling Dinos???

Freggel1995

Hello folks,

why are people allowed to sell dinos etc for real money??? Isnt there a way to prevent players from doing so? So many players are buying dinos and dont put effort into breeding their own creatures. Especially in pvp its a problem because people just buy the best breedlines, and they spread those lines further across the playerbase. What happens eventually is that you will only find people that bought their lines, so breeding becomes irrelevant. 

What i would do as a dev. team is to prevent using dinos when you are not in the tribe that bred those. I know you cant loot cryopods or dinos anymore but atleast most of the tames are gone then, so people have to breed new stuff. 

Better this way than 1000000 dino sellers. Its just disgusting

best regards 

1 hour ago, Freggel1995 said:

Hello folks,

why are people allowed to sell dinos etc for real money??? Isnt there a way to prevent players from doing so? So many players are buying dinos and dont put effort into breeding their own creatures. Especially in pvp its a problem because people just buy the best breedlines, and they spread those lines further across the playerbase. What happens eventually is that you will only find people that bought their lines, so breeding becomes irrelevant. 

What i would do as a dev. team is to prevent using dinos when you are not in the tribe that bred those. I know you cant loot cryopods or dinos anymore but atleast most of the tames are gone then, so people have to breed new stuff. 

Better this way than 1000000 dino sellers. Its just disgusting

best regards 

As I understand it, its ok to do on private server but not officials so if it is happening on officials you can get proof and report them. Also I have heard that photos arent enough proof you need video. 

This sort of thing can be quite hard to prevent, especially since Wildcard & most of the player base wants to maintain the ability of people to trade dinos and other stuff for in game resources. Wildcard also wants tame stealing to be a thing in PVP, given that they just released the Maewing and gave it a specific baby stealing ability. 

Tracking down the RMT on their various forums and discords, and connecting them with their in game accounts would need some serious leg work, and is not something that can be done overnight. 

Best thing you can do is report the discords that have RMT in them. Honestly though nothing is likely to happen from discord screenshots and either way the issue will never be resolved. Small tribes has unclaiming dinos turned off but it's just wayyyyyy too easy to throw someone a cryopod anyway. You are right that stealing tames and cryos should be turned off as it ruins PvP, especially on small tribes but unfortunately I doubt this will be addressed.

I think in game trading is critical to any multiplayer game. 

I mean... why even have multiplayer with strangers in ARK? It isn't a pop-up group content kind of game.

The real world sellers gather to get cash... not improve their own gameplay. The buyers just want the in-game things to improve or speed their enjoyment of the game.

You have to starve the former and feed the latter.

Right now, there is no other mechanism other than open chat to try and find the thing to buy or sell. It is way more of a hassle to try and buy the thing from a seller than it is to go to a website. From a design standpoint, they have to make a 'real money transaction more of a hassle' for the buyer than facilitating in-game purchases.

An in-game cluster wide  auction/mart that uses Hexagons. Nobody gets someone else stuff other than through that market. And you cannot transfer Hexagons. Those are huge meta changes that would  reduce real money transactions... but I I'd be shocked if they did it at this point. That is a major system that would then have to be maintained.

At that point, the '123' player would be a rare thing indeed.

Archived