Lost Island map.

Yggdrassil

Most of us has heard about the new map coming soon™

I was wondering others views as personally i would love it to be a 'primitive' map up to metal tier but without any tek, including 'tek creatures' (manas, space things etc) just a proper ark original dino map. I love the convenience of tek, but i would love to go back to a dinosaur game, not sci-fi space shooter, which is impossible to play on official now.

I don't know if i'm alone on this thought, but does anyone else share this view?

Hi @Yggdrassil, I take it from your post that there are no primitive plus official servers? 

Honestly I personally don't know. I haven't been to an official server for like 2 years or so, maybe a little more. This makes it hard to follow up. I have seen your posts elsewhere and those I have read, found it to bring an interesting view on topics.

With that said, since I play on a private server, unofficial but fully vanilla (not even 2x rates), having tek or not is something I can set up on my end. I can't play without Tek as I love it and its part of my "Transformers G1" vibe, but when I venture into a new map I did notice I go with Metal armour and stone tech tiers.

So I can relate to some extent to the question you make, but I will obviously go full tek eventually, always have. I love that "age progression", it is part of where my fun personally is.

So, as long as I got options to configure my servers, I am fine and it is really a non-issue to me and my friends. I remember I had a friend that wanted all annoyances gone for a month, so we removed creatures like Thyla, Pego, yornis, Microraptor, etc... It was actually nice for a change, but I did revert to vanilla. 

While I love Tek, and I hope to see the Tek Mosa eventually coming not as a skin, but as an actual spawn, there are times I do want to see them and times I could deactivate them. So I will just move the creature spawns so they don't show up. Its a boring and clumsy process really, I could go with two server options like "enable tek creatues" and "enable annoyances" as opposed to messing with each spawn manually so I could just "flip a switch" as I load up the servers for that day.

With that said, I love dinos of course and that was and still is my main driver. I really liked the new creature announced, I also liked that the other 2 will also be based off of real animals/fossil records. I was really hoping for another tyrannosaurid that could be between Giga and Rex, but Wildcard has been positively surprising me for the past 18 months, so I will defer to their judgement. I do prefer dinosaurs as opposed to mammals though, nothing against them either, but I cannot ever have enough dinosaurs. LOL.

Also, I cannot stress this point enough, but for me pesonally, I played Solo PVP, Tribe PVP and even Large Tribe PVP, as well as PVE and no offline raiding, all on official. I did so for several months and enjoyed it, but after I went unofficial, playing on our own servers, I just can't go back. To me Ark will forever provide the best experience with private servers with smaller groups, solo even. If I was younger, no job, kids and just school, then yeah, I can see myself going totally crazy with Official, but time is something I need to manage and Ark is a 24/7 job, lol.

My two cents in response to your question. Cheers!

My advice as similar to above, if you really want that type of experience for all primitive and to customize as you wish, find a good group on here of like minded ppl, rent a server and customize it fully to your group.  Then you can change every aspect, dinos, levels, tiers engrams, etc.  Then share the cost of the server.

I am hoping for this as well. Simply don't have a boss fight and don't allow dust or tek items to be transferred in. The game is severely lacking a primitive mode at the moment seeing as old primitive servers were not carried over from legacy and primitive plus is a complete disaster that takes 30 minutes to even load into, among many other issues. Also, now with genesis 2 you can grind a skiff, forcefield other crazy tek items in less than a day on 1x rates. Would be a great change of pace and I imagine very popular if people could transfer their characters in for primitive PvP and if they get bored they can also transfer back to the Tek maps.

Archived