Egg incubator cannot produce twins or triplets

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, MMaas said:

It's an ARK thing. You only get triplets when low on pods and food while in a hurry to log off.

But  you do get twins and triplets from incubators, as much as when using ac's or dimetrodons.

Seriously, I think unexpected triplets would stress me out more than anything else. Especially particularly voracious babies 😬

On 6/30/2021 at 2:49 PM, temporeeoacountio said:

Server or singlepayer? I play on offical and everyone on my cluster is complaining about no twins or triplets from the incubator. I've hatched a few hundred since gen 2 has come out and only ones i pull for ac wall have ever produced twins or more.

I dont even get twins/tris on shadowmanes even if i have bred thousands of them already... i think the mechanic is bugged at least on official servers.

//EDIT 

Nobody on my whole official gen2 server has ever seen any kind of multiples there since the release of gen2.

On 7/1/2021 at 3:33 PM, Piffguru said:

LMAO if you somehow think that Cedric... wildcards community manager.. is less credible in some way by saying hes not really a "dev" and still think its somehow possible that the unicorn does ANYTHING other than be a reskinned equus then the tin foil hat is strong with you and logic is beyond you.

Since we all know that communication is a strongpoint of the company and they know exactly what they are doing... Nevermind... :P

8 hours ago, Campi said:

So to summarize: People have seen twins on xbox and crossplay officials and unofficials. Has anyone seen multiples on steam/epic pc versions since gen2 release?

Not yet on my dedicated servers (Steam version, vanilla, no mods), and we do a lot of breeding. It seems bugged indeed, or at least the chances to get twins / triplets are way slimmer !

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, iAgnehole said:

Ive got 2 sets of twins from giga eggs today and triplet shadowmanes so youve probably just been unlucky

PC/Steam version ? Or console ? Because on my PC/Steam vanilla dedicated servers (no mods at all) we didn't get twins or triplets once since Gen 2 release, and we do A LOT OF breeding.

We use the Egg Incubators on Extinction, not on Gen 2, if that matters, but it shouldn't.

1 hour ago, Bladesong said:

People have been discussing this since Gensis 2 launched. It's all random. On official Xbox crystal isles I've gotten several twins and triplets out of the incubators however on Gensis 2 I haven't had a single twin.

According to this thread and to the other one, Xbox players get twins and triplets out of the incubators, but no confirmation from PC/Steam players.

So it seems the issue is with the PC/Steam version.

• Volunteer Moderator
5 hours ago, Ganelon said:

I have not gotten twins or trips. I've been exclusively hatching from the incubator on either Gen2 or CI maps. I've hatched over 40 eggs, which statistically should have had 4 with multis.

PC/Steam version.

Well... statistically, you had about a 33% chance of getting trips after 40 attempts.

That's assuming there is a 1% chance of getting trips each time you tried.

Probability(u): u=1-(1-L)^N

L=probability rate (1%)

N=number of trials (40)

So, u=1-(1-0.01)^40

1-(0.99)^40

1-0.668

0.332 or about 33.2% of a chance of getting trips, at least once, after 40 trials.

• Volunteer Moderator
43 minutes ago, Elgar said:

@Joebl0w13 Twins are normally a 10% chance and triplets a 2%, IIRC. Certainly not 1%.

Anyway, we hatched hundreds of eggs with Egg Incubators and we didn't get twins or triplets a single time, so obviously there is an issue for Steam version (since Xbox users confirmed they got twins/triplets).

Simple change:

L=probability rate (2%)

N=number of trials (40)

So, u=1-(1-0.02)^40

1-(0.98)^40

1-0.445

0.555 or about 55.5% of a chance of getting trips, at least once, after 40 trials.

1 hour ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Well... statistically, you had about a 33% chance of getting trips after 40 attempts.

That's assuming there is a 1% chance of getting trips each time you tried.

L=probability rate (1%)

N=number of trials (40)

So, u=1-(1-0.01)^40

1-(0.99)^40

1-0.668

0.332 or about 33.2% of a chance of getting trips, at least once, after 40 trials.

Of course, the math gets more complicated if you are looking at the odds of getting twins OR trips in those 40 attempts, but you get the gist.

I was under the impression that it was a 10% chance for some multi.

Mind you, I have no idea where I got that impression. ;)

5 hours ago, Elgar said:

PC/Steam version ? Or console ? Because on my PC/Steam vanilla dedicated servers (no mods at all) we didn't get twins or triplets once since Gen 2 release, and we do A LOT OF breeding.

We use the Egg Incubators on Extinction, not on Gen 2, if that matters, but it shouldn't.

This was on gen2 offical xbox pve server. And the eggs were hatched through the eggincubator. Might be something sketchy on pc then since i hatched several twins and triplets on xbox since gen2 release.

Archived