Anscensions and DLC locking

Michau

Hi

Everybody knows thare needs to be different rules for PVE and PVE, so:

For PVP crossArk transfers should be enabled at the beginning, but for PVE changing map/dlc (not server) should be available after Ascending, and naturally - they could go back to previous at any time when they're visiting obelisk/terminal or such.

Example:
After Ascension (gamma/beta/alfa) on the Island players could move to Scorched Earth, but they will not be able to move to Aberration before ascending here. Naturally, after ascension they could go to servers with previous DLC's.

Same mechanic as in other RPG when new land is blocked before finishing main quest or such.

It can be blocked by story line, or it could discourage players by putting creatures that  are too hard to kill or tame or you'll need a specific item - for example implant with specific anscension

What do you think?

2 hours ago, Uzume said:

And what if I don't like a certain expansion, I am completely blocked from proceeding to new content. While I can see what you were trying to suggest it just wouldn't work out well.

Exactly, this is the worst trait of such idea, but on the other hand the reward would be in satisfaction that comes from free movement between the maps.

People could focus on creating a community rather than single-player tribes scattered on whole map

Archived