R-Giga despawning

Giorgino87

3 hours ago, GyroSoccer said:

We have done numerous dino wipes and it does not fix the issue.  They just never spawn.

I'd say you just aren't finding them.   They can spawn on either side of the dividing channel and also on either side of the space divide.   Often deep in canyons or under trees they can be hard to see. 

Either that or someone is just killing them every time they spawn.

2 hours ago, Tanchyon said:

I'd say you just aren't finding them.   They can spawn on either side of the dividing channel and also on either side of the space divide.   Often deep in canyons or under trees they can be hard to see. 

The problem is not about spawning. Is about despawning. After we found them, they both despawned after 5 minutes. Not enough to tame. We will try again...

8 hours ago, Tanchyon said:

Nah that is not the case.  We have S+ installed and can scan for dinos and we have only about 5 or 6 people that are all friends playing on the server.  We have never had one on the server since Genesis 2 came out.  I am wondering if we are experiencing the despawn issue mentioned above.

On 6/30/2021 at 5:40 PM, Giorgino87 said:

Yesterday my tribe was trying to tame a wild R-Giga. We did not success, as 3 out of 3 attempts we made, thw wild giga despawned in front of our own eyes while we werew trying to trap it. Any suggestions?

Creature can despawn if you block them completely preventing them from moving, for example placing gate/pillar in middle of their body. Hard to achieve with giga, but probably doable. For giga trapping you could try metal dino gates placed in П shape with one gate behind it after it runs into the trap, that if you havent tried it yet :)

On 7/2/2021 at 11:27 PM, GyroSoccer said:

Nah that is not the case.  We have S+ installed and can scan for dinos and we have only about 5 or 6 people that are all friends playing on the server.  We have never had one on the server since Genesis 2 came out.  I am wondering if we are experiencing the despawn 

(this might be a dumb question, just asking to be sure) 

Are you scanning for r-gigas specifically? When I scan i consistently have 2 or 3 r-gigas on my map. I consistently have no regular gigas. 

I have been taming them to try for good stats, and I consistently tame or kill them in the top left of the map. There is always one between the 24,10 and 24,28 area. 

On 7/5/2021 at 8:12 AM, ZyraSeedling said:

(this might be a dumb question, just asking to be sure) 

Are you scanning for r-gigas specifically? When I scan i consistently have 2 or 3 r-gigas on my map. I consistently have no regular gigas. 

I have been taming them to try for good stats, and I consistently tame or kill them in the top left of the map. There is always one between the 24,10 and 24,28 area. 

Yes I was scanning for R-gigas and R-Reaper Queens specifically.  Btw I just figured out the issue last night.  The server dino count needs to be at least 1.0 for them to spawn.  The server dino count on my server was at 0.5 and it was preventing them from spawning.  As soon as I set it to 1.0 I saw 1 R reaper queen and 3 R gigas.

Archived