Buff T-rex and nerf Giga! Make things more scientificaly accurate.

reidrigo

Suggestion

On the last few days I was watching some videos about my favorite dinossaurs (T-rex, Spino and Giga), and as you guys expect, Ark players commenting are common, and only thing that I noticed is how the Ark game are making a scientific disfavor for the community. 
Before I started to watch that videos, I was believing that Giga was a giant monster unbeatable by any other dinosaur due to how it is retrated on Ark, but its not the truth. Giga wasnt much bigger than T-rex, was skinnier, lighter, dumbier, with a weaker bite and probably wouldn't stand a chance in a 1v1 fight against the Rex despite being represented as the strongest dino on Ark.

In other hand, I wasn't giving too much to Rex, but I discovered why its called as king by scientists: It was insanely strong, bulky, heavy, intelligent as a chimp, with a eyesight as good as a hawk, and a incredible olfactory capabilities.

The problem is that im not the only one who was being dumb believing in Ark representations, as I noticed on comments, tons of people are using ark as a knowledge source (they dont should, but they dont know that). I believe that Ark devs have a responsibility here for represent the things as the scientific sources show, and dont just do random things like a unbeatable Giga and a weak, slow and dumb Rex. 
I know, it takes some research and Im sure that people can point inaccurate others things, but its really worth to keep misleading kids and people who aren't so interested in the dinosaurs things? 

Btw, based on what I studied on the last few days, I can suggest how they can be on the game now: 

Giga: 
- Much smaller size, but still taller than Rex.
- Social behavior, buff if hunting with others Gigas (Giga was a social dino who hunted in groups)
- A big nerf on the bite damage, but a buff on the bleeding damage (Giga's teeths wasnt made for break bones like Rex, they dont even had bite force for that, but for cut things like a knife and make the prey bleed to death)
- A big nerf on his HP (especially wild gigas) since giga wasn't really bulky for tank that amount of damage
- A sniffing ability for finds preys or specific dinos 

T-Rex: 
- A health recuperation buff, since Rex was incredible efficient to heal injuries
- The capacity to break stone constructions with his incredible bite 
- Inflict "injured" debuff after bite the enemy
- A ability to see in greater distances (like a zoom or something) and/or a sniffing ability for finds preys or specific dinos 
- A smarter behavior, as foccus his aggressor instead of the closest creature, and a more cautelous behavior while hunting, like stalk the prey instead of just walk making noise and roaring

With that nerf, Giga would be more scientific accurate but still a good DPS dino, while fictional creatures like the reaper and dragons will become the strongest, but its "ok", since we cant state facts about fictional creatures. And Rex would be a more useful dino instead of just a big tank.  

Thanks for read. 

0 replies to this server topic

There have been no replies to this suggestion yet

Archived