Xbox Save Data Inaccessible/Wiped

Jen

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess I'm more confused as to why this is only happening to player dedicated's. What are some differences between the official servers and xbox servers? Hardware and server settings? Or are there some coding differences as well? I've never played on an official server, but I've never heard of anyone complaining about NPC counts being out of control, so that is interesting to me. Is there an issue with the autosave feature? As in Xbox servers just don't have the processing power to save so much data quick enough, which ends up corrupting the file? The NPC count, while still an annoying bug, may not be the root of the issue. I used to be up-to-date on all of this stuff, but technology has far passed me by so I am certainly no expert. Just trying to throw out some logical ideas.

@Jeremy Stieglitz

20 hours ago, EpicChiller said:

@Doggxs we wiped the Dinos 4h ago before we restart. They respawn as quick as they are wiped .. But we spawned a Gorilla as an event and after it died we restarted without wipeing. Maybe that is why they spawned so much. (Because the Gorilla spawns little Monkeys and we think when they died other Dinos spawned instead )

You know, I wonder if the eventual out of control spawns results from killing off bugs? I seem to kill those in the hundreds when they swarm and given a period of 3-4 days I can see my server killing off tens of thousands of bugs. I wonder if other dinos that don't die as easy are spawning in their place (aka Fliers and Fish) in addition to the bug population respawning as well.

-----

I copied and pasted this from another thread that I replied to in regards to the same problem to get it here. Just another idea. Sorry for so many posts, but now that you have acknowledged the issue I really will do everything in my power to get it corrected. I seriously love this game and want nothing more than to be able to play it with my friends. I'm bringing my server back up when I get home from work today and we will hopefully be playing all weekend on it. I doubt I will be able to discover something that hasn't already been discovered, but I will keep my eyes open.

-----

Everyone also seems to be crashing at Underwater_near. If that helps at all.

On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 10:01 AM, MrWh1skers said:

You know, I wonder if the eventual out of control spawns results from killing off bugs? I seem to kill those in the hundreds when they swarm and given a period of 3-4 days I can see my server killing off tens of thousands of bugs. I wonder if other dinos that don't die as easy are spawning in their place (aka Fliers and Fish) in addition to the bug population respawning as well.

-----

I copied and pasted this from another thread that I replied to in regards to the same problem to get it here. Just another idea. Sorry for so many posts, but now that you have acknowledged the issue I really will do everything in my power to get it corrected. I seriously love this game and want nothing more than to be able to play it with my friends. I'm bringing my server back up when I get home from work today and we will hopefully be playing all weekend on it. I doubt I will be able to discover something that hasn't already been discovered, but I will keep my eyes open.

-----

Everyone also seems to be crashing at Underwater_near. If that helps at all.

When I started getting kicked to dashboard It was always while loading TheCenter_Underworld_Near file. It's true that is when it happened to me

• 2 weeks later...

After the latest update, v737.0, my xbox private dedicated server will not load game at all, playing The Center map.  When the progress bar gets to loading the "underworld near" it will crash back to the dashboard.  I tried all the tricks from when I was getting timed out when I was playing on an official public server, but nothing worked.  My tribe mates and I have rebuilt and tamed after the last update wipe and we aren't keen on redoing the hundreds of hours again.  Will there be a hotfix or an additional update in the (very) near future?

3 hours ago, heyskra said:

After the latest update, v737.0, my xbox private dedicated server will not load game at all, playing The Center map.  When the progress bar gets to loading the "underworld near" it will crash back to the dashboard.  I tried all the tricks from when I was getting timed out when I was playing on an official public server, but nothing worked.  My tribe mates and I have rebuilt and tamed after the last update wipe and we aren't keen on redoing the hundreds of hours again.  Will there be a hotfix or an additional update in the (very) near future?

I'm having the exact same problem. Any suggestions??? Please help. 

Has there been any further news about this? Jeremy posted they were trying to get a hot fix patch out soon, but that was over 2 weeks ago. It's definitely still not fixed because my player dedicated server crashed just 2 days ago. It'd be nice if I could give my loyal players more info than "Wildcard doesn't seem to have a fix, yet". 

Some quick info i discovered when my server crashed to dashboard last week.
I have tried communicating this to Wildcard on several occasions, not sure if they have seen my information. 

I am nearly sure that this bug is not generated by ANYTHING admins or players do in-game on the servers. This is a bug in the save-game software, and probably a bug in the "return to main menu"-function in the admin panel. 

Why? Because of how my server crashed. 

- Last week i restarted the server one morning, we do restarts on a regular basis.
 - Normally when i restart I always do this:

1. Warn players in-game.
  2. Exit to game menu trough admin panel.
  3. Restart XBOX One.
  4. Go to network settings, go offline then online again.
  5. Load the server.

- When I restarted last week, it loaded up fine with no problems. However I had forgot to do step 4, witch made everyone unable to join the server. 
 - So I had to do another restart, only a few minutes after the first one. 
 - When restarting this time, i didn't bother to restart the XBOX One, i just went to step 4 and then loaded the server. 

This time, it crashed to dashboard. 

So i preformed two restarts, with an identical setup in game. Since no-one was able to join, every item, dino, tame, structure, player and EVERYTHING was in the same exact position, level, quantity etc on both restarts. Still, the first restart worked fine but the second crashed my server to dashboard. 

Please wildcard! See this info! And look into the code you are using for savegames and return to main menu!

Also! We need a backup option. All of my other games are saved online on XBOX Live, and all of my other games support multiple savegames. Why not use similar functions for ARK savegames? I would only need two savegames, one that is 24 hours old and one that is up to the latest moment in game, and we should be able to store them on memory-drives or other harddrives, so that they could be transferred back to the server XBOX, or another XBOX, if anything should happen. 

On 7/1/2016 at 0:05 AM, jagilki said:

I love the game, but I may just have to hold off on anymore playing until this gets fixed.  I just can't keep re-starting because the server I play on crashes every other week. 

I'm with you on that one. In saving my "The Island" map save hoping they fix the issue and can recover all my work. Until then, I'll just keep restarting The Center. Next patch hopefully gives us backup saves at least. 

On ‎5‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 11:20 PM, Jen said:

Hey Xbox Survivors,

I have some bad news that I am sadden to have to share tonight. Upon the v735 Xbox patch update, it was made aware to us that The Center single player, non-dedicated, and player dedicated saved data on Xbox was no longer accessible. 

Until we are able to get a patch approved, single-player save data will remain inaccessible and new single-player data will not save any time you close the game. However, we think it is likely that when this is patched you will be able to gain access your single-player saves again. They are currently inaccessible as the file path to load the save data is incorrect.

However, the same is unlikely for player dedicated servers. For you this is unfortunately a one-time wipe for all player dedicated servers, as much as we wish this were not the case. We will be looking into this to see if there are any other options, and are investing resources into any and all attempts to counteract this. New saved data on player dedicated servers will save properly.

To be clear: single player and local data should be retrievable once a patch is pushed early next week (aim is Monday) but player dedicated servers will likely not be recoverable. 

This is a disappointing set back for us and to all of you as well, and it really sucks and we're very sorry that it happened. We will continue to work harder to prevent a situation like this occurring in the future. 

Much love,

Wildcard Jen & The ARK: Survival Evolved Team

Jen,

We're losing our data again with v738.2. It seems to keep loading the point where the update was applied. Nothing will save after that. I don't know if it's just from the update or, from using the "backup save data". Either way, we're losing many hours again. I'm sure you'll see numerous posts on this topic.

Thanks

Hey if anyone is paying attention this is where the glitch started for Xbox and this is what wild card is trying to fix, so it has nothing to do with anything in the new update or the distance you travel, it is nothing more than the autosave, I know because all the issues that ppl are complaining about didn't come from the 738 update it came from the patch to fix the save issue from this one.

chill out and let them fix the issue

So our dedicated on the center was running fine until 738...and our server would not auto save any more past one point. Everyone kept loosing their progress so we hosted the isle instead...well everything was fine for 4 days, and then when the xbox hosting it had to come down to update some settings, and we re launched it, it reverted back 2 days! Dedicated Server Auto Save is BROKE again. Hosting this on PC never had an issue cause I had more control over my auto saves, and did my own back ups...I think the new backup feature that they added with 738 was a waste of time because it did nothing to avert this. We can't keep hosting a server where everyone looses their progress every time they play. This has ruined our game twice in 1 week. If this has been going on since May 20th then that's almost 2 months of this autosave feature randomly not working. Hope this can be fixed asap.

14 hours ago, TotalanARKist said:

I wonder how hard it would be to save on our Xbox one instead of the servers ?

What do you mean?  It IS saved on our Xbox one.  Or are you referring to how the Xbox uses the cloud to store save data?  If that's the case, you should know that the saves ARE stored locally AND on the cloud at the same time.  If you log in to another xbox, your saves are downloaded locally to that xbox.

11 hours ago, plb39 said:

Happened to me for the first time last night (7/12/16).  Player dedicated xbox one server went down due to power outage.  Lost days, if not weeks, worth of server up time.  Please advise.

Advise you on what?  It's been known this has been happening.  It's why many people shut down their own servers for the last week.  The fix has been sent to MS.  Not much more can be said other than "sorry for your loss" but if you've known of the crashing issue since the last patch but have kept playing you knew the risks.

• Jerryn unpinned this topic
  • Jerryn locked this topic

Archived