My Feelings On The Lost Island Creature Submissions

Cenar

Yeah, I'm pretty sure originally advertising your own suggestion if you were a content creator wasn't allowed. But for some reason wildcard removed that rule. Which is one of the dummest Ideas you could possibly have. Now we have thing like the Sinomacrops where a youtube pretty much told his subscribers to vote for it. (Which is easy to tell, because when it was first posted it didn't have a single negative comment despite just reall by an Archaeopteryx that keeps you warm.) It's just flat out scummy and disrespectful towards anyone who Isn't a content creator. I hope Wildcard legitimitly back track this and put that rule back. It's just gonna cause alot of backclash if a 2 merged thread where, neither of them were even in the top ten suddenly have almost over 1000 votes when it was first posted now, It just straight up has over 3000 votes. I really hope wildcard sees how much of a mistake removing that rule was.

The problem isn't Youtubers talking about the suggestions. The problem is that one specific youtuber (nexxuz) just told his subcribers to vote for his suggestion, that being the sinomacrops. But it's probably not gonna matter, since wildcard said they that the most voted one doesn't have to be the winner. Instead they'll pick one out of the top ten.

I agree with the OP. I also find it irritating that people are acting like it's even possible for another creature to take number one after the YouTuber highjacked it. Thousands of bots and day old accounts can't be contested by legitimate community members. It'll be up to the devs in the end, but I reeeeeeeally hope they don't choose that one just because it got so many votes. Even if it were something interesting I would probably call it out, but I don't see why we need another archaeopteryx that's going to just end up cluttering bases once people realize it has hardly any function.

42 minutes ago, droidcommander said:

Just so everyone knows Wildcard have said that they will be picking one of the top ten dinosaurs obviously this still include the sinomacrops. But I don't think they'll consider it since most people don't want another shoulder pet.

I think the problem is that what "most people" want will matter little to Wildcard when weighted against the disproportionate amount of votes that the squirrel received. There's no way they don't know what's going on, but they might not want to risk upsetting the guy's whole fanbase (I would definitely be conflicted about adding it or not if I were in their shoes).

9 hours ago, DodoRaptor said:

I think the problem is that what "most people" want will matter little to Wildcard when weighted against the disproportionate amount of votes that the squirrel received. There's no way they don't know what's going on, but they might not want to risk upsetting the guy's whole fanbase (I would definitely be conflicted about adding it or not if I were in their shoes).

But there's the fact that most of the people who voted for standard submitted creatures would be understandably upset. (Which are probably around the same amount as the people who voted for the Sinomacrops). So really if they choose the Sinomacrops most people that actually play would be quite upset and if they don't choose to add it then a smaller community and one guy who makes videos will be angry either way they'll get some sort of back clash for choosing or not choosing the sinomacrops.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/7/2021 at 2:07, droidcommander said:

El problema no son los Youtubers hablando de las sugerencias. El problema es que un youtuber específico (nexxuz) acaba de decirle a sus suscriptores que voten por su sugerencia, que son los sinomacrops. Pero probablemente no importará, ya que el comodín dijo que el más votado no tiene por qué ser el ganador. En su lugar, elegirán uno de los diez primeros.

aver te lo explico asi de simple Nexxuz dijo que votaramos cualquiera pero la comunidad de Nexxuz voto ese y yo soy parte de esa comunidad y que tu allas votado uno con menos voto no es la culpa de nexxuz

Archived