Xbox Save Data Inaccessible/Wiped

Jen

16 hours ago, sickyallstar11 said:

Stop whining about people whining 

Go look up what whining aka moaning means before throwing it around. like that.

I am by no means whining. I am enlightening people and debating. Slandering, moaning and name calling have no place on any forum.

Sadly, it seems common sense and logic is wasted on a lot of people here, so i'll leave it at that. I've already said my piece about it.

I'll conclude, that a lot of people on these forums are way too touchy and can't stand getting facts slapped in their faces. Such is the online generation, i guess. :)

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, simsto said:

Yeah you can join us! You will find more information about the server here, but please note that we dont usually use admin cheats unless there is a special event, this was a special case since the server got wiped because of the last patch. 

That is fine I just prefer a Ark where the gather rate is higher and the exp rate is a little higher than normal

On 5/22/2016 at 7:18 AM, MeSDatGeek said:

There is a HUGE difference in personal opinions, criticism and down-right moaning about stuff you knew could happen in a game currently in Alpha stages of development.

Whining about losing stuff in a game that is currently in development says a lot about everyone who keeps moaning. To me, it tells me that those people are suffering from what i call, the self-entitlement syndrome.

Instead of moaning about issues in a game currently in Alpha, people should focus more on supporting the developer by giving constructive feedback, suggestions and REPORT THE BUGS THEY FIND. That IS, after all, why people (at least should be) buy Early Access titles, be it on Steam and/or other platforms.

Moaning about issues in a game in Alpha stages never helps. Hence i suggested that people who're moaning about these issues need to stop buying games in Alpha/Early Access/Game Preview, period. They have no idea of what they are getting themselves into, and most of them simply ignore the warning on the store page(s), that specifically tells them "NOT TO BUY THE GAME UNLESS YOU WANT TO SUPPORT THE DEVELOPER AND GIVE FEEDBACK."

There is no defending IGNORANCE..

And that is exactly the problem and why people are complaining, but obviously you can't see that, can you?

20 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Exactly. The problem is people feel entitled to a finished game when they are playing an alpha/Game Preview.

Spot on!

Sadly, though. It is simply pointless to even try and explain it to them. Trust me, i've tried, not only for this game, but countless other games, and each generation of self entitled gamers increases each year, sadly. Must be a lot of spoiled kids out there.. So used to be getting what they want in real life, they expect to get their way with everything they come in contact with..

I wonder when the servers removed officials will return , as 30 will have an update and the players of these official servers will not have a chance to withdraw from their bases important harvested items , tenhp 3 bases in server PVE 305 of which one is on ice . I wanted a position of return and hope our dinos do not receive clain , please!!

I had some of my 15+ users on my dedicated server last night start telling me they were getting "incorrect password". I restarted the server and now it keeps kicking me to dashboard when loading the center map. The funny thing is that my server had worked fine for a week (since 735 and 736 were installed) even with 2 restarts until last night. I have a bad feeling that I am going to need to wipe the server.

Some things I have tried are unplugging the XB1, restoring default settings, and change the password (the password change never took effect) and each time nothing helped.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I really don't want to shut the server down until the game is officially released (if it ever gets released) or even permanently....... but I am frustrated enough to possibly have to make that choice.

Oh and save the "it's still alpha blah blah blah" I know that already.

Thanks in advance

Yep. Just started happening to me again last night. 3rd time rebuilding this is so frustrating. Why did I but another xbox? Running my own server I just not working like I had hoped. I love this game an they have come to far. But DILO is going on. This is lame an I have 25+ survivors just in the dark have no idea what's up. Going to have to back to the island I guess. What can we dedicated owners do???????? Helppppp??????

I sent out a mass message yesterday to all of my players that I was going to run a dino wipe, save the world, and bring down our Center save until I knew more information about it. Thankfully all of that was successful (I think), so we will see if we get to keep it or not. I loaded The Island back up but no-one really played last night, go figure.

I guess dedicated server owners are just red-headed stepchildren. If they remain silent about the issue again tonight then I may just give up on the game altogether, which is a shame. I haven't been captivated by a game like this since WoW 10 years ago. Pre-release or not, if your studio is going to treat us like this at such a crucial time in development then it doesn't bode well for the future and I want no part of it. I've been ridden hard and put up wet enough in my real life and I refuse to let it happen in the place that I go to get a reprieve from it all. Quite literally all we want is someone to come on the forums and spend 3 minutes to at least say "Hey guys, we know there is a problem. We have no clue what's going on, but I promise we are working on it." It's just good business... It's mind-boggling to see someone post such a detailed write-up yesterday that probably took 2+ hours to compose, but still remain so silent about a serious issue like this. Especially when us dedicated server hosts have been pretty patient about it when you take into consideration the magnitude of the issue and how long it has been going on. A week is a very long time in this industry when there are problems; I feel like I shouldn't have to tell a veteran group of developers that... We haven't bashed your game. We haven't taken things personally. We haven't thrown irrational, hate-filled tantrums, nothing. The most I can be accused of is calling you a cricket. The most Ricky can be accused of is spamming the forums with questions of "where are you!?" Same with the others. So I repeat and speak for hundreds and maybe even thousands of your more rational player-base.... WHERE ARE YOU!?

• Administrator

We are looking into it and will try to resolve it and deploy a patch hotfix ASAP. This is a tricky one because we are not reproducing it internally. " It's mind-boggling to see someone post such a detailed write-up yesterday that probably took 2+ hours to compose " -- can you link me to that? 

I presume all these servers are TheCenter servers? What are the NPC counts like before they go down?

34 minutes ago, Jeremy Stieglitz said:

We are looking into it and will try to resolve it and deploy a patch hotfix ASAP. This is a tricky one because we are not reproducing it internally. " It's mind-boggling to see someone post such a detailed write-up yesterday that probably took 2+ hours to compose " -- can you link me to that? 

I presume all these servers are TheCenter servers? What are the NPC counts like before they go down?

That is what I'm referring to, and whether he is the one that deals with this or not is moot because those 5 sentences (including the passive aggressive one) is all it takes to chill everyone out. I am certainly not going to get into a urinating match with you of all people, so let's just move on and I appreciate you finally replying.

My server is The Center. The dashboard crashing issue that happened on update 735 I have little information on, but I know the number of fish and the number of Argy's on the floating island was out of control. I have not had this error on 736 because I've brought my server down to prevent from having the issue. I monitored it for a couple of days before bringing it down and my normal dino counts seemed to run around 35,000. I am unsure of what my dino count was when people could not connect to the server, but I do know that there were thousands of Pteranadon's at the mouth where the two rivers converge in the swamp, sorry no coordinates. Please let me know if I can be of any more help.

------

@EpicChiller @ARKServer716 @Rickyh24 @N1NJAM005E @Jacobs135 

45 minutes ago, MrWh1skers said:

That is what I'm referring to, and whether he is the one that deals with this or not is moot because those 5 sentences (including the passive aggressive one) is all it takes to chill everyone out. I am certainly not going to get into a urinating match with you of all people, so let's just move on and I appreciate you finally replying.

My server is The Center. The dashboard crashing issue that happened on update 735 I have little information on, but I know the number of fish and the number of Argy's on the floating island was out of control. I have not had this error on 736 because I've brought my server down to prevent from having the issue. I monitored it for a couple of days before bringing it down and my normal dino counts seemed to run around 35,000. I am unsure of what my dino count was when people could not connect to the server, but I do know that there were thousands of Pteranadon's at the mouth where the two rivers converge in the swamp, sorry no coordinates. Please let me know if I can be of any more help.

------

@EpicChiller @ARKServer716 @Rickyh24 @N1NJAM005E @Jacobs135 

Our npc Count seems to stay around 38000

2 hours ago, Jeremy Stieglitz said:

I haven't posted in this thread yet but I'm having similar problems to what others have said earlier. However this seems to be affecting (at least for me) both the Island and The Center player dedicated saves. This is what I wrote in a support ticket and it was said it was forwarded to the devs but I'm going to repost it here just to be safe.

"Hi 
Thank you for replying. I had a player dedicated server on the map The Island that was played on from Feb 2016 until May 2016. During that time I had never had a problem with the game or the server. When I was done playing on the server I would shut it down and save it by pressing return to main menu on the host xbox. This was done hundreds of times without a problem. Never once did it crash, corrupt, or not save properly.

Then The Center map was released and I switched the host Xbox over to The Center map and was able to play exactly the same as before, (saving by pressing return to main menu, etc) again like on The Island save and I never had a problem.

However the 735 and 736 updates were released and my The Center save was wiped. So I accepted that nothing could be done and I restarted again on The Center and admin commanded in the stuff lost on the first wipe. After I finished doing that I returned to main menu saved the way I had always done. The next day I decided to play again so I loaded The Center map and everything was fine however after 20-30 mins of playing the server crashed to dashboard. So I loaded the The Center again and it loaded to where I had saved the day before so I started playing again and the server crashed again after 20-30 mins(about the time it's supposed to autosave). So I figured there was something wrong with the autosave. I loaded a third time (same as before where I loaded in where I had saved the day before) and I tried to use the save admin command and the host Xbox would crash to dashboard everytime I tried to use the save admin command.

Knowing that something was seriously wrong with the save I decided to see if I could save some of stuff I had by uploading it into a obelisk before the server would crash in the next 20-30 mins. So I managed to get a tamed Rex and a few items into the obelisks and then exited out the host Xbox by doing start, exit game from the Xbox dashboard. Next I changed the host Xbox back to the Island (the one from Feb mentioned earlier) and went to the obelisk and recovered the tamed Rex and items from the Center. I then saved the Island the same way as always (pressing return to main menu on host xbox) and everything seemed fine.

The next day I deleted the save data for the Center by pressing the delete save data in the top right corner of the screen on the host section in the main menu. After it was deleted I started another save (3rd time) on the Center and transfered the tamed Rex and items from the Island (that were originally from the 2nd The Center save that kept reverting) and played for a few hours and everything seemed fine. So I saved and exited (again by pressing return to main menu). Next I decide to go check back on my The Island save and it keeps crashing to dashboard on worldsend when loading on the host xbox.

That's where I'm at now. Also as of today I loaded up the most recent The Center save and the tamed Rex (level 234 now) that I transfered has reverted down to base stats (had 10,000+ health now has 1,000 all other stats dropped too) can supply pics if needed

Thanks for your help "

I don't have the NPC count and didn't keep track of the NPC count for any of the saves except for my most recent save on The Center which is around 35,000

On my Xbox dedicated, the Npc spawn seems to slow the responsiveness of the game once it reaches 40k, and pings get into the 150-170 range, and this is from my client Xbox where I play hitting my second server Xbox on the same wired subnet. After  destroywilddinos is run ping immediately drops to 40-60 with about 25 people on the entire time. With 30 people peak server runs smoothly with 20k NPC. Three hours after destroywildinos NPC count reaches 30k and rising and Ping is about 100. Three Players went to center underworld to see anything weird and only about 50 dead itchy on water surface pointing toward the sky, but nothing else in terms of out of control spawns there. Server seems to be running fine. Spawns on the floating center island in terms of argentavis seem a bit more than they should. 

How often should we run destroywilddinos? 

I am running destroywilddinos anytime the NPC count gets above 37k until a patch comes out and other admins know to do as well. It usually hovers around 38k but takes a while to get there. It crashed once when it hit above 40k and one admin claimed it got to 60k but I didn't see it. I have never seen higher than 43k. I run the game off an external usb3 hard drive. So far so good, but am nervous. Have a good community of 100 folks with 20-30 on regularly worldwide.

• Jerryn unpinned this topic
  • Jerryn locked this topic

Archived